Love Letters

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Sarah, May 30, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    This idea came to me a few days ago and it's what I imagined might have happened had Linda stayed in the series and had the writers not been well, so bloody stupid.

The title is a little tribute to my heroes - Linda Gray and Larry Hagman, as they starred in a stage production of the show in the early 90's.

The story set in early 1990 and some months have passed since Sue Ellen left Dallas to live in England with Don. Sue Ellen has told JR previously that she will never show the movie she made about him, and sent him a copy of a signed contract to assure him that the movie will never be broadcast.

I realise email wasn't really prevalent then but suspend your disbelief if you can. Hope you enjoy.

Sue Ellen Ewing had left Dallas in May of 1989. It was the single hardest decision she had ever had to make. Her entire life for the past 20 plus years had centred around her husband, JR Ewing and the Ewing family. Now here she was, having uprooted her life and moved half way across the world to start over with a new man, a new career and a whole new world.

She'd been settled in London for the best part of 6 months and quite happily so. Although Don had talked about marriage, she wasn't ready for that step yet, having made such a massive step across the Atlantic to be with him. For now she was happy with their living arrangements and was enjoying her new career as a leading executive at the Versace branch in London.

She had just logged on to her computer as she always did in the morning, while enjoying the foggy London skyline from her 12th floor office. Sipping her coffee, she heard a 'ping', alerting her to the fact she had a new email. Her heart skipped several beats as she hovered the mouse above the sender's name, clicked on it, and began to read....

Dear Sue Ellen

I've been wanting to get in touch with you for a long time now but kept finding ways to put it off. I stumbled upon your email address online and decided to go ahead and write this, in the hope you will receive it (and read it).

There's so much I want to say to you but the first is to say that I don't blame you at all for the actions you took against me when you left. You had every right to make the movie and more but I do thank you for deciding not to screen it. I think you know it would hurt more than just me.

Watching you walk out of the movie theater that day was the worst day of my life. I know you probably don't believe that, but I need to say it anyway. I can't explain why I watched you go and why I didn't try to stop you. I guess I never truly believed that you would leave me for good, regardless of what had happened between us. Realising that day that you were moving so far away was something I thought would never happen. I allowed my anger at what had happened with WestStar and the movie to take over and prevent me from doing what I should have done - stop you from leaving.

The biggest mistake I have ever made was compromising our marriage for WestStar and deceiving you to the extent that I did. I knew it was wrong at the time, but didn't expect things to go so drastically bad that you would end up leaving me forever.

I know you are now living a new life, with a new man and I do wish you every happiness but I had to write you to let you know how sorry I am and how much I love you to this day. There was never any other woman for me, despite what you might believe.

I am truly sorry for letting you down, so many times, and I do hope in time you will find it in your heart to forgive me. I was the luckiest man in the world to have you as my wife, and I will forever regret not realising it until it was too late.

My heart will always belong to you,

JR

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Excellent!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +583
    Ooh, will there be more @Sarah? I like the direction this is headed:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +670
    :gp:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    Dear JR

I can't lie and say it wasn't a surprise to hear from you. Thank you for getting in touch.

The things that you have said in your email aren't things I ever expected to hear and I know it must have taken a lot for you to say them. I only wish that you had said them while we were still married. If you had, I think we would probably still be together now. They are the words I always wanted to hear.

I don't mind telling you that the last time we reconciled were the happiest days of my life. I really thought that we were on track to be together for the rest of our lives. Although I know I hid it very well, I was totally devastated by your actions over WestStar and heartbroken that you went to such lengths to get me to leave you. I struggled for a long time with not knowing what I had done to deserve that. I had worked so hard to impress you with taking over Valentines and to make sure you knew I wanted to be with you and when you chose WestStar over me, I was lost. All I knew for sure was that I had to hit back and then get away from you.

It means a lot to me that you have acknowledged the pain you caused me and in turn I will acknowledge that interfering with your company business and making the movie wasn't the best way to exact my 'revenge' on you. I should have walked away the second I found out about the WestStar takeover. Still hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I honestly don't know how I would have reacted had you tried to stop me in the movie theater that day, but knowing that you would also do things differently does mean a lot.

London is a wonderful city to live and work in. It's full of culture, exciting places to visit and of course, lots of stores to shop in! I love my job and coincidentally, have just received the Fall catalogue and it features a new Stetson line, so I'm looking through it so I can approve it for sales. I admit it will be strange for me to look at all these fine hats and not think of you. I'm not sure London is ready for Texas-style yet...

I do miss Texas, the heat, the slower pace of life and of course I miss John Ross more than anything. I do hope he will be ready for another visit soon. He seemed to enjoy it the last time, although it was all too short. Maybe plant the seed for him?

Give my love to the family and Cally and I hope things are going well for you both in business and in general.

Just in closing I want to add that I was always very proud to be your wife despite everything and that all I ever tried to do was make you happy. Whether the rest of the world could see it or not, I do believe you have a side to you that is capable of love and being loved and even without John Ross, I am still glad I was your wife for so many years. I hope you know that I loved you more than anything else in the world.

I hope one day we can see each other again. There will always be a part of me that has stayed with you.

Sue Ellen x

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +583
    Aww yes, this is so cute!:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    Is it ok? I don’t like mushiness and I’m trying to write how I feel they would have communicated with each other then.