1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

EastEnders Nasty Kim

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Cookiescholes, Jan 20, 2017.

1. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,488
    Medals:
    I don't agree. Dot, Ethel, Arthur, Jim, Frank, Zainab, Tamwar -- those characters could make me laugh and cry, sometimes both within the same scene. Kim is very much within that tradition.

I don't think it's as black and white as that.

Everyone is everythinged on Twitter so that don't really mean much.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cookiescholes

Cookiescholes Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    @James from London

Lets say for argument sake she was how she was with Denise out of love, how do you explain her nasty behaviour towards Dot the other week? She barged into Dot's house, was abusive and made Dot cry.

I don't think they mean to write Kim as a psychopath but they keep doing it.

3. Angela's Mulled Wine

Angela's Mulled Wine World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,927
    Medals:
    James will have his own take on this but my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Kim had some justification to have a go at Dot, although she might have taken it too far, but that's entirely within character for her over the top personality. Dot was driving when she clearly knew she had a problem with her eyesight, even letting Kim take the blame for when their cars hit each other rather than accept that she might have been at fault because of the problems she was having with her eyes. So from Kim's point of view, she had good reason to tell Dot off. When Dot broke down in tears, Kim immediately realised she went to far and began to comfort her, that's not the behaviour of a psychopath but someone with a fiery temper that can show great compassion when necessary. It's the light and shade in Kim's personality that makes her such a great character.

• Like Like x 1
  4. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,488
    Medals:
    Kim might be hotheaded and self-centred (behaviour that isn't exactly uncommon in EastEnders), but she's hardly a psychopath - she isn't prone to murder or even physical violence. And again, the way she immediately went to comfort Dot when she realised how upset she was was very touching. That didn't seem to be the reaction of someone suffering from a violent mental disorder.

Denise herself also used to be very volatile and quick-tempered - her behaviour was set against Kevin Wicks' easygoing nature to establish an "opposites attract" dynamic between them.