People who inject their political views into EVERY conversation.

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Jimmy Todd, May 12, 2019.

1. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Everyone has a right to their political views. I have friends with whom I agree and with whom I disagree. However, it seems to me there are more and more people who make their political views known all the time. Even when I try and change the subject, they bring it back to politics. This happens at work. I'm a teacher, and my department chair makes his views known in class, department meetings, and casual conversation. I'm a step away from telling him it's unprofessional and immature. There's a time and a place for everything. We don't need to hear who someone voted for ad nauseam.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    I agree. I have to work with one of them. It doesn't help here in Australia we're about to have a Federal Election. The bloke I work with is a rusted on Labor voter and attempts to inform me how great the party has been for the working class. <Insert eye roll> The other day he kept banging on about Labor this and Labor that until I snapped and reminded him if the Labor Party was so bloody brilliant why are they absolutely useless when it comes to running the budget because the last time a Labor party here in Australia managed a budget surplus was back in 1989, that's 30 years ago.

3. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +832
    Medals:
    I sometimes think it's nice to be blissfully ignorant of another person's political views. I generally don't discuss politics outside of the Internet because of how divisive the conversations can get. My former step-father is the opposite. Everything is political to him. We have completely different views on politics, so listening to him drone on and on was always unpleasant.

Fortunately, I don't see him anymore. He could literally turn a sunny day into a political diatribe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    They have a name for that now. It's called Climate Change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +829
    The same way I felt about Russ Cassell and Rush Limbaugh on 106.3 WORD (and still do about Limbaugh)!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +264
    One of the things about this is that these people always present their view in such a way that they are really saying, "Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid." Very few people really understand all the intricacies of a country's economy, foreign policy, bureaucracy, role of the media, etc. How can the average person truly claim to have all the answers?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Something that each major political party (along with the radio and TV talkers who are of the persuasions of that party) accuses the other party of doing, while doing it themselves-- Democrats accuse Republicans of doing it, and Republicans vice versa!

8. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,343
    Medals:
    People who use every topic as an opportunity to raise their own political views can be very annoying. I blame Brexit for politicising general debate. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    I now inform people I have no allegiance to any religion or political party. They seriously ask how I function in life without spiritual or political guidance. I say it's easy and very liberating.

• Agree Agree x 1