1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Emmerdale ITV3 reruns from 21st January 2019!

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by emm1978, Jan 3, 2019.

1. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Emmerdale1989.jpg

ITV3 has announced reruns of Emmerdale from 21st January 2019, Monday to Friday at 1.45 & 2.15pm.

They begin with episode 1403 (14th November 1989) when FARM was dropped from the title.

2. SantaCarrintonEwingsBells

SantaCarrintonEwingsBells Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,777
    Medals:
    Been watching the early 1990s episodes of Emmerdale, and I love it!

I’m almost dreading 1994 because that’s when Emmerdale changed, not because of the Plane Crash, (though it is a contributing factor as to why so many cast members left the show in such quick succession) but we lost some great characters that year, ones who could have been in the show for years, and they were replaced by the overrated Dingles (Charity, Cain and Lisa are the only ones I like and now we have lost Lisa) and the depressing Glover’s, thankfully they’d all be gone by the early 00s.

The 1972-1994 era will always be a golden age for the show

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  3. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Medals:
    Yes, I've been really enjoying these episodes. I've now a whole new appreciation for this early 90s period, the show was slowly becoming more soapy while still maintaining its rural feel. It was the perfect balance.

I'm looking forward to the early Dingle stuff. Sandra Gough's Nellie and Jacqueline Chadwick's Tina are I think two of the show's greatest female characters. Tina's whole stint on the show is near perfect.

I really liked Dave 'overtime' Glover. I'd imagine Linda could be a bit annoying this time around but I was quite sad by what happened to her back then.