1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hollyoaks Meet Tabitha Maxwell-Brown (Linda Gray)

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 14, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    'THE MEN ARE YUMMY'
    Linda Gray had no idea what Hollyoaks was before she was offered the part…and she was left swooning over all the hunky men

The Dallas star plays Marnie's American mum Tabitha

By ELAINE MCCAHILL
    16th November 2016, 2:09 pm

LINDA Gray has revealed she didn’t know what Hollyoaks was before she was offered the part but is delighted to be part of the Channel 4 soap, especially because of all the hunky men.

The Dallas icon will be arriving in Chester to see her daughter Marnie Nightingale (Lysette Anthony), following the death of her on-screen husband, Charles and creates a bit of a stir to say the least.

[​IMG]
    PA:press Association

Linda Gray revealed she didn’t know what Hollyoaks was before she was offered a role in the soap
    Speaking to The Mirror, Linda – famed for playing JR Ewing’s alcoholic wife Sue-Ellen – said she’s loving her time in the UK.

The 76-year-old said: “All the men on Hollyoaks are just yummy. They’re delicious. It was like going to an art gallery.

“I could appreciate what was in front of me, but I didn’t take it home. I’ve relaxed into life. This is the best time of my life and I have more fun now.”

Joan Collins was originally offered the part but turned it down and Linda says she jumped at it.

[​IMG]
    Hollyoaks

Linda Gray as Tabby with her on-screen daughter, Marnie, played by Lysette Anthony
    She said: “I love England, I read the script, she’s feisty, I love the feisty ones.

“I asked all my British friends ‘What is Hollyoaks?’ and they all said it was a great idea.

“I’m 76 and I feel amazing. Maybe better than I did when I was younger.

“My motto is ‘choose wisely’ – and I think I’ve chosen wisely.”

Linda is initially only scheduled to appear for a week and will make her first appearance this Friday, but producers are open to a longer run if her character proves popular.

Playing the glamorous Tabby, she will be bringing drama too, clashing with her on-screen daughter – fuming that Marnie has taken Mac Nightinglae back.

[​IMG]

Linda was reuinted with some of the original members of the Dallas cast

Executive producer of the Channel 4 show, Bryan Kirkwood, said: “When we came to discuss who could possibly play Marnie’s mother the list was very small.

Lysette Anthony has fast become a fabulous soap bitch so having Linda Gray play her mother, Tabitha, is the perfect fit.”

Linda’s first episode airs this Friday November 18, 7pm on E4.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...she-was-left-swooning-over-all-the-hunky-men/

2. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Dallas icon Linda Gray - all the men on Hollyoaks are yummy, I'm so glad I joined

Linda, who played Sue Ellen in the oil soap, makes her first appearance in Hollyoaks village on Friday, playing Tabitha, the American mum of Lysette Anthony’s Marnie

By Jessica Boulton
    • 22:39, 15 NOV 2016
    • Updated22:40, 15 NOV 2016

[​IMG]
    Linda Gray is happy to have a new role on Hollyoaks (Photo: Don Arnold)

Dallas legend Linda Gray will have had more glamorous birthdays than the one she spent at an M1 service station eating a sandwich.

But it was just part of another unexpected journey in a life filled with more dramatic twists than her screen roles.

Linda joined the oil soap as Sue Ellen aged 38 and now, twice that age, has traded in the big hair, and even bigger shoulder pads, for a part in a UK soap.

To many her decision to swap Hollywood for Hollyoaks seems as odd as when Bobby came back from the dead and emerged from a shower.

But Linda thinks joining the Channel 4 drama is one of the best decisions she’s made. She says: “I love England, I read the script, she’s feisty, I love the feisty ones.

“I asked all my British friends ‘What is Hollyoaks?’ and they all said it was a great idea. I’m 76 and I feel amazing. Maybe better than I did when I was younger.

[​IMG]
    Dallas, Larry Hagman (as John Ross 'J.R.' Ewing, Jr.) and Linda Gray (as Sue Ellen Ewing), 1981 (Photo: CBS)

“My motto is ‘choose wisely’ – and I think I’ve chosen wisely.”

Chester-based Hollyoaks is a world away Dallas’s Southfork ranch and the role as oil baron JR Ewing’s long-suffering, boozy wife, which made Linda a global star.

