Morning Consult editor: Race for the House will be close

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by SueEllenRules!, Sep 4, 2018.

1. SueEllenRules!

SueEllenRules! Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    Morning Consult editor: Race for the House will be close

Morning Consult executive editor Anna Yukhananov says the fight between Republicans and Democrats to take back the House will be close in this year's midterm elections.

“I think it’s a strong chance, but I think it’s going to be close," Yukhananov told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking," when asked whether she thought Democrats would regain control of the lower chamber.

"What interesting is even in toss-up districts, there’s a slight lean towards Democrats, but I think it’s less than it is nationally," she continued.

The new American Barometer survey, conducted by Hill.TV and the HarrisX polling company found that Democrats are leading Republicans by 11 points on the generic ballot.

Other polling has also displayed a solid Democratic lead at the national level.

Despite energy displayed by the Democratic base and candidates going into the midterms, there are still some factors that could play into the GOP's favor, including the healthy economy.

Republicans have historically come out in higher numbers to vote in midterms, and liberal groups say they hold a gerrymandered advantage in district lines as well.

However, research director at the Public Religion Research Institute Dan Cox says each race will ultimately come down to local conditions.

"The action is occurring district by district, and it really varies, depending on candidate quality, resources, the demographics of the particular district," Cox told Concha.

"So we’re not looking at a national election, we’re looking at a whole bunch of local elections that determine sort of the national outcome," he continued.

http://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...lt-editor-race-to-take-back-the-house-will-be

2. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    It shouldn't be close at all. However, this is what happens when people realize that the so-called "resistance" goes along with Trump more often than not.

Meanwhile, establishment Democrats and their puppets do everything in their power to suppress the leftists who actually oppose Trump at every level. Funny how that works.

3. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    My first post was on topic. You post these stupid pics/memes to try to shutdown an opposing view you don't like. It's transparent, and perhaps the mods need to intervene again.

4. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. Both parties do business with corrupt foreign oligarchs, illegally spy on their citizens, bomb and destroy Middle Eastern counties, treat illegal immigrants like dirt, saddle sick people and students with massive debt, and capitulate to their donors. Hillary Clinton was no different in this regard, but you have such a hard on for her that you can't see straight. You rail against Russian interference because you claim to care about democracy, yet you constantly shame people who participated in democracy because they didn't vote your way. You believe Democrats are entitled to our vote without earning it, which is elitist and flies in the face of democracy. You even have the gall to use the false equivalency of comparing Trump to Hitler. Last I checked, Trump wasn't sending anybody to the gas chamber. Yes, he's a war monger who breaks up immigrant families and supports policies that benefit of the rich at the expense of the poor, but so do the Democrats. Trump is a symptom of systemic rot, but you root for that system because you don't really have any genuine regard for policy. I will never let some vile partisan hack make me feel ashamed for choosing policies over party. I don't vote for war mongers, corporatists, or primary cheats.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  5. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    And Hillary wanted to keep Obamacare, which still left 29 million people uninsured and many more struggling to afford their premiums. But, you know, Trump.

The timing of corporate Democrats suddenly embracing (at least publicly) progressive positions at least shows their awareness that progressives aren't backing down any time soon.

Change doesn't come by being silent or eating scraps forced upon you.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  6. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    In other words, we should resign ourselves to voting for corrupt corporate war mongers forever as long as they're Democrats. And we should make sure never to criticize them too.

Now that's my idea of democracy!

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)