If you were in charge of any of the four soaps what would you do?

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,612
    If I were in charge of CORRIE, I would most likely, cut down on the Connors, particularly Kate and Jonny.

I would introduce a new set of relatives for Carla on her mothers side of the family, and would I would like to pair her off with Adam Barlow, older woman/younger man storylines usually work and I would make them a long term couple, also I enjoyed Carla being a Barlow, anything to get her out of the toxic Connor clan, I reckon she'd have to have a baby too.

Give Liz a long lasting love match, someone who she would normally wouldn't go for, perhaps a shy librarian, or a lonely truck driver with a sensitive side,

Strengthen the bond between Tracy and Mary, these two are a wonderful double act in the making, they could learn alot from each other.

More controversial since I think Shona is a wonderful addition to the show (make her THE ROVERS landlady perhaps) but would have David and Rosie have a brief fling where she becomes pregnant, these two rarely share a scene together despite being the same age and their mothers being good friends and neighbours, also a sprog who is related to the Platt-Tisley's and the Websters would create all sorts of havoc especially with David. And Rosie as their dysfunctional parents.

With EMMERDALE I would add on another section of the village which is further away slightly and wasn't destroyed in the plane crash, this would have another, but more trendy pub and a new set of characters.

Reintroduce Scott and Kelly, just to bolster Bob's family a bit, and also Carly (would love to see how the two stepsisters would feud)

Id break up Aaron and Robert for a good while, but only it wouldn't be Roberts fault, but instead Aaron's who would have an interesting discovery about himself.

Write out Debbie, for me I'm not sure where else you could go with her, short of getting into another affair or another crazy relationship.

Bring Mandy back, and also Tina (seriously has she been erased from existence) both have been gone for the best part of two decades.

Have James Tate return to fight for Home Farm against his nephew Joseph Tate, and regarding Joseph Tate, I would explore his mothers side of the family, there had to be more Hughes's out there, his grandfather; David is still alive as far as we know.

I'll get onto EE and OAKS

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,557
    Some great ideas here and I love this one very much.

If I could change a few things it would be to stop focusing on the very young characters. In order to keep child characters under 13 years of age, they seem to always aim at making them nasty, manipulative or just simply annoying and it's not great viewing. I get that they are keeping the generations alive, but there really is no need to have all these kids doing horrible things to each other.

I would ditch Craig in the police force, I simply think things have gone too far and he's too unstable to become a copper.

I would definitely marry Steve & Tracey, they make a great couple and a few months (or even years) back they tried to create a new Jack & Vera in Tyrone & Fiz. They couldn't be further from that idea if they tried. Steve & Tracey have more in common with how Jack & Vera lived their lives.

Rob Mallard created a fantastic dynamic with Denise Black - I would definitely bring her back into the mix.

Finally, bring back Flora and her chums full time.

One more - bring back Dennis Tanner

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,612
    Been watching Hollyoaks and to be honest there's not much I.would change, apart from maybe cutting the McQueens down to size for a while to the original bunch (the alive ones that is) I would love to bring back McDean but Guy Burnett is now doing films so I doubt he'll ever return to Hollyoaks now.

The biggest changes would be given to EASTENDERS, its stuck in some bizarre weird place and has been for a long time now, personally if I could find a way I would bring back Ronnie and Roxy, but that seems impossible.

I would axe Phil Mitchell, he has gone way past his sell by date I don't know where you could go with his character now, better characters with more potential and direction been killed off needlessly; Ronnie, Roxy, Steven, Abi etc, The Mitchells need to be rested now I think, same with the Branning's, there has to be a new family, complete outsiders that can make an impact and start a whole new era for the show (not the Taylor's).

I would bring back Michelle, so many missed opportunities when she returned, they should have brought in Vicki & Mark Jnr and that's what I would do, Sharon would divorce Phil, and would take back the
    Queen Vic and be proud of her adopted parents, EE needs a big shake up soon, especially with we're 18 months away from its 35th anniversary

4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,612
    Steve and Tracy would be funny together.

I would have Jenny divorce Jonny and she goes into fostering, eventually adopting a couple of children or maybe a late in life pregnancy even.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,557
    I wonder if they would try her with Kevin again.

Though I do think it would be great to have her foster children, I don't want more 'little' kids on the show, so would she be better fostering older teenagers perhaps?

6. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    If i was in charge of EastEnders I would make more of the older cast members.

7. Alexis Colby Carrington

Alexis Colby Carrington Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    If I was in charge of Coronation Street, I'd make more the female characters, try and take it back to being character driven than issue led, the Rovers needs a Bet Gilroy character also, Toyah doesn't cut it.
    I'd also give Ken a love interest, I know he's older but he's had the most girlfriends, put him with Audrey or Rita or a brand new character.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,612
    Ken & Audrey would be great, it'd be joining the Barlow's with the Platt/Tilsley clan

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    If i were in charge of EastEnders I would have no returning characters, andget rid of ALL of the Slaters.

If i were i charge of Corrie I would ditch the dead wood in the cast, quite a few. Make use of the older cast.

If i were in charge of Emmerdale, I would stop blowing things up and ban stunts for a couple of years, make the show more grounded, "normal" and use the beautiful setting to its advantage. Emmerdale has the best set out of all the soaps.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,612
    Excellent idea's :)

Emmerdale has indeed got the best set and one of the best histories,
    I would reintroduce more Sugden's, Sandie Merrick has got to be around somewhere she is the half-sister to Robert and step-sister to Victoria, also Samuel Skilbeck he's got to be in his late thirties now, and is a cousin to the Sugden kids.

As I said with EastEnders, that show would have the biggest changes because it is in a rut at the moment.

- I would axe Phil Mitchell

- End the proposed Sharon/Keanu affair, and have Sharon meet someone completely new

- Bring Michelle, Vicki and Mark back

- bring Peter and Cindy back

- Axe the Carter clan

- Axe Whitney, she has not really served any purpose for some years now

- Mould Kathy into the Beale/Fowler matriarch

- Bring Walford into the 2010s/2020s, more middle class types, the Walford that is depicted represents the East End as it was in the early 2000s

- Bring Claudette back, she was amazing, would be great if she became Queen Vic landlady

- Give Jay a proper storyline

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    James Sutton (who got married this weekend) said that both he and the Executive Producer, Bryan Kirkwood, thought they had explored just about everything they could do with John Paul McQueen. So, when he was leaving, they mentioned it was a permanent departure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    Wouldn’t you increase the murder rate? Just a little bit? Sometimes we have to wait a few weeks for the next one. Although the last couple happened two episodes apart, which was fun

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...eaths-2018-most-murders-hollyoaks-eastenders/

https://www.buzzbingo.com/bingo-games/british-soaps-life-and-death/#/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +889
    I'd probably do a stryline where Shirley from Eastenders is so pissed on vodka on Xmas Day that she eats a plate of rat poison, thinking it's her Xmas dinner. She dies a cold, lonely death and nobody goes to her funeral.

I would also introduce a gym in Emmerdale with scenes where the characters get some healthy exercise, like, say, Priya running on the spot and doing star jumps in a sleeveless top.

Finally, Ian Beale gets his head stuck in some park railings and nobody can get him free. He eventually dies there, aged 83.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)