And the British soap with its two million plus viewers will not challenge Dallas’s popularity, which ran for 14 series from 1978 to 1991 attracting up to 20 million UK viewers a week.

By the time of the Who Shot JR? storyline in 1980, 350 million – one in 12 of the world population at the time – were tuning in.

But Hollyoaks’ fans are devoted and the series has definite attractions for Linda. She says: “All the men on Hollyoaks are just yummy. They’re delicious. It was like going to an art gallery.

“I could appreciate what was in front of me, but I didn’t take it home. I’ve relaxed into life. This is the best time of my life and I have more fun now.”

Dallas legend Linda Gray - JR Ewing's wife Sue Ellen - is to join the cast of Hollyoaks

If Linda’s role in Hollyoaks seems unexpected then so was her break into showbiz. Born in Santa Monica, the daughter of a watchmaker, she was a model and commercial star in the 60s and was paid $25 (£20) to be the leg on the poster for the 1967 film The Graduate. It won her the attention of screen legend Elizabeth Taylor, who dubbed her the “b***h with long legs”.

[​IMG]
    Linda was famously the leg on The Graduate poster in 1967 (Photo: Rex)

Linda laughs: “She didn’t like many women. She was more comfortable around men, adoring her.

“So when there was another woman in the room she was like, ‘I don’t think so’. She was a ballsy broad, beautiful, fabulous, sexy. But I talked back to her and think maybe she liked that.

“One day she told me get her an orange juice and I said: ‘Do it yourself. Get up off your chair. I’m not waiting on you.’ That’s who I am – you don’t mess with me.”

It’s a motto that Linda has always had. She overcame childhood polio and growing up with an alcoholic mother.

At 21, Linda married artistic director Ed Thrasher and put her ambitions aside to live his dream of raising their two children Jeff, now 51, and Kehly, 49, on a ranch, north of LA.

Each morning he left her lists of chores, treating her “like a maid” and once telling her she looked like a “hooker”. After she got offered Dallas, she decided she’d had enough and in 1981 she left.

She says: “I’d been living Ed’s dream but when I got a chance to live my dream that wasn’t OK with him. I could have turned Dallas down and said I’ll stay home and feed the chickens. But I saw Sue Ellen as a gift – and I will be forever grateful.”

[​IMG]
    With her Dallas pals Patrick Duffy and Larry Hagman

That gift helped her mum into recovery – having been shocked by seeing her daughter playing an alcoholic.

Abusive JR, played by Larry Hagman , famously called Sue Ellen: “A drunk, a tramp and an unfit mother.”

Dallas also gave Linda her two best friends – Patrick Duffy, now 67, who was JR’s younger brother Bobby and Larry, who died from cancer aged 81 in 2012.

She says: “The funny thing about ‘Who shot JR?’ is that it was an accident.

“At the end of that season, they didn’t know how to end the show. So finally one of the producers said, ‘Why don’t we just shoot him?’

“We had no idea of the groundswell that would happen around the world. All of sudden it was crazy.”

A writers’ strike meant there was a longer than usual wait for the next series. By then, it was front page news, and the film reel was famously wheeled into Heathrow under armed guard. Linda was one of the few who knew who did it (Sue Ellen’s sister Kristin) but couldn’t even tell her children.

[​IMG]
    Linda, as Tabby, meets Tony in Hollyoaks (Photo: Channel 4)

She says: “That was the longest summer of my life. Every place we’d go everyone would stop me, ‘Who shot JR? Who shot JR?’. I’d hide under a baseball cap, thinking: ‘If I hear this one more time I’ll go mental’. My children didn’t want to be in public with me.”

On set Larry, unlike Linda and Patrick, drank champagne. She laughs: “Larry just loved it and he needed a new liver because he loved it so much.”

On November 23, the anniversary of Larry’s death, Linda and Patrick will call his son Preston for their annual remembrance tradition, raising a glass of fizz.

They were both at his side when he died – while filming the rebooted series of Dallas.

Linda says: “He passed away doing absolutely what he loved to do in life – playing JR Ewing again. Larry was never sad about it. He wasn’t worried about death.”

Dallas star Linda Gray set to make Panto debut as fairy godmother

Linda, who lost sister Betty to cancer in 1989, has suffered hard times but is now more content than ever.

