Hollyoaks Linda Gray has signed a new contract to return to Hollyoaks on a more permanent basis

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome for Christmas, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,321
    Dallas star Linda Gray has signed a new deal to return to Hollyoaks more permanently, following a successful guest appearance last month.

[​IMG]

The iconic actress took on the role of Marnie Nightingale's mum, Tabitha Maxwell-Brown, for a couple of episodes in November, but is now set to rejoin the Channel 4 soap early in the New Year, according to The Sun.

But despite signing on the dotted line, Tabby will still only be returning on a semi-regular basis as previously teased by the show's executive producer Bryan Kirkwood back in the autumn.

When speaking about the long-term plans for Tabby previously, Bryan said: "It's looking that way [for her to stay permanently]. I wouldn't say regular, but semi-regular.

"The conversations are continuing and she feels like a really natural member of the Nightingale family."

He continued: "If you look at the linear between her, Marnie and Ellie - all three of them are all stunning women and I believe in it. I believe she is part of that family.

"Linda was absolutely fantastic and everything you'd want. Quiet, dignified, gentle and sweet. She was absolutely no fuss and a wonderful, wonderful person to have around."

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Medals:
    Delighted that her appearance was so successful and that she enjoyed it so much :) Yay for me too that this is UK TV and I get to see her more :)

3. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
  5. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    She's back! Hollyoaks star Lysette Anthony reveals the first pictures of Dallas legend Linda Gray's return
    Yay!

[​IMG]

By Sophie Dainty
    10 January 2017

Dallas star Linda Gray is officially back filming with Hollyoaks ahead of her exciting return as Tabby Maxwell-Brown .

The actress is reprising her role as Marnie Nightingale's mum after signing a new contract to play her on a more regular basis – and we revealed last week that she would be back on set very soon.

Sure enough, Linda has indeed returned to filming this week as confirmed in an Instagram post from Lysette Anthony, who plays her daughter Marnie, meaning she will be hitting our screens in a few weeks time.

"She's back.. Marnie is in desperate straits but here comes Mom..we love our @lindagray_ @hollyoaksofficial", Lysette wrote, alongside a selfie of her and Linda.

While a later picture of the pair was captioned: "What a day...".

Linda, who is best known for playing Sue Ellen Ewing in iconic US soap Dallas, appeared as Tabby for a handful of episodes in November in a storyline that saw her fly in from Los Angeles to reunite her family in the Chester village.

Although Tabby's stay was only short, it was later confirmed that Linda had landed a new contract which will see her pop in and out of the show for more stints.

Speaking at a press event late last year, Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood said: "She feels like a really natural member of the Nightingale family.

"If you look at the linear between her, Marnie and Ellie – all three of them are all stunning women and I believe in it. I believe she is part of that family.

[​IMG]
    "Linda was absolutely fantastic and everything you'd want. Quiet, dignified, gentle and sweet. She was absolutely no fuss and a wonderful, wonderful person to have around."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first-look screenings at 7pm on E4.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...-linda-gray-back-filming-tabby-maxwell-brown/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  6. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    It's a far cry from Sue Ellen! Dallas star Linda Gray swaps Hollywood for chilly Merseyside as she films Hollyoaks scenes in two coats
    By
    Ellie Genower For Mailonline

Published: 12:51, 11 January 2017 | Updated: 13:03, 11 January 2017

She recently surprised soap fans by taking on a role in teen soap Hollyoaks, making a brief first appearance as glamorous matriarch Tabitha Maxwell-Brown in November.

And now, Dallas star Linda Gray has been filming scenes in chilly Merseyside after jetting in from her Los Angeles home.

The 76-year-old actress appeared to be taking the wintry January temperatures rather badly as she was spotted bundled up in two coats.

[​IMG]

Bundled up: Linda Gray was spotted filming Hollyoaks scenes in Merseyside on Tuesday

Dressed in a padded grey coat over another chic black jacket and black suit, the star, who played troubled Sue Ellen in the 1980s soap, kept her feet warm in light brown Ugg style boots.
    The glamorous eighties star was spotted carrying a plate wrapped in tin foil while filming scenes outside a church in Rainhill, Merseyside.

She joined fellow Hollyoaks stars Sophie Porley who plays her on-screen granddaughter Ellie Nightingale and Lysette Anthony who stars as her daughter Marnie.

[​IMG]

Chilly debut: The 76-year-old star was well wrapped up in a padded grey jacket, tights and UGG style boots

[​IMG]

Different role: Linda said she hoped her character would 'shake things up' a bit in the soap

Linda made her Hollyoaks debut back in November when Tabby's daughter Marnie called her at her home across the pond.

