Hollyoaks Linda Gray has signed a new contract to return to Hollyoaks on a more permanent basis

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome for Christmas, Dec 14, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    Medals:
    After Nathan’s death ‘Tabby becomes finally a mother to Marnie,’ says Hollyoaks’ Lysette Anthony
    0shares
    Marnie is reunited with her mother, Tabby, as the Nightingales gather to bury Nathan in Hollyoaks. But no one can save Marnie from herself…

[​IMG]

It’s Nathan Nightingale’s funeral, a day that his mum, Marnie, never dreamed she’d have to live through. Marnie’s mum Tabitha (Tabby) Maxwell-Brown, played by American star Linda Gray, flies in to support the family. But nothing and nobody can help Marnie.

“This is the worst thing that’s ever happened to her,” Lysette Anthony tells Soaplife.

What’s it been like filming such a dark storyline?
    “It’s been really emotional. I’ve spent weeks crying at work for eight hours a day and I look shocking. When we were filming the funeral, our designer said to me, ‘Darling, you look marvellous from the neck down’!”

How did you generate such emotional intensity?
    “I have a son of my own, but I never imagine anything happening to him… I can’t. I’ve gone through enough in my lifetime to be able to open some old doors and experience fresh memories of the pain.”

What does Tabby’s presence mean for Marnie?
    “Marnie and Tabby are past all the old psychological warfare now. There comes a moment where Tabby’s finally being a mother. Marnie literally falls down a rabbit hole and viewers will understand how she left her kids in the first place and the history of her depression.”

Will she find out about Mac’s affair with Lisa?
    “It’s inevitable she’ll find out at some point. All I can say is, if and when that happens, Marnie will rocket into another stratosphere and there’ll be a lot of lipstick and very expensive clothes.”

Does she suspect anything?
    “She knows Mac [David Easter] is up to something. When she saw the camper van, she thought, ‘Here we go again’. Marnie’s put up with his women and turned a blind eye, but she won’t be able to do that if she finds out about Lisa [Rachel Adedeji]. The revenge will be quite delicious, as you can imagine.”

Isn’t Marnie as bad as Mac, though?
    “On paper, yes, because she slept with her daughter’s boyfriend. But the whole Freddie Roscoe [Charlie Clapham] thing was only a one-night stand. Mac’s been quite territorial and predatory with Lisa and, whatever you think about her, Marnie is quite vulnerable.”

Does she regret faking that brain tumour now?
    “Yes. That was a bit of Marnie naughtiness that went too far, a spur-of-the-moment thing that went terribly wrong.”

Where does Marnie go from here?
    “For a start, she’ll go back to wearing make-up, which I’m relieved about as I was looking so frightful. It’s a case of son James and Marnie being back worse – or better – than ever. Greg [Finnegan, who plays James] and I have the same terrible sense of humour, so it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Hollyoaks, Channel 4

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/hollyoaks/hollyoaks-news/nathan-death-tabby-marnie-hollyoaks-453234/

2. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    Medals:
    Hollyoaks heartbreak for Alfie Nightingale as he's urged to stop talking to his dead girlfriend Jade
    Will he listen to Cleo's tough words?

[​IMG]

By Daniel Kilkelly
    21 February 2017

Jade Albright's ghostly Hollyoaks storyline comes to a head next week as Alfie Nightingale is urged to face facts over her death.

Jade passed away in October last year as she tragically lost her cancer fight, but she's still appeared on our screens on and off since then as Alfie (Richard Linnell) has imagined that she's still around.

Although Alfie knows deep down that it's not real, he's found it comforting to talk to Jade (Kassius Nelson) when he needs her - but it appears that not everyone agrees with his methods of coping.

[​IMG]

Next week's Hollyoaks episodes see Cleo McQueen accuse Alfie of not facing up to reality when he tells her about how he's been speaking to Jade since her death.

This leaves Alfie with food for thought, but when caring Tabby Maxwell-Brown (Linda Gray) later catches up with her grandson, she assures him that he's not losing his mind and she talks to his grandfather all the time.

The pair bond further outside the family restaurant when Tabby reluctantly tries fish and chips for Alfie's benefit, but will their heart-to-heart have any impact on Alfie? Will he continue to speak to Jade, or is it time to let her go?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood spoke exclusively to Digital Spy last year about the show's decision to keep Jade on screen even after her death.