She says: “I’ve gone through all this stuff but I’ve survived. Now with all the things that have happened in my past, I look at them with joy and say: ‘I’m glad that happened because it made me a better person’.

“You could hang on to terrible things all your life – blame your mother, blame this, blame that. I believe there’s an expiration date on blaming people for what you think they’ve done to you. I told the kids that. Once they’re 30, that’s it.” Linda weight trains three times a week to keep fit, wanting to “play on this planet for as long as I can.” She’s also still up for dating, admitting to crushes on Hugh Laurie and Richard Branson (“for his mind”).

She says: “I look at Patrick who’s been married for 45 years, Larry who was married 55, and I say ‘God bless’. They found that person they wanted to spend the rest of their life with. That didn’t happen to me but that’s OK.

“Sometimes I liken love to a dance. Sometimes the music stops and you have to move on.”

Linda makes her first appearance in Hollyoaks village on Friday, playing Tabitha, the American mum of Lysette Anthony’s Marnie, in what’s hoped will be a recurring role.

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood was thrilled when Linda accepted the part and called her “the perfect fit”. She was built a dressing room on set and put up in a top hotel, although she made it clear she didn’t want any special treatment, insisting she was just a “mother and grandmother.”

Linda certainly got no special treatment when an assistant director picked her up at a London airport for a four-hour drive to Liverpool.

She says: “It was my birthday. I said to Gareth, ‘Can we stop?’ so we pulled into a truckstop. I bought us sandwiches and water and we ate in the car. Then I said to him: ‘Well this is the sweetest birthday meal I’ve ever had!’.

“We laughed so hard. It was hysterical. And that was my entry into Hollyoaks. It was so sweet.” So will she be back in Chester after this guest stint? “I hope so. But next time. I’ll bring a little lunch.”

• Hollyoaks, weekdays E4, 7pm and Channel 4, 6.30pm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dallas-icon-linda-gray-men-9267932

• Like Like x 2
  3. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Linda Gray has crush on her Hollyoaks co-stars
    • Source: Bang Showbiz
    • Date: 16 November 2016
    [​IMG]
    Linda Gray

Linda Gray has confessed she has developed a soft spot for her 'Hollyoaks' co-stars.

Linda Gray has a crush on all her male co-stars in 'Hollyoaks'.

The 'Dallas' beauty has just joined the Channel 4 soap as feisty mother Tabitha Maxwell-Brown and, although she's only just started shooting her scenes, she's already developed a soft spot for the majority male cast and can't resist staring at them when she's meant to be working.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Linda explained: "All the men on 'Hollyoaks' are just yummy. They're delicious. It was like going to an art gallery.

"I could appreciate what was in front of me, but I didn't take it home. I've relaxed into life. This is the best time of my life and I have more fun now."

And, although she's settled in already, the 76-year-old actress had no idea what 'Hollyoaks' was when she was dished out the script from producers and had to rely on her British friends to explain.

She said: "I love England, I read the script, she's feisty, I love the feisty ones.

"I asked all my British friends 'What is 'Hollyoaks'?' and they all said it was a great idea.

"I'm 76 and I feel amazing - Maybe better than I did when I was younger. My motto is 'choose wisely' - and I think I've chosen wisely."

Linda - known for portraying long-suffering wife Sue Ellen Ewing in 'Dallas' between 1978 and 1989 - announced she had joined 'Hollyoaks' last month and was "thrilled" she had been chose by bosses.

She said at the time: "I'm thrilled to be going from one iconic series to another and can't wait to work with the fantastic cast.

"'Hollyoaks' viewers are going to love it when Tabby whips up a storm just like Sue Ellen did."

Although Linda's appearance in the show will only last a week, bosses have left the door open for a future return.

'Hollyoaks' Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood explained: "When we came to discuss who could possibly play Marnie's [Lysette Anthony] mother the list was very small.

"Lysette Anthony has fast become a fabulous soap bitch so having Linda Gray play her mother Tabitha is the perfect fit.We can't wait to have an international TV icon arrive in Chester and become part of the 'Hollyoaks' family."

https://www.list.co.uk/article/86371-linda-gray-has-crush-on-her-hollyoaks-co-stars/

• Like Like x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Funny when they mention that she is making a cameo appearance, when she is a multiple episode guest star. Then they seem to refer to her forthcoming arrival in the peaceful surroundings of Hollyoaks village as her first appearance.

