Maggie a C.E.O!

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Maggie was always her own woman and certainly no pushover. Probably the nearest we seen Maggie as a powerhouse was at the start of season 8, when she was at the helm of Channing Enterprises giving Angela a run for her money (as FC CEO and Del Oro CEO). Sure Mrs. Gioberti Channing had her writings in the early eighties; New Globe editor for a while, her novel in the mid eighties, taking control of Chase’s business but it wasn’t until season 8 commenced that we saw her as a businesswoman in her own right. A force to be reckoned with, if you like. The Tuscany Herald was also bought over by Maggie, during 1988 – ‘89. IMHO it was good to see.

Garth and Richard’s other employee Lawrence Mishima are meeting with Maggie, at the New Globe office. She is now in control of her husband’s holdings, since he is in incognito but as far as Maggie and Angela are concerned Richard died and was buried, (a scene from season 8, 1988 – ‘89):

Maggie: “I want both of you to know that I am the one who is running Channing Enterprises in fact as well as name. Anything I don’t know I intend to learn it. I will come to you for advice first. However there will be no decisions made regarding Channing Enterprises, unless through me. Do you understand that gentlemen?”

Lawrence: “But Mrs. Channing how can it be otherwise? Garth has assured me you have known and approved everything we’ve done.”

Maggie: “Well in the future unless you hear it from me you haven’t heard it.”

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Maggie as a more business focused character would have been interesting but Angela would always have won the battle. She very rarely lost did she? I did like what happened for Maggie when season 8 started but then soon it was turmoil again for her. All that business with Richard. So sad!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,635
    I'd like Angela to leave the running of Falcon Crest to Maggie for a few weeks early in S9 while Angela is away -- upsetting Lance greatly -- before Maggie greatly drowns.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +414
    Angela must have gone a bit do laee early in season 9 thinking Emma could have run the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +402
    Just thank Anderson, Thorpe and Surnow for that bright idea. Look how that turned out.

• Like Like x 1