1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meghan and Harry

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Sarah, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 21 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,325
    Medals:
    If it is supported with facts I would.

I'm still waiting to see any facts to support the reasons why people hate Meghan and think they are justified to call her a "whore".

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    Which, of course, is what you do. Which makes you objective.

3. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    If this gum-smacking woman appears at your car window and offers to sit on your face, and she doesn't yet mention a price (yet has a belt money changer) is it racism to suspect she might be a hooker?

[​IMG]

4. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,325
    Medals:
    The fact that she has offered a sexual service is evidence to make a reasonable assumption that she is a prostitute. Race doesn't come into your scenario.

Two women join the Royal Family, one is white and the other is bi-racial. Neither puts a foot wrong in public and they both spark new interest in royalty. They both support various charities.

Is it racist to fawn over the white one while calling the bi-racial one a "whore" for no justifiable reason, as you have done on many occasions?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    Have you forgotten some of the smears which were thrown at Kate early on??

6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    Harry and Meghan: Prince arrives in Canada ahead of new chapter

[​IMG]

Image copyright Getty Images
    Image caption Harry and Meghan visited Canada House in London after returning from their Christmas break
    The Duke of Sussex has arrived in Canada as he prepares for a new life away from royal duties.

Prince Harry landed on Vancouver Island on Tuesday morning to be reunited with his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, and their eight-month-old son Archie.

It comes after the duke said he was "taking a leap of faith" in stepping back as a senior royal, but "there really was no other option".

From the spring, the Sussexes will no longer be full-time working royals.

They will stop using their HRH titles, no longer carry out royal duties or military appointments and no longer formally represent the Queen.

The new arrangement was unveiled on Saturday, following days of talks with the Queen and other senior royals including Harry's older brother, the Duke of Cambridge.

It came after the Sussexes announced they would step back as "senior" royals and intended to split their time between the UK and North America.

Last October, Prince Harry and Meghan publicly revealed their struggles under the media spotlight.

• Prince Harry landed in Vancouver on Tuesday morning before travelling to Victoria International Airport on Vancouver Island.

The duchess has been staying on Canada's west coast with her son, after briefly returning to the UK earlier this month following an extended six-week Christmas break on Vancouver Island with Prince Harry.

On Monday, Harry attended the UK-Africa Investment Summit - likely to be one of his last official royal engagements.

After holding a number of private meetings - including with Prime Minister Boris Johnson - the duke flew from Heathrow Airport to Canada, BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said.

[​IMG]Image copyright Reuters
    Image caption Prince Harry spoke with world leaders at the UK-Africa summit, including Mr Johnson
    He has been apart from wife Meghan for more than 10 days, after she flew back to Canada earlier this month.

On Monday, a beaming Meghan and Archie were photographed walking her dogs, a beagle and a black Labrador, in a park on Vancouver Island. Before she married, Meghan regularly featured her pets on her Instagram account.

Archie, who was born in May, has not been back to the UK since the family's Christmas break on Vancouver Island.

[​IMG]Image copyright PA Media
    Image caption The couple and son Archie spent time in Victoria over Christmas
    [​IMG]
    Will the Sussexes find peace on Vancouver Island?
    By Sophie Long, BBC North America correspondent

The storm has passed and the sun that has melted most of the snow has revealed just how beautiful Vancouver Island is. Now I can understand why the royal couple might want to live here.

The people are relaxed and welcoming. There is a sense of happiness and pride that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex want to come here and share in the surroundings that islanders are so proud of.

The couple have come here because they want to have a more balanced and peaceful life.

One woman tells me they deserve as much space as anyone and she thinks they'll find it here - as long as the press leave them alone. The implication being that the Canadian public won't be the problem.

Ross, who was born and raised here but has British roots, says he doesn't think they'll be hassled. "Canadians might give them a wave," he says, "but they won't be jumping up and down."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Image copyright EPA
    Image caption The Queen attended church near Sandringham on Sunday, the morning after the announcement about Harry and Meghan
    Meanwhile, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are continuing with their royal schedule. For the first time, the couple hosted an evening reception for world leaders on behalf of the Queen at Buckingham Palace on Monday.

On Tuesday, Prince William attended a United for Wildlife event at St James's Palace.

'The truth from me'
    Buckingham Palace's statement on Saturday night followed weeks of speculation about what Harry and Meghan's new roles within the Royal Family would involve, after the couple's surprise announcement they wanted to step back as senior royals.

In his first speech since the revelation, Harry said he wanted people "to hear the truth from me... not as a prince, or a duke, but as Harry".

[​IMG]
    Media playback is unsupported on your device
    Prince Harry says that it is "a great sadness that it has come to this"

Media captionPrince Harry says it is "a great sadness that it has come to this"
    "The UK is my home and a place that I love. That will never change," he said.

He said he had found "the love and happiness that I had hoped for all my life" with Meghan, and wanted to make it clear they were "not walking away".

[​IMG]
    Media playback is unsupported on your device
    BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond gives his five takeaways from Harry's speech

Media captionBBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond gives his five takeaways from Harry's speech
    In their announcement earlier this month, the Sussexes said they would work to become financially independent.

Currently, 95% of the couple's income comes from Prince Charles's income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a vast portfolio of property and financial investments, which brought in £21.6m last year.

