1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coronation Street Mary's got a spoiler ?

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936
    Corrie's Mary Taylor sets out to find her long lost family... but are these VERY hunky twins her sons?

She's determined to be reunited with her long lost son after a lengthy and heartbreaking search.

And in new Coronation Street scenes, Mary Taylor - played by Patti Clare - is set to be disheartened after coming one step closer to finding her offspring.

Finally thinking she's found the son she left behind years ago, the competition lover is shocked to learn that he is actually a twin - thus disproving her theory.

[​IMG]

The Corrie favourite is seen rounding up her close pals Norris Cole, Dev Alahan and Erica Holroyd to go door-to-door in a desperate attempt to find her son.

Wrapped up warm in bulky coats, the friends set out during nightfall in the dedicated bid to reunite the family.

And finally coming to the door of a very handsome young chap, Mary is convinced she's found her son and is spotted perched on the doorstep looking excited alongside Norris.

However, pictures have also emerged of Mary and the young man being joined by his twin, which ultimately disproves her theory - as she gave birth to only one child.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936
    Hey Jude.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Medals:
    Is it just me or does anybody else find this storyline completely implausible?

Also, isn't it just a rehash of when Hayley found out that she had along lost son.

Interesting that the writers have always chosen to team Mary up with Rita, Emily and Norris who are all in their seventies and eighties when Pattie Clare who plays Mary is a mere forty years of age in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936
    I really like the story. I've always wondered if she had given birth. I can't remember how or why, but there was something a long time ago that made me think this.

I highly doubt this was every originally planned, but I get a feeling this was going to happen at some point.

Yes, there's certainly an element of truth in this, but many stories that happen can turn out to be a rehash of an old story.

I think this is more down who Mary is, we rarely see her interacting with anyone her own age and to be more a curate, we rarely come across someone like Mary who appears to struggle with society in general.

5. Adamski

Adamski Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +35
    So who are those twins?!

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936

I think they are part of the 'search' story. She will think she's found her son, only to see a twin appear and she's right back at the beginning of her search.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,507
    Medals:
    oh i thought she was in her 50s - eek

I thought Norris was wonderful last night
    Im just getting a bit fed up with Corrie and their obsession about 14 year olds having babies

been, seen, done and bought the T shirt so many times over on that score. Its boring and not very realistic
    Somehow it doesnt ring true for me with Marys character but hey ho! What do i know lol

I would just love to meet her mother and wonder what battle axe they could bring in to play her

• Like Like x 1
  8. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Medals:
    I too would've had her down for late 40s to early 50s.

I like it that Mary has always been written as somebody with very little real life experience and, for that reason, feel this new storyline doesn't ring true.

Agree that it would be great if the writers could introduce her battleaxe of a mother into the show.

9. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936
    Had it been another character I might have been thinking like you, but with Mary, I've always been fascinated by her character and I can believe this story more than most of the other characters.

There's also an element where she may have blocked it from her memory over the years because of how much it affected her at the time.

I also agree that we need to see her mother at some point.

10. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +91

I too find this story unbelievable.

11. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    A farcical storyline. Has shown no indication of this for years and years and now, all of a sudden, is obsessed by it. Embarrassing.

12. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,936
    I shall just enjoy this one on my own then. :popcorn:

13. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,920
    Medals:
    Body doubles. It's like Twin Stranger on Channel 4 :)