Marnie found herself in financial trouble after investing in a property development scam and the only person who could bail her out was her mother.

However, when Marnie's son James invited Tabby over to the UK, Marnie worried at her reaction to learning she had got back with ex-husband, Mac Nightingale.

[​IMG]

Screen granddaughter: Sophie Porley (Ellie Nightingale)was among the stars filming with Linda in Merseyside

[​IMG]

Glammed up: Lysette Anthony, who plays Marnie Nightingale, also joined the shoot

[​IMG]

Purple patch: Ellie sported a long padded jacket over slim-fitting black jeans

[​IMG]

Making an impression: The Nightingale family made their debut back in 2015

Talking about her Hollyoaks role, Linda said, 'I'm thrilled to be going from one iconic series to another. Hollyoaks viewers are going to love it when Tabby whips up a storm just like Sue Ellen did.

'Hollyoaks have wonderful producers and they invited me over and when I saw some of the episodes, I said, "perfect, sign me up!" I have to go in and just shake it up a little.'

She explained about her character: 'She needs heavy duty, massive amounts of therapy, otherwise we love her. She's a charmer!'

[​IMG]

Hollyoaks newbie: The famed star - who became a household name following Dallas- opened up about her C4 character last year

[​IMG]

We are family: She first appeared on the soap back in November when Tabby's daughter Marnie Nightingale called her at her home across the pond

[​IMG]

Reunited: Linda looked typically glamorous glam in scenes where her character met up with family including granddaughter Ellie

Hollyoaks executive producer, Bryan Kirkwood added: 'When we came to discuss who could possibly play Marnie's mother the list was very small.

'Lysette Anthony has fast become a fabulous soap b***h so having Linda Gray play her mother, Tabitha is the perfect fit.'

However, Linda admitted she'd initially found it hard to understand her co-stars' Northern accents.

[​IMG]

Back in the day: Linda as the troubled Sue Ellen on Dallas - pictured in 1979

[​IMG]

Back in the day: The actress, 76 played the wife of Larry Hagman's infamous character JR Ewing in the 1980s series

Appearing on Good Morning Britain last year, she said: 'It was a little hard to understand the very first day.

'I was like, "excuse me, pardon me, could you say that again?" Then I was right there...'

Linda played JR Ewing's (Larry Hagman) troubled wife in the U.S. soap from 1978 to 1989 and then again in 1991.

She also appeared in the rebooted version of the show in 2012 alongside Hagman and Patrick Duffy, although Hagman sadly passed away the same year.

[​IMG]

Reboot: Linda took part in the TNT version of Dallas alongside Hagman and Patrick Duffy, with the show airing in the U.S. back in 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...seyside-films-Hollyoaks-scenes-two-coats.html

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    SOAP-ER STAR
    Dallas icon Linda Gray spotted on Hollyoaks set after signing lucrative contract to become soap’s biggest star

The 76-year-old's cameo impressed bosses so much they signed her up

By EMMA GRITT
    11th January 2017, 1:36 pm
    LINDA Gray was spotted on the set of Hollyoaks today after bosses signed her up with a big money contract.

The 76-year-old, iconic to many telly fans as Dallas’ Sue Ellen, was seen between takes on set in Chester.

[​IMG]

Linda Gray was spotted on the set of Hollyoaks today
    In December, The Sun revealed that producers were keen to sign the soap legend up after she was praised for her short stint on the show.

Linda, 76, made her first appearance as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown on November 15, and starred for a week before departing on November 22.

But her performance as character Marnie Nightingale’s American-based mother quickly impressed show boss Bryan Kirkwood, who is keen to make her a long-term fixture on the show.

The new deal will see her jet back and forth from the US to film scenes.

[​IMG]
    Mercury Press
    Linda wrapped up warm against the cold as she walked arm in arm with a member of the Hollyoaks crew
    [​IMG]

Soap bosses were so pleased with her week-long stint in November that they snapped her up
    An insider said: “Linda originally came in on a very short term arrangement, because Bryan was a huge fan, but proved a big hit.

“After a few conversations behind the scenes, show bosses decided to offer her a new deal to keep coming back.

[​IMG]

Linda’s character Tabby had to deal with a flirty Tony Hutchinson when she appeared on the Channel 4 soap last month
    [​IMG]

Linda Gray as Tabby with her on-screen daughter, Marnie, played by Lysette Anthony
    “She lives in America but was happy to accept and will be spending several periods in the UK filming her role in blocks.

