1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

More Money Thrown At Madeleine McCann Case

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Angela Channing, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,534
    Today, our government announced it has given the police more money to continue their search for Madeleine McCann, almost 11 years after she went missing.

The Home Office has confirmed the Metropolitan Police will receive more cash to look for the girl, who was aged three when she disappeared from her family's rented holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast in May 2007.

In total, UK tax payers have funded this search by over £11 million since David Cameron ordered the Metropolitan Police to take on the case from the Portuguese polic .

Meanwhile, Missing People, the only UK charity dedicated to reuniting missing children and adults with their families got just £77,ooo from the government last year.

Yesterday, this same government said it would no longer fund the search for missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague after just over a year of looking and spending a fraction of what the Madeleine McCann search has so far been given.

Meanwhile, sufficient money isn't being found to identify dead children from the Grenfell Tower fire.

The priorities of this spending is beyond disgusting.

If there's money to be spent, it should be on charging Madeleine's parents for child neglect. If it was a single parent on benefits, they'd have been arrested on the day of her disappearance. The McCanns still allowed to get away with refusing to answer certain questions about their daughter's disappearance.

Madeleine McCann: Police granted more funds for search

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    I noticed this earlier but wasn't sure whether to post about it. Considering Corrie McTeague's search has been called off and he only went missing last year, I really am shocked by this. I'm afraid I don't understand it, nor am I 100% sure of the parents innocence in this (aside from leaving her and her siblings alone).