1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marj Dusay dies....

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by TJames03, Jan 30, 2020.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +955
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jason73

Jason73 Admin EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    I first became aware of her when she took over the role of Pamela Capwell on Santa Barbara. I loved how delightfully scheming she was and she made the Pamela character a million times more interesting when she assumed the role. I enjoyed the actress as Vanessa on All My Children and Dusay was one of the reasons I decided to watch Guiding Light for a while. She really excelled at playing the manipulative, domineering, overbearing, matriarch.

She was a terrific actress.

She was also great at playing crazy . . .

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +955
    I remember when she took over the role as Vivian on DOOL for awhile. She did a very good job. The one thing I didn’t like about her role on AMC was that Vanessa’s body was never found and there was no closure....

4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,941
    Until I read one of the articles on her passing, I had not realized how other than Vanessa on AMC, every one of her notable performances in daytime was the result of a recast. I recall her slipping into the role of Myrna Clegg on Capitol (though, unlike what was stated in the article, she did not directly take over the role from Carolyn Jones--I recall Marla Adams of Y&R being the immediate recast) and of course she also did a great job taking over Alexandra on Guiding Light when Beverlee McKinsey gave the proverbial finger to Jill Farren Phelps and walked out. In both cases, the recast was not "expected" so her being able to walk in and take over without missing a beat was admirable.

And of course I liked her as Blair's mother Monica on The Facts of Life. Having Marj Dusay play your mother and Nicolas Coster play your father made Blair a non-soap child with one of the best soap pedigrees in town!

5. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,251
    She was also Pamela on Santa Barbara, but I think she was not a recast there.

6. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,941
    Yes, she was, though Shirley Ann Field (who originated the role) was not there long enough to make an impression.

• Informative Informative x 1