Kevin Aucoin : Beauty & The Beast In Me

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by Richard Channing, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:
    Thoroughly enjoyed this, his story, and also the footage and interviews with some of the most beautiful and famous women of the last 30 years. Actresses, divas, supermodels galore. There's even Lauren Hutton wrestling an alligator.

Currently on Netflix.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    I have two of his books. Although about makeup they have some amazing photographs of a lot of actresses, singers and models that I love. He created so many iconic looks from the 1980s and 1990s. From Liza Minnelli's diva look from the Results album era to Jennifer Lopez's stunning looks from when she burst on the scene with If You Had My Love and Waiting For Tonight. I will watch this tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    I really, really enjoyed this documentary. It was fascinating to see how he became not only a super successful makeup artist but also a very genuine friend to all of these super divas. It was also sad to see that his birth mother couldn't accept him as being gay. I was aware from his books of his adoption but not all the details. At least he found true love and acceptance in his adoptive parents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:
    Yes, that was awful. Especially when all his life he had dreamed of being loved and accepted by her. Good old Christianity!!

His dad was so wonderful. I just thought he was amazing. A breath of fresh air and an inspiration. His birth mother could have done with taking a leaf out of his book.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    His adoptive mother leaving her job as a religion teacher when she was told she would have teach that homosexuality was a sin really struck me. They truly loved their son and accepted him totally. Leaving their church also for the same reason, because nobody could tell them their son was wrong or sinful. In the '70s and '80s in Louisiana that's a very brave thing.
    You could say that he was meant to be with those people. Somehow through being adopted he found the right people to nurture him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    I would love to see all of those tapes. They would be a time capsule, a snap shot of that glamorous, heady time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:
    So true. I know he grew up with a complex about being adopted, but it could have been much worse growing up with his birth mother who never would have accepted him and could possibly even have subjected him to conversion therapy or similar horrors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,247
    Medals:
    I am always amazed by the total blank coldness that comes over these, so called, Christian parents in situations like this. That they will flatly renounce their own children. Try to totally change every natural quality that they possess. Try to erase everything that makes them, them, and turn them into something that suits their needs. Either that or just turn their back on them completely.
    Like do they think, what would Jesus do? I think not.

• Agree Agree x 1