MAGA Thugs Attack 'Empire' Star

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Gabriel Maxwell, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,870
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    :eck: :eck:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Yes, this case has always sounded odd. Hopefully, Jussie isn't this thirsty...

4. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    It's just not lookin' good …..

6. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +796
    Medals:
    At the very least, it shows why people should wait until all the facts are in before they let their outrage show. Just like the incident between the MAGA teen and the Native American.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Yes, once the additional video emerged, the drum beating native American elder "who came in peace" turned out be a posing, lying slimeball, while the white kid in the MAGA hat did nothing at all. And when Jamie Lee Curtis, who had originally criticized the boy based on the earliest image (as had I) then realized the situation was completely different than it had initially seemed, and tweeted a mea culpa in the boy's defense, Curtis was descended on by the PC-police who tried to shut her up, telling her she "was right the first time" because they didn't want the narrative to change from Evil White MAGA Hat Teen Should be Slapped.

Like wise, I really don't want Jussie to turn out to be another Tawanna Brawley. But.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +796
    Medals:
    I like people who can admit their mistakes and have a conscience guided by facts rather than a pre-conceived narrative. I too believed the initial story based on how it looked.

Back in 2008, I posted an article based purely on conjecture regarding a derogatory word Sarah Palin allegedly said about Barack Obama. Looking back, it was the wrong thing to do. When you have legitimate grievances and biases against certain people, it's easy to believe everything negative said about them. But that can be exploited, so one has to be careful.

Of course. Nobody wants to believe someone would make up something so horrific. False accusations also make it difficult for actual victims to be believed and taken seriously.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Bingo. Just like false rape accusations -- which, sadly, go on all the time -- only hurt real rape victims.

So feminists have made the argument (after claiming that false allegations almost never happen, i.e, "believe women") that women who are caught lying about rape shouldn't be prosecuted for making false charges because that might disincline real rape victims from coming forward. And now they're simply trying to prevent men from presenting evidence of their own innocence to help 'streamline' the legal process. (Somewhere in Australia they've reportedly passed a law that if a man is accused of paternity, then he's breaking the law if he goes to get a DNA test --- so they're trying to make a woman's right to lie the word of law).

In Canada, they've been trying to pass laws that using the wrong gender pronoun from what a trans person feels like that day can result in your arrest. And college campuses are now roughly two-thirds girls and women, and everyone thinks that's just great.

I'll never be a conservative because I'm too well aware of their scam, but there is something wrong with the left today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Uh oh -- the two arrested Nigerian brothers who left the country the day of the attack have not been charged -- but they told police that Jussie paid them to participate.

Somebody's on self-destruct.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
  13. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
  14. Gabriel Maxwell

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,870
    We'd had no prior knowledge of Jussie's character to suspect his account (as unlikely as it may have been) and people of color and gay people are being assaulted on a daily basis for no other reason than the color of their skin and/or their sexual orientation. Likewise -- concerning the political angle -- most racists and homophobes are the kind of scum who would find Donald Trump's toxic rhetoric more appealing then other political alternatives. So, I have no regrets initially believing Jussie (though at one point I started to suspect he was trying to cover up a drug deal or a late-night hook-up gone wrong). Having said that...

As with people who file fake rape reports thus irreparably hurting numerous legitimate victims of sexual assault, if the police have evidence Jussie fabricated this story, thus empowering the rabid MAGA ilk when they shout 'fake news' (I still struggle to understand what he was standing to gain from it, unless he has some serious mental issues and craved attention), he should be prosecuted at full extent of the law and of course instantly fired from 'Empire' (though that would not bode well for the show, which appeared to be losing another Lyon son prior to the winter break).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +796
    Medals:
    Fair point. I wasn't always such a staunch skeptic/cynic, but I've found that even "normal" people with no reason to lie often do so anyway. It's pretty much why I question everything.

Absolutely, 100% yes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +796
    Medals:
    Social media is rampant with supporters of these draconian laws, while simultaneously preaching equality.

The pronoun thing is bizarre and confusing. I've heard that using the wrong pronoun can also get you kicked off of Twitter.

Yes. It's like the right and left have become white nationalists vs. SJWs.

17. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,502
    Medals:
    What is MAGA short for?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gabriel Maxwell

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,870
    I wish I were you and could ask that question innocently, too. :(

It's acronym for Making America Great Again, Donald Trump's 2016 election campaign slogan which has since become a rallying cry for his fanatical supporters and can often be seen on the red hats they wear or at the end of semi-literate racist comments they post online.

It will have a special place in history books - that's for sure, just not how they perceive it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Medals:
    Jussie Smollett Allegedly Paid ‘Empire’ Extras To Stage Attack, Cops Say

Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett allegedly paid two brothers $3,500 to stage an assault against him, going so far as to rehearse the attack with them, police sources told CBS Chicago.

Smollett has claimed that two men looped a rope around his neck and hurled racist and homophobic slurs at him on Jan. 29. “They called me a f-----t, they called me a n----r,” Smollett said a "Good Morning America" interview on Feb. 14. “There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae.”

Questions about the veracity of Smollett’s account have been growing in recent days, however. Sources told the news station that at least one of the brothers bought the rope at Smollett’s request. Smollett also paid for the rope at Crafty Beaver Hardware Store, located in the Ravenswood neighborhood, the weekend prior to the incident, sources reportedly claimed.

The brothers, who appeared as extras on "Empire," were allegedly paid $3,500 to participate in the attack, and then promised they would receive an additional $500 after returning from a trip to Nigeria, the sources claimed. They traveled to Africa shortly after the attack, per the report.

The brothers, who were arrested on suspicion of their role in the alleged attack earlier this week, after they came back from Nigeria, were released Friday.

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement “We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the 'Empire' case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We’ve reached out to the 'Empire' cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

Smollet’s lawyers have said that he felt “victimized” by reports suggesting that the attack was staged.

Smollett’s attorneys, Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, released a statement Saturday about the latest allegations.“ As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying. One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity."

Authorities’ recent skepticism of Smollet’s account marks a dramatic shift from their prior position, in which they disputed reports that the attack was a hoax.

[​IMG]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ge-attack-cops-say/ar-BBTHIhb?ocid=spartanntp

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,684
    Medals:
    Well, I guess this solves the storyline about "who's in the casket".

This is beyond fucked up.

• Agree Agree x 1