It is understood the couple will continue to receive money from Harry's father under the new agreement, although it is unclear whether this will come from the Duchy, his personal wealth, or a combination of the two.

However, the pair will stop receiving money from the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant, which makes up the other 5% of their income.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  7. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator EXP: 11 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,043
    Medals:
    Oh God... here we go.

For the next month it's going to be all over the media whenever one of them is spotted outdoors in their new "low profile" chapter.

In other news: the Duchess cooks dinner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    And when she divorces him -- and it will be a messy divorce, because that's what she'll want (for the victimy drama) -- her supporters will still believe every accusation she lobs at him.

I just hope she doesn't Johnny Stompanato him.

Not that I'm terribly fond of Harry either. But at least he's not his grandfather.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    Duke and Duchess of Sussex issue legal warning over photos

[​IMG]
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a legal warning to the media after photographs of Meghan in Canada were published in newspapers and on websites.

Lawyers say the photos of the duchess walking her dogs and carrying her son were taken by photographers hiding in bushes and spying on her.

They say she did not consent and accuse the photographers of harassment.

The couple say that they are prepared to take legal action.

They are believed to be alarmed by paparazzi activity near their current base on Vancouver Island.

Lawyers say there have also been attempts to photograph inside their home using long-range lenses and they accuse the paparazzi of being camped outside the property.

This comes after the Queen agreed to the couple's wish to step back from being full-time royals, to become financially independent and to split their time between the UK and Canada.

On Monday, Meghan was pictured carrying the couple's eight-month-old son Archie in a baby sling, while walking her two dogs, Guy and Oz, in North Hill Regional Park on Vancouver Island.

The Duke of Sussex arrived back in Canada on Tuesday morning after attending the UK-Africa Investment Summit in London on Monday.

He had been apart from Meghan and Archie for more than 10 days, after she flew back to Canada earlier this month.

It was announced on Saturday that from the spring, the Sussexes will no longer be full-time working royals.

They will stop using their HRH titles, no longer carry out royal duties or military appointments and no longer formally represent the Queen.

One day after that announcement, Prince Harry said he was "taking a leap of faith" in stepping back from being a senior royal, adding: "There really was no other option."

10. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    It seems Guy has also flown home to her (I'm glad), but I also feel she should be fetching Bogart from California.

11. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    She's felching Bogart?? Who is he, and is it on camera?

12. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    'Fetching' Bogart - :llooll:

He's her other dog who she left in California :fp:

13. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    Oh, sorry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    I'm starting to worry Harry won't settle in Canada. He's been used to such a certain way of life.

15. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Medals:
    Did anyone watch the Channel 5 documentary with Thomas Markle?

16. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,704
    Medals:
    She's got this Jodie Arias vibe going on.

17. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,325
    Medals:
    No but it produced a lot of sympathy for Meghan because her dad came across as a bad father who was using her to make money.

Meghan Markle receives outpouring of support on Twitter after Thomas Markle's tell-all interview

The Duchess of Sussex has received an outpouring of support after an intimate tell-all documentary featuring her estranged father. Thomas Markle spoke of his pain following his dramatic fallout with Meghan and her and Prince Harry’s move to break away from the royal family. In the documentary, which aired on Channel 5 on Wednesday, Mr Markle said from his home in Mexico that he “missed his daughter” but added: “I don’t know who she is anymore”.

Many were quick to throw their support behind Meghan, questioning Mr Markle's decision to “trash his own daughter” and claiming he is “not to be trusted”.

One person condemned him for trying to “cash in” on the duchess, saying: “I would never watch the Thomas Markle interview.

“Any father who is willing to go on national TV to trash his own daughter is a piece of trash. He has sold his story to papers and is trying to cash in on his daughter.

“If he was my father I would never speak to him again.”

18. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,513
    So apparently some twitter Markle fan tried to use her name as an amazingly positive verb
    "Twitter user @_RyanJesse came up with the term: “Meghan Markle, a verb, past tense: Meghan Markled, to Meghan Markle – to value yourself and mental health enough to up and leave a room/ situation / environment in which your authentic self is not welcomed or wanted.”

except . . . there has already been a verb with her name when all this started

Meghan Markle
    TOP DEFINITION
    Meghan Markle
    Verb for ghosting or disposing people once you have no use or benefit from them anymore without any regard to genuine human relationships
    Do not Meghan Markle me when your movie comes out!

She did a Meghan Markle on her friends as soon as she became famous.

Mary did a Meghan Markle on her poor husband as soon as she became famous.

She Meghan Markled her sisters from the Bronx.
    #meghan markle#markle#duchess of sussex#sussex

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,883
    I have zero interest in watching a grown man trash his daughter on television. And to those responsible for bringing this to the small screen I hope a thousand fleas infest your armpits. My understanding is Meghan severed her ties with that family - and rightly so. What gives her father and evil step-sister the right to speak as though they know her thoughts. Just go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,883
    I have zero interest in watching a grown man trash his daughter on television. And to those responsible for bringing this to the small screen I hope a thousand fleas infest your armpits. My understanding is Meghan severed her ties with that family - and rightly so. What gives her father and evil step-sister the right to speak as though they know her thoughts. Just go away.