Thinking of comments, I quite liked this one:
    “All the men on Hollyoaks are just yummy. They’re delicious. It was like going to an art gallery."
    - Linda Gray

• Like Like x 2
  5. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    I wonder if Linda was thinking of Freddie Roscoe (Charlie Clapham) when she said art gallery.

5f76b585d352856f8ed460e74579c611.jpg

-----------------------
    'Pardon me, could you say that again?': Dallas star Linda Gray reveals she couldn't understand her Hollyoaks co-stars when she first arrived on set
    By Lisa Mcloughlin For Mailonline

Published: 12:09, 17 November 2016 | Updated: 14:51, 17 November 2016

She's swapped the bright lights of Hollywood for Britain's Chester.

And now Dallas icon Linda Gray has admitted she couldn't understand her Hollyoaks cast mates when she first stepped on set.

The 76-year-old actress - who was born and raised in Santa Monica, California - recently joined the Channel 4 soap cast as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown but explained she couldn't understand their Northern accents.

[​IMG]

Lost in translation: Dallas icon Linda Gray has admitted she couldn't understand her Hollyoaks cast mates when she first stepped on set

Appearing on Thursday's Good Morning Britain, she said: 'It was a little hard to understand the very first day.

'I was like, "excuse me, pardon me, could you say that again?" Then I was right there...

'Hollyoaks' have wonderful producers and they invited me over and when I saw some of the episodes, I said, "perfect, sign me up! I have to go in and just shake it up a little."'

The famed star - who became a household name following her stint on CBS drama Dallas playing Sue Ellen Ewing - opened up about her C4 character.

[​IMG]

Hollyoaks bound: The famed star - who became a household name following her stint on CBS drama Dallas playing Sue Ellen Ewing - opened up about her C4 character

She explained: 'She needs heavy duty, massive amounts of therapy, otherwise we love her. She's a charmer!'

Having made her name on the US drama between 1978 and 1989, Linda admitted her late co-star Larry Hagman - who passed away in 2012 and played her husband J. R. Ewing on the long-running show - insisted he would be annoyed that he wasn't 'invited' onto Hollyoaks.

She explained: 'He was my dearest friend for 37 years, consummate actor and we miss him terribly.

'I talked to Patrick [Duffy] the other day, we were all very good friends, they called us the three musketeers and that's how we felt. Larry still is around, I know he is.

[​IMG]

Back in the day: The actress, 76, is best known for her role as Sue Ellen Ewing, the wife of Larry Hagman's infamous character JR Ewing in the 1980s series

[​IMG]

New beginnings: Having made her name on the US drama between 1978 and 1989, Linda admitted her late co-star Larry Hagman - who passed away in 2012 and played her husband J. R. Ewing - with her while she films in the UK

She added: 'He would be very upset that he wasn't invited on Hollyoaks but he's living vicariously through me and loving it. But there were always good times with Larry, he lived a life very well lived and we miss him.'

Linda made her Hollyoaks debut on on Monday's episode when Tabby's daughter Marnie Nightingale, played by Lysette Anthony, calls her at her home across the pond.

Marnie found herself in financial trouble after investing in a property development scam and the only person who can bail her out is mother, Tabby.

However, when Marnie's son, James invites Tabby over to the UK, Marnie pales knowing Tabby will not approve of her getting back with ex-husband, Mac Nightingale.

[​IMG]

We are family: She will first appear in the soap on Monday's episode when Tabby's daughter Marnie Nightingale, played by Lysette Anthony, calls her at her home across the pond

Talking about her Hollyoaks role, Linda said, 'I'm thrilled to be going from one iconic series to another. Hollyoaks viewers are going to love it when Tabby whips up a storm just like Sue Ellen did.'

Hollyoaks executive producer, Bryan Kirkwood said: 'When we came to discuss who could possibly play Marnie's mother the list was very small.

'Lysette Anthony has fast become a fabulous soap b***h so having Linda Gray play her mother, Tabitha is the perfect fit.'

