1. The sun is up, the sky is blue

It's beautiful and so are you

Kylie - Step Back in Time

Discussion in 'Music' started by tommie, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    Kylie has cancelled her Belfast and Dublin dates due to being ill with a throat infection and vocal strain. Gutted about this. Steps cancelled the summer tour here and now this. I had an email saying it's being rescheduled so that's something. Although this year totally sucks as far as concerts go for me.
    Last year I got to see Celine in London and then Steps twice! This year two cancelations....
    I hope she gets well soon, and the shows go ahead sooner than later.

2. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,513
    Medals:
    I saw on Twitter this morning that she had cancelled and hoped it wasn't affecting you. I'm sorry. At least she is rescheduling. Kylie seems like a work horse. She must be quite ill to cancel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014
    Kylie is on The X Factor this weekend singing Music's Too Sad Without You

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    Thanks for that info! She had rescheduled her Belfast show for December 5th so glad she’s doing it so soon! Maybe we’ll get a Christmas song or 2 as well!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014
    That is good news.

The Tears for Fears concert I was going to see in April this year was postponed until Feb of next year. It's been a long, long wait, but the time is getting nearer. I'm also chuffed that Alison Moyet is still signed up as the support act.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    Oh that is long! I feel your pain! Great that Alison is gonna be there too! Two great shows in one night.
    Kylie’s new song is one of the standout songs on the album. A favourite of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014
    For me, it's unbelievable. Mad World (TFF) and Only You (Y) are my all time favourite songs, so to see the original artists perform them in one night is something I could only dream about and now it's going to happen. Well, fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong.

I've also got a couple of great nights in November, we're going to London to see the BAT OUT OF HELL musical, again so many of my favourite tunes from Meat Loaf and then towards the end of November, I'm going with my two sisters to see Culture Club, with support from Tom Bailey (Thomspon Twins) and Belinda Carlisle a real 80s treat.

I truly hope you get something Christmassy from Kylie. I remember seeing Erasure in Dec 1989 and they sang God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen which was on the 12" of Crackers International EP.

Is that the one she's singing on X Factor?

I've yet to listen to her album. I don't watch the X Factor or Strictly, but I record the result shows (along with Graham Norton) to see what guests they have on each week.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    So you seem to have a great few months ahead of you. It’s always good to have these thins to look forward to. I’d love to see Culture Club as well. And the Meat Loaf musical should be epic!

Yea Kylie is supposedly doing the track Music’s Too Sad Without You. It’s a duet with Jack something or other. Sorry can’t thibk of his name right now. But it’s great, a very dreamy slow ballad. Quite different for Kylie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    So I eventually did get to see Kylie on Wednesday and our seats were amazing. Like about 3 rows back right at the side of the stage. Just by a little podium that she would come and sing on a few times. There were a few mic or sound issues at the very beginning. Like it was cutting out or something but it was quickly sorted and she sounded absolutely amazing. This show felt somehow shorter than her other shows. I need to check the set list to see if it actually has been shorter but it was still a fantastic show. She never disappoints. It was a great mix of old and new songs and yes we even got a Christmas song too! Because Kylie is just the gift that keeps on giving.

I adore the woman and I love seeing her progress and grow each time I see her. I have seen her 4 times now over the years since the Showgirl Tour and of course have been listening to her and loving her since I was about 4 years old. So she feels very much a part of my life in a strange way. Like more so than any other artist. I claimed Kylie as a child, she was my Popstar and that has remained a constant ever since.

Highlights for me where her doing some old PWL songs. Especially For You, I'll Still Be Loving You, Wouldn't Change A Thing. I mean I almost died at Wouldn't Change A Thing. It's always been a favorite. On A Night Like This went off like a rocket, as did Love At First Sight.

We were told to sit down when we got up and started dancing to Better The Devil in the first act. And we did, but then the next up beat song that came on we were up again. The lady came back to tell us to sit down but then looked around her and like 70% the audience was on their feet so she just walked away. Most in our section were up but a few behind us wouldn't get up. I didn't care...

It was a magic night and was made all the more better because my cousin who was too ill to go to the original date was able to go to the rescheduled one. We have seen Kylie 3 times now and it wouldn't have been the same if she wasn't there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014
    That's amazing!

Did you know you were going to be that close?

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014
    Kylie is back with a new song to promote her new Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

Track Listing
    Can't Get You Out Of My Head
    Spinning Around
    Love At First Sight
    Dancing
    In Your Eyes
    Slow
    All The Lovers
    I Believe In You
    In My Arms
    On A Night Like This
    Your Disco Needs You
    Please Stay
    2 Hearts
    Breathe
    Red Blooded Woman
    The One
    Come Into My World
    Wow
    Get Outta My Way
    Timebomb
    Kids (with Robbie Williams)
    Stop Me From Falling
    Step Back In Time
    Better The Devil You Know
    Hand On Your Heart
    Wouldn't Change A Thing
    Shocked
    Especially For You (with Jason Donovan)
    I Should Be So Lucky
    Celebration
    The Loco-Motion
    Give Me Just A Little More Time
    Never Too Late
    Got To Be Certain
    Tears On My Pillow
    Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
    What Kind Of Fool (Heard All That Before)
    What Do I Have To Do?
    Confide In Me
    Put Yourself In My Place
    Where The Wild Roses Grow (with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds)
    New York City (Bonus Track)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,368
    Medals:
    I'm really pleased with this. It's basically an updated ULTIMATE KYLIE and it's being released no doubt to cash in on her summer shows. I already have God knows how many Kylie Greatest Hits and compilations. So not really anything to get too excited about but I will buy it none the less. It's Kylie!
    Some fans on music forums have been bitching about the artwork being old, not to their liking, that the track listing isn't what they want... That's it's not a complete chronological greatest hits, etc... It's all a bit extra for me. Most Kylie fans have everything she's done anyway. I mean I love Turn It Into Love, but am I gonna call her names because she hasn't included it here even though it was a smash in Japan and my 4 year old heart?
    NO!

I wasn't too impressed the first time I heard New York City, when it got a few outings around the Golden promotion. However, the studio version is very different. It's production is very early Madonna meets WOW meets Love At First Sight via SAW. I'm pretty satisfied with that.

I love this woman to death! Roll on the Kylie Disco album next year.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,619
    Medals:
    I just saw this video on Youtube about Kylie's new compilation album, as soon if it's availble i'm gonne pre-order it. ;)

Oh i'm really looking forward to this collection "Step Back In Time - The Definitive collection", because finally also the song "Timebomb" will be on this collection a song that was still missing in my Kylie Minogue collection, and also good to hear a new song "New York City", it sound like the Kylie i love to year, back to her Dance/Pop roots. :spinning:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,014

• Like Like x 1
  15. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,619
    Medals:
    At the moment I am very busy selling my house and buying a new house, that I do not have time to buy new CDs at the moment, but as soon as everything is over I will order this CD from Kylie. ;)

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)