1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Actors Morgan Fairchild vs Lorimar

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Carrie Fairchild, May 19, 2017.

1. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I actually liked Priscilla Presley's Jenna in her first season, and found myself genuinely interested in her story with Bobby. But once season 8 (dvd) hit, she just became an insufferable, whiny wuss. Even worse, it seemed like it was always "Save Jenna Time", and I hated how almost all of the other characters put her up on a freakin' pedestal all of the time. Especially JR and his creepy little obsession with her. It was as if they believed that the world itself would end if Jenna was not happy. Quite a difference from how they talked about Jenna #1 at the dinner table back in season 2 (dvd). "The way she bounces from man to man." Funny how they all forgot about that. But personally, I would have liked it better if Bobby had been with Morgan Fairchild's version of Jenna. But like you pretty much said, Bobby was too high and mighty for her. Dallas writers had a really sexist view about women. In their minds, if a female character was too "bad", they simply didn't deserve a Ewing man, or maybe any other man, either. Funny how that rule didn't apply to the men, though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,967
    Oh, I don't *think* they would've had to write Jenna that way - she was Bobby's first love after all and there was a reason he fell in love with her.

However, Dallas writers had issues with nuances so it would've probably either been Evil Nasty Jenna or Sugar Jenna. No in between (which is the more interesting option...)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    And what, pray tell, is this "Southfork quality" that you speak of? In Jenna #3's case, I'm going to assume that you are referring to incessant whining and wimpiness.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,652
    I agree that Tacker was the least memorable Jenna but she was excellent in the Paper Chase TV series. A matter of matching the right actor to the right role.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,420
    Especially as Presley can't act for toffee.

She's too wooden & that plastic expression on her face never did the character any favours. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,872
    I to liked Priscilla's introduction. There was a softness to her which I believed suited the role of Bobby's first love. I may be one of the few but I detected real chemistry between Priscilla and Patrick which surprised me because I thought he only had that with Victoria. The problem began when the writers put Priscilla's acting under the microscope and her shortcomings were on full display. Pity really because the only threat to Pam was Jenna.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,405
    I agree @Rove
    I think pat d and PP had great chemistry and worked well together especially in her first 2 years on the show during S6/7
    I was lucky to meet her on the Dallas set and they were filming s6, ep 10
    A scene at the oil barons club where Bobby invites her to the OBB
    I was struck by her beauty, she was stunning, exquisite skin, stunning eyes and could see why elvis fell for her
    By the end tho, they changed her character, paired her with Ray which was wrong, and a lack of depth in her acting was apparent
    I still enjoyed her on Dallas tho

8. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +962
    Even at her prime I don't see how Fairchild got work. Tacker was NOT Jenna, though. PBP was......mediocre in the beginning and spiraled down extremely fast and I don't see how she managed to remain on the show for so long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,651
    Agreed.

Fairchild was a little stiff in her youth, but was always a better comic actress than a dramatic one.