1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Intriguing little scenes you liked.

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Jimmy Todd, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +927
    There was an interesting scene in season 2 between Alexis and Claudia. This is the episode after Alexis fired the gun that caused Krystle's miscarriage. She's speaking to Claudia and Claudia straight up asks her why she cares one bit about her because she's nothing to her. Alexis replies that she will always be grateful to her for any happiness she gave Steven in the previous season. I always wished the writers had followed this path when Claudia married Steven a couple of seasons later. Instead of taking the obvious route and making Alexis the proverbial mother-in-law from hell, Alexis could have been protective of Claudia, and one of the few people Alexis genuinely treated kindly. It would have brought out another layer to Alexis.
    Anyway, it was a cool little scene and, for that season, it wasn't necessary for the two to have any other scenes together, so it didn't feel like another unfinished plot. It just made both characters more interesting.
    What are some other nice little scenes such as that one on the show that you noticed and liked? I don't mean the plots they started and abruptly dropped, but that little gem of a scene that hinted at layers of a character or was just a nice touch to the episode.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,635
    Such scenes are necessary for a show's characters to feel real. It can't be all plot, or all whining. Of course in this particular scene I don't know how sincere Alexis was, but it was in the period that, as we have extensively discussed, Alexis was being the most inventive and resourceful in getting what she wanted, because she had to fight tooth and nail. By season three, she was just commanding the waters to split in two.

Here is a past post about a scene I liked in the later seasons.

http://soapchat.net/threads/dynasty-season-8-thoughts.5648/page-2#post-137439

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,135
    Medals:
    Two scenes come to mind, both of them Adam/Amanda scenes:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,635
    Yes, Amanda and Adam were the other sibling couple, though sadly abandoned by season six, when both could have used a sibling to talk to. But the sketching scene is nicely written, has a rare instance of showing us (fake) Denver as seen from Alexis' penthouse, and even has a nice metaphor from Adam about how sketching only deals with the surface of a person. And yet Amanda did not really see a bad side of Blake--like Steven with the Ted Dinard trial or the Danny custody trial or Adam first rejected, then later being written off the will and kicked out the house. I think maybe daughters had it easier with Blake, whereas Alexis was an equal opportunity meddler.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,135
    Medals:
    Actually, another such scene that comes to mind is this one:

If memory serves, this was the only scene that these two appeared in for this particular episode. In some ways, I view this scene as a kind've... "guide to writing proper filler." Both Dex and Fallon will serve very important roles later in the season, but at this point in the story, neither of them is needed to help set the stage. But they can't be left out of the episode entirely. So what else can you do but simply have the two hang out for the time being?

Plus, I love how Dex doesn't allow Fallon to feel sorry for herself: "I feel useless!" "Maybe you are."

Oh yes, and I still love how Fallon dramatically opened both office doors upon her entrance. Such a trait she would have gotten from Mother Dearest.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    This is my favorite little scene between Alexis and Krystle. I can't get over their behavior. How interesting to see them being pleasant to each other. It felt real and adult. They were able to put their differences aside because of Steven. The show was built on their rivalry but I wanted to see more scenes like this one because they made the show much more human and less campy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,635
    Just like Fallon/Emma Samms was written and directed in the "far superior" Colbys :lolling:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jimmy Todd

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +927
    I agree with you that it was a memorable scene. What's interesting is that by this time Krystle knew that Alexis caused her miscarriage. Does this make Krystle the most pure, forgiving character
    on all of the soaps or is this the most unrealistic scene from all of them? This question, imho, makes it a fascinating moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,635
    That scene was an aberration; of course both loved Steven, and yes it is interesting to see them momentarily overcome their negative vibe, the way enemies can be united in the time of some great calamity, but I am glad we did not see more scenes like that. It made sense for Fallon and Krystle to reconcile over their love of Blake in season 3, although even that reconciliation moved at lightning speed and without the occasional backtracking such relationships with past tensions have. But as @Jimmy Todd said, Krystle knows what a sociopath Alexis can be, so any civility between them could not have been frank or Krystle would end up even more of a stepford wife than Blake made her. Frankly, I wish they had made Krystle harbor more intense suspicions about Cecil's death, knowing who Alexis was. Even if we as viewers knew Alexis did not kill Cecil, for Krystle, after the shooting accident, and after the toxic paint which Adam did pin on Alexis, Krystle should have seen her as suspect for anything going wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +814
    Medals:
    Wasn’t there a scene with Alexis and Claudia where Claudia said that no one will ever remember her as anyone other than the crazy lady in the roof with the doll and Alexis said nonsense (I’m paraphrasing here)?

11. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,635
    Alexis said nonsense often, but Joan Collins' delivery always saved it. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,135
    Medals:
    Another scene that came to mind was this one:

Just... that quiet moment after Claudia says, "Who do you have?!"

• Like Like x 1
  13. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    I liked it too. And Fallon's comment about Alexis' little dogs is spot on. Alexis had small dogs like she had accessories.

I loved that Dex and Fallon were just friends. Like Sable and Blake were during that season. In some previous seasons, most characters couldn't even be friends : they had to sleep together or be romantically involved to each other, as long as they were male/female. I mean, Claudia/Steven, Claudia/Jeff, Claudia/Adam, Jeff/Fallon, Jeff/Leslie, Jeff/Sammy Jo... I couldn't stand this "endless change of dance partners" we had.

Season 9 got it right imo, with Jeff being severed from Sammy Jo, but NOT returning with Fallon, even if he obviously had feelings for her.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jimmy Todd

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +927
    This is a great scene. So cutting. I felt so badly for Steven. Claudia, how could you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,135
    Medals:
    At least she apologized and clearly felt bad about what she said. We all say harsh things we don't mean when we get angry.

16. Jimmy Todd

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +927
    Yes, you're right. It's just it was so harsh coming from Claudia. There may have been some hostility she harbored against him because of the way their relationship went.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Angel Gabriel

Angel Gabriel Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I love a beautifully directed late season 2 scene between Alexis and Jeff. They had rarely shared screen prior to it, let alone have an actual scene together, so it’s interesting to see what the dynamics between Alexis and her son-in-law (whose uncle she was dating) would be.

It takes place on the terrace set with a rarely seen outdoor breakfast table. There’s some fresh, spring vibe to it (the flowers on the table, breeze playing with Alexis’ hair, birds chirping).

[​IMG]

Alexis attempts and fails to manipulate Jeff with her knowledge of his indiscretion with Claudia. I distinctly recall Collins’ brilliant delivery of Alexis’ surprised response “Oh? How modern!” with a smile.

An obscure, easily overlooked scene, but it always sticks in my mind. It underlines not only how fitting Collins was as Alexis, but also how playful she was with the dialogue early on, before she went into auto-pilot mode, especially in post-Sins years.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +587
    It was one of those little scenes that were added in post-production when an episode was actually not long enough. In the same episode, the scene between Steven and the prostitute was also added lately.

Those scenes added nothing to the plot but they help creating an atmosphere. In season 6, in the episode in which Blake is at the hospital, the scene with Alexis and Joel was also an add-on, just like the scene with Alexis visiting Blake while he was asleep.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019 at 10:27 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jimmy Todd

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +927
    I didn't remember the scene, but I remember that line. Alexis gold!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,354
    Medals:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1