[​IMG]

Reunited: Linda looks glam as her character meets up with family, including granddaughter Ellie Nightingale, played by Sophie Porley

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...t-understand-Hollyoaks-stars-arrived-set.html

• Like Like x 1
  6. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  7. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Linda Gray couldn't understand Hollyoaks co-stars
    • Source: Bang Showbiz
    • Date: 17 November 2016
    [​IMG]

Linda Gray has admitted she struggled to understands her 'Hollyoaks' co-stars' accent when she first arrived on set.

Linda Gray couldn't understand her 'Hollyoaks' co-stars at first.

The 76-year-old actress - who was born and raised Santa Monica, California - has joined the Channel 4 soap as feisty mother Tabitha Maxwell-Brown but, despite fancying the majority of the male cast, she couldn't interpret their Cheshire accent.

Speaking on 'Good Morning Britain' on Thursday (17.11.16), she said: "It was a little hard to understand the very first day. I was like, 'excuse me, pardon me, could you say that again?' Then I was right there ...

"'Hollyoaks' have wonderful producers and they invited me over and when I saw some of the episodes, I said, 'perfect, sign me up! I have to go in and just shake it up a little.'"

The brunette star is best known for playing Sue Ellen Ewing in CBS' 'Dallas' between 1978 and 1989 and has admitted, although she's moved on to other things, she still feels her late co-star Larry Hagman - who died in 2012 - running through her.

She explained: "He was my dearest friend for 37 years, consummate actor and we miss him terribly. I talked to Patrick [Duffy] the other day, we were all very good friends, they called us the three musketeers and that's how we felt. Larry still is around, I know he is. He would be very upset that he wasn't invited on 'Hollyoaks' but he's living vicariously through me and loving it. But there were always good times with Larry, he lived a life very well lived and we miss him."

Linda may be mid-way through the seventh decade of her life but she feels better than ever and is convinced her secret to her youthful looks is her approach to healthy living.

She said: "I feel good. Honestly... people like to say all kinds of things, but I exercise, I eat well, I drink a lot of water and I'm a happy person, I don't know what to tell you. I'm just thrilled to be alive and on the planet and doing what I love to do, I love to act."

https://www.list.co.uk/article/86409-linda-gray-couldnt-understand-hollyoaks-co-stars/

• Like Like x 2
  8. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Hollyoaks spoiler: Linda Gray makes debut as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown in Channel 4 soap as Tony Hutchinson flirts with her

LINDA Gray briefly made her debut on Hollyoaks as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown earlier this week.

By Hayley Minn & Olivia Wheeler
    Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Dallas legend was seen on the Channel 4 soap on a phone call to her daughter Marnie Nightingale – played by Lysette Anthony.

But, tomorrow, Hollyoaks viewers will see Tabitha arrive in Chester in the E4 episode.

Marnie is in desperate need of some cash, having recently fallen foul to Jude Cunningham’s scam.

And she’s enlisted the help of Tony Hutchinson to try and seduce Tabby.

[​IMG]
    Hollyoaks spoiler: Linda Gray makes debut as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown [Channel 4]

When she meets the Hollyoaks original – played by Nick Pritchard – will she be fooled by his and Marnie’s seduction plan?

Later in the week, Harry Thompson wants Tabitha’s grandson James Nightingale to help with his boyfriend Ste Hay’s custody battle against Amy Barnes and Ryan Knight.

He then tells Tabby about his and James’ history.

Meanwhile, the Nightingale’s have arranged a birthday party for Marnie’s husband Mac Nightingale.

But it descends into chaos when Mac and Tabby clash, with Marnie stuck in the middle.

The morning after, Marnie tries to win round Mac who is still furious about last night’s events.

[​IMG]
    Hollyoaks spoiler: Linda Gray is a Dallas legend [Channel 4]

Has Mac driven Tabitha away for good?

And what about the cash that Marnie was hoping to get her hands on?

Linda - who played character Sue Ellen Ewing on Dallas until 1989 - was announced to be joining Hollyoaks earlier this year.

At the time, she said: “I’m thrilled to be going from one iconic series to another and can’t wait to work with the fantastic cast.

[​IMG]
    Hollyoaks spoiler: Linda Gray will descend into Chester as Marnie Nightingale’s mum [Channel 4]

"Hollyoaks’ viewers are going to love it when Tabby whips up a storm just like Sue Ellen did."

Executive producer on the show Bryan Kirkwood added: “When we came to discuss who could possibly play Marnie's mother the list was very small.

