1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Barron Trump Autistic? #StopTheBullying

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Zable, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Zable

Zable Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +887
    Does the Trump family really need to provide the world with an explanation for Barron's behaviour? I can’t understand the expectation that they should.

I appreciate the video’s anti-bullying stance, though ….whatever the reason for his behavior.

2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,181
    I'm not sure if an explanation would suffice. The public would probably demand a reality show.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +887
    LOL. Yes, that's seems to be the mood.

4. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +887
    Update:

Mail Online headlines: “YouTuber who faced lawsuit threat from Melania Trump over video claiming her son Barron, 10, could be autistic promises to remove the clip”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3980350/Melania-Trump-threatens-sue-video-suggesting-son-Barron-autism-says-Rosie-O-Donnell-bully-sharing-it.html#ixzz4RktCL9JC

So that’s why the video’s gone.

Melania Trump’s lawyer, Charles J. Harder, “claims the video actually made the bullying of her son worse, particularly after (Rosie) O’Donnell tweeted it out to her nearly 1 million followers,” reported breitbart.com.

Breitbart quoted another news source, TMZ, as reporting that the lawyer’s letter read: “The video allegedly seeks to ‘stop the bullying’ of Barron Trump. Not true. The video did instigate further bullying by Rosie O’Donnell and others.”

News portal gossipcop.com, which claimed an exclusive report on video creator James Hunter’s response to the threat of a lawsuit, also reported that Mr Harder “stated in his legal letter that Barron isn’t autistic and the claim otherwise is completely false”.

http://www.gossipcop.com/barron-trump-autism-video-maker-responds-james-hunter-youtube-user-lawsuit/

On Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016, Mr Hunter published his “official retraction and apology to Melania and Barron Trump” by way of a YouTube video.

In my opinion, James Hunter’s original video (the one taken down) wasn’t made with malicious intent (on the contrary) and it stopped short of claiming that Barron Trump was autistic. I think, prior to Mr Hunter’s apology, Melania Trump didn’t have a legal case that would stand up in court. The self-flagellating apology, which has the effect of admitting to more conscious wrong-doing on Mr Hunter’s part than there originally seems to have been, suggests that Mr Hunter was sufficiently scared into using coached wording in his apology that were all chosen to support a case for defamation. Grrr. Would a court have accepted that Rosie O’Donnell’s twitter message was bullying? I doubt it.