“The rest of the cast are very excited to have her back too – she’s a genuine soap legend.”

[​IMG]
    Linda remains best known for her role in Dallas as Sue Ellen, the long-suffering alcoholic wife of leading man J.R. Ewing, pictures above

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...rative-contract-to-become-soaps-biggest-star/

8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
  9. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Medals:
    :ch:I need to give her a hug to keep her warm between takes :) :ch:That crew member is officially the luckiest dude in the UK.

10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    [​IMG]
    10 Jan 2017

Linda Gray is back at Hollyoaks

Linda Gray is back filming at Hollyoaks!

Linda Gray known best for her role in Hollyoaks is offically back at Hollyoaks filming as her character Tabby Maxwell-Brown.

The actress is currently playing Marnie Nightingales mother. Linda Gray has confirmed that she will be popping in and out of Hollyoaks regularly.

Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood said: “She feels like a really natural member of the Nightingale family.

“If you look at the linear between her, Marnie and Ellie – all three of them are all stunning women and I believe in it. I believe she is part of that family.

http://www.entertainmentoverdose.co.uk/linda-gray-is-back-at-hollyoaks/

• Like Like x 1
  11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
  13. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    Dallas legend Linda Gray denies that money drew her to Hollyoaks: 'You have to love the script'

The soap icon has turned down loads of other shows.

By Daniel Kilkelly
    13 January 2017

When Dallas legend Linda Gray announced that she'd joined the cast of Hollyoaks, it's fair to say that some of her fans were shocked. So how did the soap manage to win her over?

Linda answered that very question during a live TV interview on This Morning today (January 13), revealing that she's actually turned down a number of other projects that were nowhere near as appealing as Hollyoaks.

Hollyoaks fans saw Linda take on the role of Tabitha Maxwell-Brown for a brief stint last year, but she's now returned to the UK to film even more episodes.

Quizzed on the role today, Linda pointed out: "People think, why actors choose what they choose. But the key is we're invited!"

[​IMG]

And when This Morning host Eamonn Holmes bluntly asked whether money is the main consideration, Linda replied: "No! Honestly it isn't.

"You have to love the script and you have to see, 'Can I breathe a little magic into this or not?' Like this year, I've turned down a lot of things because they weren't good enough.

"When I heard about Tabitha Maxwell-Brown - I loved her name - I said, 'Wait a minute. She's very dysfunctional and from a much more dysfunctional family.'"

There's certainly no shortage of dysfunctional families in Hollyoaks, so it sounds like the show was onto a winner no matter which clan they asked Linda to join!

[​IMG]

Linda also recalled the moment that she flew out to the UK for her initial Hollyoaks stint, unwittingly ending up spending her birthday in a far less glamorous setting than usual.

After being picked up from Heathrow Airport, Linda found herself a world away from Hollywood glamour when she ended up eating sandwiches with one of the show's production team at a service station.

She laughed: "I got on a plane and it was my birthday. I landed in Heathrow and I was whisked away in a car, driven by a wonderful man on the crew, Gareth. He's my new best friend!

"We were driving along and I said, 'Gareth, I'm really hungry and it's my birthday. Do you think we could stop somewhere and have a little food?' So he pulled into a service station and we got out of the car and he walked me into this place.

[​IMG]

"We chose sandwiches and chips and we got back in the car and he sang happy birthday to me. I thought: 'This is the most unusual birthday I think I've ever had!'

"I had no idea where we were. We were somewhere between Heathrow and Liverpool. We had little sandwiches and chips, we had the best day. We bonded in that moment."

Hollyoaks airs Linda's return scenes later in the year.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/news/a818940/dallas-linda-gray-why-she-joined-hollyoaks/

14. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    'It was peeling off my face': Dallas icon Linda Gray, 76, reveals highly embarrassing beauty gaffe after hosting last-minute lunch for Elizabeth Taylor
    By Rebecca Davison for MailOnline

Published: 13:14, 13 January 2017 | Updated: 14:41, 13 January 2017

She's known for her youthful appearance and for being super glamorous - but Dallas icon Linda Gray reveals a highly embarrassing moment she encountered.

Appearing on This Morning on Friday, the 76-year-old, who has just joined the cast of Hollyoaks, said she suffered a major gaffe in front of the late Elizabeth Taylor.

She said: 'I adored her, but I didn't put up with her nonsense. One Sunday, my friend called and asked to come over for lunch with a friend and an assistant.