Speaking at the time, he revealed: "I think the Jade and Alfie plot has been one of our most successful stories ever.

"We decided to keep her around for two reasons. One because we felt it was particularly traumatic for our younger audience to say goodbye to somebody they've loved so much. Jade has been one of our purest, most delightful and most innocent characters.

"The second reason was because that story always had a slight fantasy element running from beginning to end, so we wanted to connect that to Alfie - a young lad who can't cope with his grief and isn't ready to let go yet.

"He's one of the most beautifully-drawn dreamers we've had. We wanted to keep hold of Kassius for a bit longer and just see that Alfie is not ready to say goodbye to Jade."

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Tuesday, February 28 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...ie-nightingale-heartbreak-over-jade-albright/

3. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    Medals:
    FAMILY TOGETHER FOR NATHAN SEND-OFF
    Hollyoaks spoilers: Tabby Maxwell-Brown returns for grandson Nathan Nightingale’s funeral while Marnie Nightingale is in meltdown
    Glam gran Tabby makes a comeback to Chester after Nathan's tragic fall to support her daughter Marnie as she struggles to cope with the loss

Spoiler
    By REBECCA PINNINGTON
    21st February 2017, 12:00 am

MARNIE’S mum Tabby Maxwell-Brown is set to return to Hollyoaks this week for grandson Nathan Nightingale’s funeral.

The glamorous grandmother, played by Dallas legend Linda Gray, arrives to support her family after Nathan’s tragic death when he fell out of a top-floor window during his engagement party.

[​IMG]
    Tabby Maxwell-Brown returns to Hollyoaks this week for Nathan Nightingale’s funeral
    [​IMG]
    Marnie Nightingale has been in meltdown since her son died and will need her mother’s support
    The support is much needed, as Marnie Nightingale is in meltdown after watching her son pass away.

Last week there were dramatic scenes when she took a hammer to the new window that was due to be fitted where Nathan fell backwards out of the bedroom.

She also could not look at or talk to Louis and Simone Loveday when they visited with food, to check the family were coping. And she looked less than her usual perfectly groomed self.

[​IMG]
    Marnie was struggling to hold it together last week
    [​IMG]
    The grieving mum is in a rough state this week as she attends her son’s funeral
    [​IMG]
    The whole Nightingale family turns out to say goodbye to Nathan
    [​IMG]
    Sister Ellie will make a speech at the service
    [​IMG]
    The family are grieving after Nathan’s life was tragically cut short
    Meanwhile, Alfie confesses to Cleo McQueen that he still talks to former girlfriend Jade Albright, who died of cancer last year.

Cleo accuses him of holding on to the past and not facing up to the reality that Jade is gone.

Tabby finds Alfie sitting on the City Wall, confused about what Cleo has said. She reassures him that talking to departed loved ones is normal, and he’s not losing his mind – she still often talks to his granddad.

[​IMG]
    Alfie Nightingale is confused when Cleo McQueen tells him he shouldn’t be talking to dead girlfriend Jade Albright
    [​IMG]
    Tabby tells him he’s not going mad as she talks to his granddad all the time
    [​IMG]
    The pair share fish and chips to try and cheer Alfie up
    Shock death in Hollyoaks as the Nightingales mourn
    Nathan Nightingale died after walking in on his dad Mac kissing his new fiancée Lisa Loveday, and realising the pair had been having an affair.

Nathan and Mac had a short tussle, and Nathan staggered backwards and took the fatal fall.

His funeral will see his family and fiancée Lisa come together to grieve. But pictures show Lisa dressed in pink and white casual clothes for the funeral, sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the black and muted tones of the other mourners.

[​IMG]
    Nathan's fiancée Lisa Loveday and parents Louis and Simone will also be at the funeral
    [​IMG]
    Lisa isn't wearing the traditional black for the service
    [​IMG]
    Lisa has been considering whether she will tell Nathan's family the truth about her affair with Mac Nightingale

• Hollyoaks airs weeknights on Channel 4 at 6.30pm with a first look episode following at 7pm on E4

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...eral-while-marnie-nightingale-is-in-meltdown/

4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    Medals:
  5. Adamski

Adamski Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31