1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

If You Ever Wanted To Stay At Southfork, Now’s Your Chance. But It’s Going To Cost You.

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Billy Wall, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +300
    For $1978 (the year Dallas premiered) for 2 people, you’d have all access to the entire house, including the pool area. $400 for each additional guest. I forget some of the perks, but you’ll get a “JR steak dinner”, a Southfork breakfast and a screening of Dallas. You can sleep in JR’s, Bobby’s or Lucy’s room.

Someone can put up a link.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    Yeee ha!!! Yes, you can now stay over, have use of the house, the pool, have dinner and breakfast at Southfork.

This would be a dream come true for me...alas, it's not cheap, but possible to save for.

3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,333
    Would I stay overnight? No thanks. It is however on my bucket list to visit Southfork Ranch one day. It's been discussed before but I'd have no interest seeing the interior as it doesn't reflect the interior we all grew up with...and I'm not talking about TNT Dallas.

For a a fee I'd be happy to have breakfast or lunch on the patio - just outside the sliding door - or beside the pool. Other than this I'd be happy just walking around the estate and sucking in that Texas air :)

4. pete lashmar

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    I actually don't think the cost of this is over excessive - and you would get to use the pool, which is out of bounds for any visitors as far as I know. As a very special gift for someone, or a naughty gift for yourself this is reasonable considering what you get.

I can but dream....

5. Walking in a Winter Guzzlerland

Walking in a Winter Guzzlerland Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,668
    I'm not sure you could put a price tag on the privilege of lounging around the Southfork pool in the hot Texas sun pretending to be Bobby or Pam Ewing!

Throw in a King of Diamonds towel and free drink service (yes, we'd like another round of juleps, Raoul) and it would be pretty nice indeed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,939
    Medals:
    Ive been to SF ranch more than 10 times (and if you stayed at the SF motel when it was linked a free shuttlebus took you there so id go at all times of the day!)

The outside of SF is amazing, it really is and you think of all the great scenes that took place there

The inside bears no resemblance to Dallas - the rooms are small, incredibly tacky in design and colour scheme and there is only one room upstairs which is JR/SE bedroom with veranda

The Room designated "Bobbys room" is incredibly naff and it might have been Bobbys room when he was 8 and 3/4 with the awful looking blue teddy bear on the bed.
    Miss Ellies room wasnt much better and the only bedroom that was OK was Lucys room.

I was always disappointed that the inside of SF bore no relation to the show and the red and white kitchen is pretty awful too.

id rather stay at the Ritz or Savoy for that money!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,645
    You'd have money left over too. They aren't two grand a night.

8. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,939
    Medals:
    Oh the Ritz and Savoy in London have suites that are far more expensive than SF
    Some are another world and lifestyle!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,645
    That's something! Do you recall, approximately, how high the prices get for two people for one night at either of them?

EDIT: I was curious and looked it up. The rooms start at 580 pounds and then the two highest priced ones are Junior Suite: from 1195 and Deluxe Suite from 2,900 pounds per night.

In dollars that is Junior Suite from $1453.83, and Deluxe Suite from $3527.83

"From" is the key word there.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  10. Lastkidpicked to be Santa's Helper

Lastkidpicked to be Santa's Helper Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,569
    Medals:
    Rove, if you fly out to Dallas then I have an idea for you. Rental cars are pretty cheap out here. You may want to take a rental out for a day, or hire an Uber or Lyft. You would have a lot of fun visiting the filming locations. The thread "Locations" is pretty active and usually on the first page of these forums.

Maybe visit Southfork first, and then take a day to visit the area. You would enjoy looking around and saying, "Hey! We saw Cliff walking down those stairs!"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,939
    Medals:
    How much is a suite at the Savoy?
    The details: The Royal Suite starts at £14,000 per night; also newly opened the hotel's Savoy Suite costs £6,500 per night;

In the 1990s i had a friend who did Hotel management and worked here, she was a high flyer and going places and worked in some of the best hotels in NY, Hong Kong, Paris
    I met her once for lunch and she showed me round. They were beautiful but I could never pay that type of cash for a room, no matter how beautiful it was. I like my 4* plus and comforts but thats a waste of money (unless I had it of course to spend lol)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,426
    I stayed at the Dallas Sheraton. Does it still exist? And I always thought that some better changes could be made inside the Southfork home, really tacky in design and colour sheme. Only the kitchen is nice after all ...

13. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,333
    From the screen shot it would appear JR (Larry) wasn't fond of the sun too much. Seriously? Who sits outside in a bath robe. If we view this as intended - that is watching characters I'm left wondering why JR would be sitting outside, beside the pool dressed like that. Seems rather odd.

14. pete lashmar

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    I do wonder why the owners of SF don't redecorate to make the inside of the ranch look a little bit classy. I don't think I've ever read a positive review of the inside, everyone says how tacky it is.

But, I'd still stay if I could afford it, have a morning swim and relish it.