1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Innocent" harrassments that young girls face

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Emelee, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Winner EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    Remind me again what I said. I may have written something that got interpreted in a way I didn't intend, or maybe not, and there are two different things.

I can tell you that I am far more muslim friendly today than I was then, after having worked 3 months with refugee teenagers. I am so sickened by politicians who wants to send these poor, kind, decent and lovable kids back. I have seen one muslim teenager cry about their awful situation one time too many. :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    You said something about our going to satellites like the moon.

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,824
    Medals:
    Isn't it perfectly normal that kids are curious and want to experiment?
    Why is everything such a big deal these days? Why does everyone want to a be The Victim?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    Speaking from how I felt when it happened to me: these examples of "experiments" made me feel extremely uncomfortable, embarrassed and belittled. It was mortifying when the boys bragged to each other that they touched my breats in front of everyone.
    It may be innocent experimenting for them, but for many of those who are subjected, it's anything but playful fun. And society needs to focus more on making sure that as few as possible feel objectified, humiliated and uncomfortable. My body is my body. Touch my arm or hair or any body part that doesn't feel private, and that is fine. Touch my breasts, vagina or butt when I have not given any signal that it's okay, and I will react.

But hey, if we all decide that it's okay --- let me be the first one to start groping men that I find attractive. Married men or young boys, does it matter? I have never groped a man that I wasn't in a relationship with, so if we all agree that groping genitals is ok, and fun innocent experimenting, then I have a few men in mind that I can push into a corner and grope them by the dic*s.

However, I don't think they'd be okay with it, since they are married and all. And probably don't want to be groped.

5. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    I should say this..... this thread is all about the less severe situations. Rape and such is of course on a higher level of criminal offense.
    Speaking as a woman who has been raped as well, I really do feel we should talk not only about rape, but as everything that can lead up to a society that makes SOME (far far far from all) people think they have a right to rape others. Cause I am pretty sure that everyone who has ever raped someone doesn't begin their sexual offensive journey by raping. Just as serial killers don't begin their journey by murdering a person. Most psychos being by torturing animals first, or any other deplorable action.

So by talking about these things, and pointing out that we need to think about what the victims of such experiments feel, we may prevent more crude actions in the future. That's my hope, at least. Just as we should call 4 year olds out on actions that are close to bullying. Prevent things from getting serious on a larger scale.

Cause quite obviously, some people really don't know that it's wrong - and criminal - to sexually harrass others when they are adults. They probably never learned it while they were growing up.

6. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    How dare you ask that! Great. Now I've been cyber-raped. Again.

7. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,824
    Medals:
    And now you can write a book about it.
    And go to Oprah to promote your book.

Seriously though, does everything have to be such a traumatic experience?
    And...how come all those things never happened when I was in high school? We loved gossip and scandal, but there really wasn't much to talk about.

8. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    It saddens me that you find this so silly. Cause just imagine this:

A 9 year old girl comes up to you, looking very sad. She tells you that a boy just cornered her and grabbed her in her private areas. She is visibly upset, which is why she reached out to you. What do you do?
    Do you tell her that it's ok, don't cry, it wasn't any big deal. Get over it.
    Or do you comfort her and tells her that it was not ok for the boy to do that?

In schools these days, I imagine most grown ups comfort the girl, then set up a meeting with the parents of both children, and in this meeting talk about what is okay and not okay - and then have the boy apologize directly to the girl.

9. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    I didn't exist in the 1950s and before, but I imagine there was a similar thing going on back then, just about a different topic. Racism.

I imagine many people made racists jokes in front of black people. I imagine that some people did more than just joke. For instance, made crude remarks, or refused to sit next to a colored person, or called them the N-word, etc etc etc.

And that it wasn't any big deal. At all. That it was ok to talk down and pretty much harrass black people - just because they were black.

We don't tolerate that behavior at work places or school today.

I imagine the sexual harrassments may take the same course. That in 70 years, it will be unthinkable to let these things slide.

10. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,824
    Medals:
    No child should be harassed or intimidated. Mind you there are many ways to do that, and I'm sure there are many kids who are afraid to go to school - both girls and boys.
    But I don't think that every kind of physical contact should become a major drama. It's not always with evil intent, sometimes they're being too bold and playful.
    The parents should tell them it's not OK, that's part of growing up. And then everybody moves on.

Surely not every girl is a walking target, at least not where I live.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Hero EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,428
    Medals:
    This thread becomes sillier and sillier and there is a clear agenda in it. Are all women just the eternal victim? What is the point of this?
    While I'm sure sometimes these things happen in the world they aren't the norm. And yet you are making out that little girls are getting grabbed by their private parts at school by boys and men all the time. It's so one sided too. The dismissal of any notion that such things also happen to boys.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    And who are the ones publicly taunting Kevin Spacey over Rapp's near-rape allegations?

Answer: Da wimmenz. (And nuMister Spock, of course)

13. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    Why do I feel like I am talking to a bunch of grandpas or that I have suddenly been dropped in the 1950s?
    I seriously don't get why you aren't appalled when ANY child - boy or girl - who has grown up feeling bad. Years of not being able to forget these so-called "innocent" acts. If they were so innocent - why do so many women still feel disgusted and ashamed? Couldn't it possibly be because the acts weren't so innocent?

It's not like these acts all happen in front of witnesses. My experiences when I have been groped often happened when I was alone with the boy in question. (I write boy here because I've never been sexually harrassed or groped by a girl -- not because no girl has ever groped someone).

And please don't think that I feel that boys somehow deserve to get sexually harrassed, or that all boys are evil.

In THIS thread, we are talking about girls and their stories of sexual harrassment. I can easily create a thread where we discuss boys that are getting harrassed. Or a thread where we discuss girls' bad behavior. Which, I may add, is a topic that should be lifted in society. Anyone who have been bullied by a girl says "metoo". And I will post a metoo-picture, as well as a "Ididit" picture.

But can we please stick to the original topic in here?

14. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    Because you project those assumptions onto anyone who doesn't agree with every point you make.

There's a huge difference between not being sympathetic to people who are mistreated -- even in terms of schoolyard taunts, let alone molestation and sex abuse -- and being sympathetic to horrid, shrieky SJW bullshit.

:eck:

15. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    Actually......... I see a whole lot of taunting made by men. At work, my pupils are making a pile of jokes about the men who have been outed as sexual offenders. And it's the boys who make the jokes.

I also (I am embarrassed to confess), check in on a highly immigrant unfriendly forum in Swedish because they are excellent gossip tellers, often proven correct in their fact finding (which is why I go there). This forum consists of a majority of rasist-friendly men. And these guys are making so many jokes about the outed men.

Just today, I found some juice gossip on 2 other Swedish media men that are in trouble. One accused of 2 cases of rape and the other for being an a-hole to his production team. Both these men are being harshly judged by these racist-friendly men.

PS: The forum I speak of is called Flashback. ;) If you're a Swede, you've heard about it.

16. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    No comment. Just.... no comment. Except, we are never going to agree on this, and that I am thrilled that the majority of the people I know and hear in media are on the same page that I am on.

17. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    I'm sure that thrills you, yes.

18. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Medals:
    As I try to be optimistic about the future, of course it does. I want equality and I want it now. :clap:

19. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,746
    Medals:
    Equality?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,018
    Medals:
    #metoo is becoming a bit "I got my hair pulled in kindergarten" for my taste.

Shame, because it could be important, but it doesn't need to be an all-inclusive club.

• Agree Agree x 1