Princess Eugenie Marries ... Yawn!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Angela Channing, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,239
    Princess Eugenie marries some guy at a cost to the tax payer of £3 million. Does anyone even care about this minor royal or even know who she is? I think this is one of the few times I've heard about her since she was born.

[​IMG]

2. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,504
    I have to agree that it wasnt worth 2 million (i heard) to the tax payer but Royalty and weddings seem to get people to travel form all over to see and the Royals generate a lot of income for UK

Fergie was an embarrassment to the Royal family, and her 2 daughters seem to do little work wise and go on lots of hols and Im glad Prince Charles has streamlined the Royals = Fergie i believe turned the royal family into a soap opera with some help from Diana - the press used to say more "Pallas than dallas" and some of the "mystique" went

Asides from Prince Harry the younger generation dont do it for me - Bland and blander (Wills and waity Katie) are so boring and she now dresses like some middle aged women and her penchant for naff hats!! I dont get it!!" Even Meghan hasnt lived up to promise and is no more than a glorified clothes horse in her £4000 dresses and coats and needs to do something soon re her father

I have a HUGE amount of respect for the Queen and what she does and I have always liked Charles and the hardest working Royal Princess Anne, who just gets on with it and has raised 2 very nice and normal children. No manipulation and staged photo opportunities like her former sister in law .

I wish Eugenie and her husband well and hope they have a happy life together

3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,634
    William and Kate have more genuine class than any of them. I guess that makes them "boring."

4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,441
    I was disappointed to learn that the BBC didn't carry the service as I had looked forward to watch it on TV like I did when Harry & Meghan got married earlier this year. Luckily I did find a live broadcast on the Royal Family's YouTube channel so I watched it.

It was a lovely ceremony. I felt a bit bad for the groom though as he looked so nervous. Princess Eugenie looked really happy. It was also brave of her to wear a dress that showed off her Scolosis scar in the back.

I love the British Royal family. Growing up Princess Diana and Fergie were my favorites. I also used to think that Fergie and Andrew made a cute couple. They seem to genuinely love each other even though they are divorced. It's not like with Prince Charles and Diana, who probably shouldn't have gotten married in the first place and yet I am glad they did or else William and Harry wouldn't exist. I like Harry & Meghan and William & Kate too. The latter couple might seem a bit boring to some but after all the scandals in the 1990s I think that happy, solid unions are what "the firm" need. ;)

Also I was glad to see that Prince Philip was able to attend the wedding. I am sure it meant a lot to Eugenie to have both her grandparents and her parents there for her big day. :)

P.S. Where did the time go?
    It seems like it wasn't that long ago that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie were little girls who were dressed in matching dresses!
    the yorks.jpg
    Or okay 1996 was a long time ago. But still it's odd how the time tends to move faster for every year that passes by.

Anyway I wish the Royal wedding couple of today all the best. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,937
    My screen name on another forum was Geneviève-Eugénie.

6. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,442
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,634
    "...There was Demi Moore, dressed as the mistress who turns up 10 minutes late to a married man’s funeral..."

:lol:

8. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,941
    It was gracious of Eugenie and Jack to postpone both their engagement announcement and their wedding date to give Harry the opportunity to go first on both counts as his senior royal status warranted.

But the pregnancy announcement at the postponed wedding is starting to make the whole thing look like the Friends episode with Monica's thunder.

9. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,652
    I know who she is but I had no idea she was getting married until the one TV station covering it suddenly announced that fact.

If it had been on Saturday night - my time - as was Harry and Meghan's I would have watched.