[​IMG]

'It was peeling off my FACE': Dallas icon Linda Gray, 76, revealed a highly embarrassing beauty gaffe which occurred while hosting lunch for Elizabeth Taylor on This Morning on Friday

[​IMG]

She said: 'One Sunday, my friend called and asked to come over for lunch with a friend and an assistant and I mistook a peel-off face mask for a moisturiser' - pictured in 1963

'He told me he was only 45 minutes away and that his friend was Elizabeth Taylor. It's not what you want to hear on a Sunday when you're in jeans and a T-shirt.

'I live in the country, so there was no place nearby to go and shop. I made some pasta and picked some spinach from the garden.'

But despite a charming afternoon, Linda said the assistant kept pointing something out on her chin.

[​IMG]

Back in the day: The iconic actress as the troubled Sue Ellen on Dallas - pictured in 1979

She said: 'I thought I had spinach on my face. It was only when they left, that I went to the bathroom and saw that my face was peeling off.

'In my haste, I had applied a peel-off mask instead of moisturiser and it was all rolling off my face.

'I was having dinner with the most beautiful woman in the world looking like that.'

[​IMG]

She said: 'I thought I had spinach on my face. It was only when they left, that I went to the bathroom and saw that my face was peeling off'

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Eamonn Holmes couldn't resist giving Linda a cheeky jibe while she was on the show, saying: 'Linda, you are 115 but you only look 35,' to which she burst out laughing

[​IMG]

VIDEO here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...reveals-highly-embarrassing-beauty-gaffe.html

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Medals:
    She has such a great sense of humour and that is such a Northern Ireland thing to say Eamonn! :dance:

Just heard that Linda is back on Hollyoaks on E4 on 24 February and on Channel 4 on 27th February :danc::spinning::danc::spinning::danc::spinning::danc::spinning:

16. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    Hollyoaks spoilers: Linda Gray returns as Tabby for Nathan Nightingale’s heartbreaking funeral

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Saturday 18 Feb 2017 11:58 pm

[​IMG]
    (Picture: Lime Pictures)
    Dallas legend Linda Gray is back in Hollyoaks – as the tragic funeral of Nathan Nightingale gets underway. And it looks like her support is very much needed as both Marnie and Alfie are particularly struggling.

Devastated by the loss of her son, Marnie is in self destruct mode and Tabby does her best to try and soothe her grieving daughter. As the ceremony gets underway, the Nightingales gather to say their final farewells and Mac is consumed both by grief and guilt.

[​IMG]
    Viewers know that Mac and his lover Lisa Loveday were present when Nathan fell to his death but while the shaken pair have so far kept their knowledge of events under wraps, might the enormity of the funeral force Mac to crack?

[​IMG]
    As Marnie is overwhelmed by the sight of her son’s coffin and breaks down in tears, Mac watches on, feeling worse than ever.

[​IMG]
    It’s an emotional day for everyone concerned and life for the Nightingales looks like it will never be the same again.

[​IMG]
    For Alfie, it’s even harder as his grief over Jade Albright is as raw as ever on top of losing Nathan. When he admits to Cleo McQueen that he still speaks to Jade, she encourages him to face up to reality.

[​IMG]
    Tabby soon sits down with Alfie and reassures him that he isn’t losing his mind. She soothes him by telling him that she still speaks to his late granddad all of the time.

[​IMG]
    Will the conversation with Tabby help Alfie to let go and try and move on?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/18/holly...n-nightingales-heartbreaking-funeral-6455085/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  17. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    He was always joking around'
    Hollyoaks actress Linda Gray talks about working with Dallas star Larry Hagman

She reveals the actor who played the infamous JR Ewing would make her laugh every day

Exclusive
    BY PAUL SIMPER
    18th February 2017, 12:04 am

For this week’s My Life interview, TV Magazine speaks to Hollyoaks star Linda Gray.

I had a very strict Catholic upbringing. It was very: ‘Good girls don’t do that.’ This was a time when you were seen and not heard. Inwardly, I was very outgoing, but on the outside I was very shy. I was a very sheltered and middle-class young girl.

[​IMG]
    Linda Gray is now a returning character in Hollyoaks
    I have a very hard time with stars now who don’t sign autographs. I grew up opposite MGM [in California, USA], the biggest movie studios ever, and the stars were so kind. After school, I would walk across the street in my uniform with my girlfriends and sit on the kerb, and all the movie stars would stop and sign. I’m sure it was a pain for them but they all did it. Now when I see someone who doesn’t, I think: ‘If it wasn’t for those fans you wouldn’t be here.’