"Lysette Anthony has fast become a fabulous soap bitch so having Linda Gray play her mother Tabitha is the perfect fit.

[​IMG]
    Hollyoaks Spoiler: Marnie Nightingale is in desperate need of some cash, having recently fallen foul to Jude Cunningham’s scam [Channel 4]

"We can't wait to have an international TV icon arrive in Chester and become part of the 'Hollyoaks' family.”

Linda Gray’s debut airs on E4 at 7pm on Friday 18th November, with the same episode on Channel 4 at 6.30pm on Monday.

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/hollyoaks/94...ut-as-tabitha-maxwell-brown-in-channel-4-soap

• Like Like x 1
  9. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  11. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Dallas star Linda Gray makes her Hollyoaks debut and fans have already fallen in love with her

Friday, November 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

Dallas star Linda Gray made her Hollyoaks debut as character Tabby Maxwell-Brown after being summoned from LA to Chester by her daughter Marnie Nightingale.

Linda, best known for her role as Sue Ellen Ewing in Dallas, excited fans with her glamourous entrance, and was every bit bold and sassy as they’d hoped.

Lady Kismuil Brodie‏@Kismuil

#WOW #HollyOaks Tabby is very cutting Very clever including her in in the cast. the rating will rise astronomically with #LindaGray on board

----------------------

Lady Kismuil Brodie‏@Kismuil

#Hollyoaks. The delicious #LindaGray is making an entrance. WOW She's gonna be great! Bring on the #fireworks.
    --------------------------

Kelly‏@kellyhead_xo

OMG I AM LOVING TABBY ALREADY, SUCH A QUEEEEEEN
    ------------------------------------------

Marnie invited her mother to The Dog in the hopes she would give them the cash to help alleviate the family from its financial problems – though that’s easier said than done.

While she tried to avoid the inevitable conversation, Marnie could not escape the grilling from her mother, who demanded why she chose to reconcile with cheating ex-husband Mac.

[​IMG]
    (E4/Screenshot)
    Tabby’s entrance may have been short and sweet, but judging by past performances, we’re in for a treat – it is Linda Gray after all.

Irene‏@iluvglitter

#LindaGray #Hollyoaks Sue Ellen living above a bar can only spell trouble
    ------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Lansana‏@tvgenius05 3h
    @linda_gray had such a great debut tonight. Can't wait to see more, Sue Ellen's always been a fav of mine & I already love Tabby

------------------------

http://www.westernpeople.ie/2016/11...nd-fans-have-already-fallen-in-love-with-her/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    Some Facebook comments about tonight's E4 episode:

"How can Linda grey play the part of Marnie's mother when they look the same age lol"

"I am beyond excited for this! Hope they can persuade her to come back again and again!"

"I'm loving her!!! I was worried about how she'd fit in but she's brilliant!!"

"She's great. Love her. Loved her comment to Tony earlier. Harsh!"

"I'm pleased she's in hollyoaks hope she's a regular member"

"She looks Stunning"

"a reason to watch hollyoaks"

"Yes love Sue Ellen"

"Surley marnie and her mother are like the same age?? Could if found someone older!!"

"Seriously Marnie looks older than her mother"

"She looks younger than marnie"

"Lookin' swell "Sue Ellen" "

"The best put down ever! Poor Tony!"

"They look the same bloody age!"

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  14. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  15. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    "Yee-ha!
    Dallas legend Linda Gray makes her Hollyoaks debut as Marnie’s mum Tabby and ruffles more than a few feathers
    ...including Tony's. But a toy boy isn't quite what she's after"

BY BEN BETTERIDGE
    19th November 2016, 12:02 am

There’s chaos at The Dog when Marnie’s mother Tabby (Dallas legend Linda Gray) arrives.

Having ‘borrowed’ £60,000 from the pub to invest in Jude’s property scam, Marnie is hoping her mother will give her the cash before anyone notices something’s amiss.

[​IMG]
    C4
    Linda Gray’s character Tabby has to deal with a flirty Tony
    However, Tabby has another reason for visiting – she wants to put an end to Marnie’s recent reconciliation with her hated ex-son-in-law Mac.

Still, Marnie pushes on with her plan to get her mum’s money and, hoping to catch Tabby in a generous mood, she enlists the help of Tony, who agrees to flirt with the newbie.

