1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EastEnders Missed opportunities

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,809
    Medals:
    I think the one big missed opportunity in EastEnders was the fact that we never got a full on war of the Vic/Square between
    The Watts and The Mitchells, no fault on the actors or producers it was down to timing, Both Den and Angie were gone by 1990, then by 2003 When Den returns Grant was long gone and Phil was on his way out, leaving only Samantha and Billy to deal with the Watts as a family unit, which was a bit lackluster considering the history Sharon has with the Mitchells and the fact that Den would probably kill Grant and Phil for the whole Sharongate mess.

Plus we could've seen an Angie vs Peggy scenario, with Angie showing Peggy how to be a classy, indiscriminate, friendly but firm landlady.

Another loss was not introducing the brilliant David Wicks earlier in the 1980s era, around the same time as Simon, David is one of those characters who could fit into any era of EastEnders and wouldn't be out of place, I imagine he would have a complicated relationship with Pete, but somehow Den would relate to him, as he too was a bit of a lone wolf.

Any other opportunities EastEnders missed out on?

2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,809
    Medals:
    Another missed opportunity.

Ted Hills was a good character but somehow seemed out of place in the mid 90s.

I see him as a recurring presence in the late 80s as a sort of person trying to impress Den and Pete, but they just treat him as a tag along.

I would like to have Lou Beale just become a recurring character in the 90s just to interact with Peggy, two very different but equally formidable matriarchs from different generations, both old school matriarchs one from the 40s, the other from the 60s, I can just see Lou sparring with Peggy and smug in the knowledge that she knows about Mark Jnr's true parentage.