Nick Hogan's bigamist twist.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Medals:
    Despite not being fond of Vicky's sugar daddy Nick Hogan I am curious as to your thoughts on his bigamist twist, after romancing Vicky and then marrying her at the lavish mansion wedding? Should he have also died as a result of Julia shooting at the wedding ceremony?

2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,974
    Medals:
    No, he shouldn't have died. I would have preferred if they made the story run for longer as it had potential for creating disruption in the household of Saint Chase Gioberti. I would have preferred for Nick to have wormed his way into the affections of Maggie and Chase and become much more of an integral part of the family. He should have gotten Vicky pregnant so when the bigamy was discovered it would have had bigger ramifications.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,097
    Medals:
    If he'd have died, we have missed out on Sheila Hogan's sadistic smirk when Vicky finds them in bed together and then Vicky's wonderfully solemn announcement to Cole, "I have to get out of my marriage", which for some reason I've never forgotten.

I always like Roy Thinnes, first from The Invaders when I was a kid and then later The X-Files, so, all in all, I'm in favour of Nick Hogan. (I don't think I ever realised he was a bigamist though.)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    Medals:
    Yes, quite right. I mentioned on another thread how quietly effective that brief scene is. Hard to say why. It just feels real for some reason.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Medals:
    It was interesting how the story of Nick and Vicki unfolded. He was Chase's work colleague who soon became attracted to the much younger woman, Vicki. Of course Mr. Hogan had an ulterior motive, to get his foot firmly over the threshold of the Gioberti castle and once in then go after all those dollars. Vicki was blind to it all and eventually would be hurt emotionally. Sadly Jamie Rose (Vicki N.o. 1) a core cast member would leave the show, when the bigamy was exposed. It wasn't necessary to cull Nick though.

Vicki shows up at Nick's store, with lunch. He has forgotten Shelia promised to have lunch with him. Understandably when she shows up and glances Vicki things soon turn sour, (a scene from season 2, 1982 - '83):

Vicki: "I'm sorry I guess I blew it!"

Nick: "We both blew it!"

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +418
    I got the impression that the story was cut short when Jamie Rose left, and that it would have taken a season to unfold had she stayed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    Medals:
    Cut short when they fired her.