Petition to axe Big Brother is launched after house descends into violent chaos

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,079
    Petition to axe Big Brother is launched after house descends into violent chaos

[​IMG]

From the huge brawl which saw Lotan get kicked out of the house to Tom's warning over "sexual intimidation", Big Brother descended into total chaos in Sunday night's (June 25) episode.

One viewer has even launched a petition on Change.org for the reality show to be "banned from TV immediately" and is planning to deliver it to Ofcom and Channel 5 (as well as Sky and the BBC, for some reason).

"Every year this primetime TV show is fronted by unacceptable violence, language, sexual exploitation, and scenes of unacceptable behaviour suitable for television viewing," the petition reads.

"The producers supply the housemates with copious amounts of alcohol, in the hope that it will attempt to cause eruptions with members, namely purposely getting a reaction to make what they think is good TV.

"Year upon year there are scenes of violence, past episodes of racial harassment, unacceptable behaviour and this is condoned by TV producers all in effort to gain viewing figures.

"I am calling for Ofcom to immediately ban this from TV and prevent any further series from being produced."

But judging from social media, this viewer seems to be in the minority in wanting the show to be axed.

That's not to say fans weren't shocked by the violence in Sunday's episode, which saw security forced to step in and break up a fight between Ellie and sisters Hannah and Deborah. This was after Lotan got into an argument with Isabelle and threw a drink at her.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,079
    I was thinking earlier about this, maybe Lotan started the petition :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,226
    Medals:
    I don't get people complaining because Marcus gives enough OTT warnings before the HL's. I also think those complaining can't have watched the channel 4 series.

:haha:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,447
    Medals:
    Canada started a petition to get our Big Brother back.

The UK version does have foul language, sexual content but at the beginning of each show they state that. These people complaining should tune out, and don't let your children watch. You put people in a house with cameras, no TV, no music, and no contact with the outside world things will happen. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,079
    Here's the thing......

People are saying that BB has lost many viewers with only 1.3 million tuning into launch night and now it's dropped to a steady 800,000 viewers.

Yes, that seems quite bad, but measure it against Eastenders which dropped to 4 million and both Corrie along with Emmerdale getting around 6 million. It''s not as bad as people are syaing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,226
    Medals:
    People complain every year about this show, but why would they want it axed if it still has an audience who want to watch? Compared to whats happening in real life (especially now) surely BB is insignificant.

Anyway, I think we should start a petition to stop this petition :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,079
    :idea::10:

:fantastic::fantastic::fantastic:

• Like Like x 1