Janet Jackson, 50 gives birth to a boy

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Karin Schill, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,757
    Medals:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,274
    Medals:
    Fantastic news and flies in the face of anyone who says it's not possible at her age. Well done Janet :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,849
    That's all very nice and well, but the mother is going to be around 70 years old when the kid finishes his education.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,274
    Medals:
    But she's fit and healthy. I don't have human children yet and I'm about to enter the scary decade to be a female. Is it selfish of me to want kids?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,849
    That's up to you, if you don't think your selfish then you have nothing to worry about. Personally I don't care when anyone chooses to become a parent, but I can't help but feel a little sad for a young child growing up with a parent that may not be around in the later years of life.

Yes and she may live another 50 years, but as time moves on our bodies take longer to heal when they are hit with something hard.

I have no idea, do more people die between 50-100 than people between 0-50 ?

6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,650
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    But Janet will look even younger than now. And maybe whiter too. :dance:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,274
    Medals:
    I lost my own father at 23. You never know what is going to happen.

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,849
    Of course we don't, which makes it more scary the older we get.

...........:D

9. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,274
    Medals:
    Oh my God. Women CAN look good without enhancement. I think she's beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,849
    What's her appearance got to do with it?

11. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,274
    Medals:
    I was referring to her turning into Michael (above) :)

12. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +513
    Wish them well, but it remains to be seen if the baby was born with cognitive/developmental issues because of Janet's advanced age. Just because it's medically possible to have a biological child at 50, it's still highly inadvisable. There are so many children that need a good home.

13. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    Medals:
    I dunno. My father was less than weeks off his 48th birthday when I arrived and he stuck around for many decades afterwards. There may have been more children after me but maybe I wasn't told. Or I forgot them, like I generally do with the ones before me. His father died young. The smoking in the RAF in wartime and afterwards (until he quit when I was 12) caused complications for my father decades later. I never once thought about him being older until after he died in April 2009. My first cousin once removed descending had her first child at 47 and three years later (seven more children later), she still kickboxes. The fastest walker on my Health walks is an 87 year old grandfather, constantly chatting up ladies. I'm next fastest and I'm the baby of the group. Some of my best chums are in their eighties and nineties. As for not being around in the later years of life, I think it is more important to create a loving and stable environment and provide security for a child. My father was setting up trusts, fully secret trusts, semi-secret trusts, insurance policies, with-profits thingies and investments for me when I was little. And then he left me more in his will than the other children, one of whom he tricked, so he can shaft them and dispose of them forever in future via my mother's will and semi-secret trusts. Thinking ahead for your children is important.

I haven't finished my education yet and my mother is older than that. My first cousin was a three-times-over grandmother by the time she was the age that my mother was when I was born. Number four is expected to arrive this month. My matrilineal grandmother produced children over nearly 40 years and she lived well into her nineties. My father was running about well into his eighties. Another first cousin had her eighth child when she was in her 50s.

Now I think about it, I prefer having older parents because they were/are more experienced and more settled in who they were. Particularly my father. And we shared many of the same interests, so we clicked that way.
    Not if you know in advance the contents of their wills and trusts. I always ensure that not only am I the executor and trustee, I am also the main beneficiary. The main problem is when I forget to turn up for meetings with myself.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,849

Don't get me wrong, I know that people can live to a very old age, some lucky enough to get a card from the queen.

15. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    Oh I dare say Janet has had her fair share of enhancement.

• Like Like x 2
  16. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    Medals:
    Long-lived I prefer to say. Like that annoying 87 year old who keeps stopping me from overtaking as if he had eyes in the back of his head.

Dunno about lucky. Every time our various mayors invite me to tea, I do a runner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    People are in general living longer now. And if one is wealthy and healthy and doesn't do drugs or live a lifestyle that will endanger them that's got to help things too. However there is the generation gap thing. Like when her kid is 15 she's gonna be 65. And my own mother is only 61 and I'm 33 and the generation gap is insane. We just have very different minds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +513

There's only a 22 year gap between my mom and me and our experiences were still worlds apart, so to me that's not much of an issue. I see the bigger issues for Janet's son as the unfair burden of having to face Janet's possible declining health while he's not mature enough yet to handle it. and the possible cognitive/developmental problems he may have because of advanced maternal age. Janet has the money that most people don't to deal with those issues, but an unfair burden has still been placed on the poor kid.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,757
    Medals:
    No I don't think so. I'm sure you'd be a loving parent. :)
    So if you find the right man and feel that the time is right for you to have a baby go for it!

I think lots of women are having children in their 40s these days and although there are some increased risks that comes with age, in most cases it seems to work out fine.

Besides even if you have a baby young there are no guarantees in life. I mean just look at Princess Diana for instance, she had Prince William when she was almost 21 and Prince Harry when she was 23 and then died at age 36 leaving her young sons without a mother. :(

Then as for Janet Jackson, let's not forget that her husband is several years younger than she is. So their son will have one parent who is like 8 or 9 years younger than the other.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Pray tell, what kind do you have?