The day that changed my life was the day when my sister, Betty, died of breast cancer. She was 43. That was in 1988. It was mind-boggling that someone could be here one minute and gone the next. It showed me the fragility of life and how fast it can go.

I used to yell at people on the freeway who cut me up. Now I’m working on taking a breath and not saying those bad words. I used to be yelling at them: “You jerk!”

[​IMG]
    Linda, who played Sue Ellen, says Larry Hagman was always making everyone laugh on set
    I’ve learnt from working on Hollyoaks that they still shoot even when it’s raining. I had a scene where Tabitha is sitting on a bench eating cold fish and chips. I was wearing thin tights, a little coat and a dress. Who sits there eating cold fish and chips in the rain? All I wanted was my hot water bottle.

Larry Hagman [Linda played Sue Ellen Ewing opposite Larry’s JR in Dallas] could always make me laugh. People have asked me over the years what was the funniest thing that happened, but Patrick Duffy [who played Bobby Ewing] and I could never answer that. It was an everyday occurrence. He felt it was his job to keep the humour up on the set.

I didn’t used to like selfies, but I like them now I’ve found a selfie light you can use with them. Otherwise it’s hard getting selfies right because someone always ends up looking a little distorted.

Fans make gifts for me. Some have been very generous. A lot of artists have done sketches – wonderful caricatures of me. Others have done portraits, watercolours. They’re lovely. I’ve received many of these treasures over the years.

Dallas actress Linda Gray opens up about returning to TV with role in Hollyoaks
    [​IMG]

Linda earned $25 to pose for 1967’s The Graduate poster

The Bond producers have never asked me to do a Bond movie. I wish they would have called me.

I have always wanted to meet your Queen. I have great respect for her. When I arrived in Texas [to make Dallas] in 1978, it was a very male world. But by the time we did the reboot [in 2012] there were so many women that were now CEOs of companies. So to know of a woman who has been ruling a country for so long, the Queen should be very proud.

My perfect Saturday is when there’s no schedule – when I can just sit around with my friends and family and appreciate them and my surroundings. Very simple. Nothing crazy.

I’m the legs on The Graduate movie poster, but I didn’t get to meet Dustin Hoffman. In the Sixties, I was working as a model, and a photographer I worked with said: ‘I just need a quick shot of your legs for a movie poster.’ So we worked for an hour for the money ($25), but Dustin wasn’t there.

Hollyoaks Weekdays, 6.30pm, C4 & 7pm E4

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...nda-gray-reminisces-dallas-star-larry-hagman/

• Like Like x 2
  19. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Medals:
    Hollyoaks: Linda Gray returns to soap series
    SOAP royalty Linda Gray returns to Hollyoaks as Tabby Maxwell-Brown following the shock death of her character’s grandson.

By Susan Hill / Published 19th February 2017
    [​IMG]
    ROYALTY: Linda Gray returns to Hollyoaks

Nathan fell to his death after discovering his dad Mac and his fiancée Lisa Loveday were having an affair.

Mac tried to calm him down but Nathan went through a window as the two men struggled.

He landed on the pavement just as Cleo McQueen was rushing to tell him she loved him.

“Tabby arrives to comfort her grieving family”

Hollyoaks insider
    Mac is desperate to keep his involvement in Nathan’s death a secret. Grief-stricken Marnie, Nathan’s mum, has no idea Mac has been cheating on her with Lisa or that the argument led to the fall.

And as the family prepare for Nathan’s funeral, Marnie is struggling to hold it together while Mac is terrified the truth about his and Lisa’s involvement in the tragedy will soon come out.

Tabby, played by the former Dallas star, arrives to support her family and helps Marnie get ready for the funeral.

During the service Marnie shocks the mourners when she makes a confession while speaking about her son.

But it remains to be seen whether she knows the truth about Mac or has her own secret.

A Hollyoaks insider said: “Tabby arrives to comfort her grieving family. They’re falling apart and need her more than ever.

“Marnie is inconsolable but Tabby manages to get her ready for the funeral.

As she gets up to talk during the service she drops a shocking bombshell which leaves the congregation stunned.”

Watch the heartbreaking scenes as Tabby returns a week tomorrow on Channel 4.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-...lyoaks-return-tabby-maxwell-brown-shock-death

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Medals:
    I am an actress and i would still be on Linda's shoulder when the director yelled cut. No cutting. Keep the hugging.