Tabby’s flattered by the attention of a toy boy, but she’s more interested in hearing about her grandchildren. And there’s lots to catch up on, as Tabby learns about James’ dealings with Harry and Nathan’s strained relationship with Lisa.

[​IMG]
    C4
    But she’s more interested in hearing about her grandchildren
    [​IMG]
    C4
    Tabby has another reason for visiting – she wants to put an end to Marnie’s recent reconciliation with her hated ex-son-in-law Mac
    Later that evening, the Nightingales hold a party to celebrate Mac’s birthday – but it’s not long before Tabby is laying into him, leaving Marnie caught in the middle.

As the event descends into chaos, Lisa once again makes her presence felt in The Dog and upsets Amy by calling her boring.

When the young mum storms out, her fiancé Ryan is forced to spend the rest of
    the bash with Freddie and Lisa.

The next morning, Marnie tries to make things up to Mac, but he’s still furious about Tabby’s antics.

And they might not be the only couple damaged by what happened the previous evening, as Lisa confides in Cleo that she’s slept with someone other than Nathan – who is the mystery man?

[​IMG]
    C4

Ellie feels awkward when Tabby annoys Mac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2207459/dallas-linda-gray-hollyoaks/

• Like Like x 1
  16. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  17. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,080
    I love her so much :) thrilled to be able to see her on tv again and lighting up the screen :) can't wait. Such a wonderful person who makes an impact wherever she goes. :danc:

• Like Like x 1
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
  19. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,275
    ‘YOU RANCID DOG’
    Hollyoaks’ Linda Gray opens up about her character’s explosive fight scene with co-star David Easter after returning to the soap full time

AFTER signing up to the Channel 4 soap full time, Hollyoaks bosses have a lot in store for Linda

BY ELLIE HENMAN, SHOWBIZ REPORTER
    13th January 2017, 1:57 pm

LINDA Gray has opened up about a forthcoming Hollyoaks storyline that will see her attack co-star David Easter.

The Sun Online revealed on Wednesday how Dallas legend had been signed up to the Channel 4 soap permanently after wowing bosses with her performance during a one off appearance in November.

[​IMG]
    Linda Gray has opened up about her upcoming Hollyoaks storyline

And 76-year-old Linda is certain her upcoming scenes, as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown, in the show won’t disappoint.

Speaking to Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford on This Morning, she said: “I had to say very bad things to very lovely people!

“I said to David Easter, ‘You rancid dog!’ and I’ve never called anyone a rancid dog in real life.

“I thought it was very good. I was punching him in the chest, it was very dramatic.”

Dallas actress Linda Gray opens up about returning to TV with role in Hollyoaks
    When asked about her spectacular return, Linda said: “When I heard about I loved her name, and I said, ‘Wait a minute! She’s dysfunctional in a very dysfunctional family and I thought, ‘I’ll take it of course!’”

In December, The Sun revealed that producers were keen to sign the soap legend up after she was praised for her short stint on the show.

[​IMG]
    Linda loves being a part of the Channel 4 soap

Linda, 76, made her first appearance as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown on November 15, and starred for a week before departing on November 22.

But her performance as character Marnie Nightingale’s American-based mother quickly impressed show boss Bryan Kirkwood, who is keen to make her a long-term fixture on the show.

The new deal will see her jet back and forth from the US to film scenes.

[​IMG]
    Linda as Tabby with her on-screen daughter, Marnie, played by Lysette Anthony

An insider said: “Linda originally came in on a very short term arrangement, because Bryan was a huge fan, but proved a big hit.

“After a few conversations behind the scenes, show bosses decided to offer her a new deal to keep coming back.

[​IMG]
    Linda and David Easter have an on-screen fight

“She lives in America but was happy to accept and will be spending several periods in the UK filming her role in blocks.

“The rest of the cast are very excited to have her back too – she’s a genuine soap legend.”

Linda wasn't just excited about taking on the juicy role of Tabby, admitting the hot men on the show helped draw her in.

Linda explained: “All the men on Hollyoaks are just yummy. They’re delicious. It was like going to an art gallery.

VIDEO at this link:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...easter-after-returning-to-the-soap-full-time/

20. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +746
    I still can't believe Linda starred in Hollyoaks. Of all the British shows she could have worked on...o_O