1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photobucket Hacker Sent to Prison

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ome, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,803
    Photobucket has been down for nearly a month with few days here and there that sees it return.

I don't think this story is connected with today's issues, but who knows....?

Hacker who developed a code to scan Photobucket’s 10 billion images sentenced to 29 months in prison

A 41-year-old Colorado hacker was sentenced Tuesday to 29 months in prison for selling his software which enabled blackmailers and others to scan Photobucket’s 10 billion images for nude images.

The United States Department of Justice had arrested two men in May, 2015 for “breaching the computer services of Colorado-based Photobucket.” The two men, Brandon Bourret, aged 39, of Colorado Springs, Colorado and Athanasios Andrianakis, aged 26, of Sunnyvale, California had developed a software known as “Photofucket” for “fusking”.

The software developed by these two was capable of hacking into the private Photobucket albums and stealing NSFW images of subscribers. Photobucket is an image and video hosting service with as many as 100 million users who keep their content in either public or private account. Some of those images are of nude Photobucket customers who thought their content was stored privately.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,182
    Better keep them on a USB stick or something. And then you have to hide it of course, because you don't want any burglars to find it. Don't hide it too well otherwise you can't find it anymore.

Or you can keep your clothes on.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,041
    I'm glad he was caught he deserves to go to jail. I hate hackers and people that start viruses.

I have had a problem with Photobucket but I don't have to worry about nude photos that would be embarrassing.

• Like Like x 3