1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jock's Lion Medallion

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,138
    Remember that medallion of a lion that Jock used to wear around his neck? It was the medallion that the boys found when they went to South America and searched the lake where Jock's helicopter crashed.

I'm wondering if any of you know where I could buy a really nice one that looks as close to the same as Jock's medallion as possible. Do you suppose it was solid gold or just gold plated?

A few years ago on eBay I found a lion medallion that was in a very similar design to the one Jock wore as far as the size and the look of the lion, but it only cost me about $7 and it looked it! LOL! It was just really cheap.

Finally, for those of you who are more knowledgeable about gold jewelry than I am, supposing I could find one just like Jock wore, what do you suppose to would cost? Don't add in extra cost for the nostalgic value of it; let's assume for this purpose that the makers of it don't realize that the medallion they make is very similar to one Jock Ewing on Dallas wore. I just want to know approximately what it should cost considering the materials and craftsmanship. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +541
    The price of gold is high right now. Over $1,000 per oz. You're probably looking at somewhere between $1,000 - $2,000 for a medallion like Jock's. Looks like experts are expecting the price of gold to go down, so you may want to wait until it does.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    I do like that lion necklace. I assume that Jock's was real gold.

• Like Like x 1