1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just finished the first episode of Dallas

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Ked, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Now the whole family has gathered around. Bobby is regaling them with how he and Gary reunited, though Jock is in the foreground looking a bit... I don't know the right word, but I'll wait and see what he says and does.

Bobby is kind've exaggerating what really happened, but oh well. That's all part of good storytelling. :lol:;)

Miss Ellie looks radiantly happy, and Lucy is all curled up under her father's arm.

Sue Ellen looks... looks like Sue Ellen, heh, as she makes a polite inquiry about Gary keeping up with his writing. Gary tells her that Lucy told him that Sue Ellen is the best writer in the county.

Jock decides he's had enough and announces he wants to "clear the air in this room."

Ellie tells him no, but Jock can't stand any more of this. Bobby points out you can't clear 16 years worth of air (oh hey, Gary was gone for 16 years! Just like Alexis!), but Jock disagrees. He even invites someone to punch him in the mouth. ^^

JR, reminding me very much of Pete Campbell from "Mad Men" in this moment, says he agrees with Jock on principal, and would like to get the ball rolling.

And JR gives the most bullcrap speech about how grateful he is for Gary being so forgiving, blah blah blah.

"Its alright, JR," says Gary.

"You hear that? He was always the kindest of us all."

Oh JR... Let me shake my head at you.

JR shakes Gary's hand and welcomes him back. Well! JR sure was in a hurry to establish himself as an innocent party here. I wonder if it will last.

Well, its bedtime now, and oh, is Gary in that one house that was built for him? The way he's looking around suggests it... or maybe not. The fridge is fully stocked, he must still be in the main house.

Hah, he gets out a carton of milk and drinks from it. I always thought that was a disgusting thing to do. :lol:

Bobby catches him in the act. They split the milk, and reminisce. Gary notes how Bobby is all grown up. Bobby says Gary never made him feel like a little brother. Gary says Bobby (and Ellie) was the only one who took him seriously.

Miss Ellie joins them and smiles adoringly. She too has old memories. Bobby goes back to bed. MIss Ellie asks her favorite son if she can get him anything. Then she tells him how much she missed him. He smiles and says he's glad he came back for a visit.

"Not a visit, son."

Uh oh, I sense drama...

Miss Ellie pulls Gary into a suffocating hug and says its a miracle he's back, and she'll be grateful for it, "Till the day I die" she adds in almost creepy sort of way. :lol: And going by the look on Gary's face... yeah, he's not gonna stay.

Its the next day, and we're gonna get a one-on-one scene with Gary and Lucy. Wonder how this'll work out.

Wow, Lucy looks like she's dressed like Dorothy Gale, only minus the blue. :lol: Ooooh, she wants him to meet her mother! That's gotta be it! Ooooooooh...

Yep, they're goin'.

Uh oh, is Val not there anymore... oh no wait, there she is. Lucy and Gary go up to the counter, and Lucy goes, "Mama?"

Val turns around and looks pleasantly surprised. At first she doesn't notice Gary. Then she does.

A lot of silence, a lot of soft background music, a lot of looking, Gary says, "Hello, Val", and Lucy says of her father, "He's still pretty!" :lol: No he's not, Lucy, but he's your dad, so I'll let you think that. :lmao:

Val looks like she's caught between crying and smiling and can't decide which one to do.

Ooh, great shot of Southfork with a pack of horses (or is it "herd"?) running across it.

Pam's received an early morning phone call. I think it was from her aunt, but her father's in the hospital.

"How bad?" asks Bobby.

Pam is silent for a moment before saying, "Same as usual, I guess."

Oh. ^^ So this has happened before?

Bobby wants to go with Pam, but she points out his presence will only make Digger worse. So Pam goes alone.

Back at the diner...

Val's rather flustered and clumsy as she picks up dishes to be served. Lucy playfully notes to her father that that must be a sign she still cares. Gary says she's just nervous.

Lucy explains how she found her mother - or rather, how her mother found her. Val just started hanging around the school when it was out, and Lucy somehow felt that the mysterious woman was there to see her.

"Daddy, is Mama gonna come back to the ranch with us?"

Oh Lucy, what a little girl thing to say.

Gary doesn't seem so hopeful. And over at the counter, Val spills something on a customer. Her boss tells her to go sit down, he'll cover for her. So she goes over and sits with her (ex?) husband and daughter. Lucy excuses herself, leaving them all alone.

They talk for a bit. Gary says he's amazed by how things are on the ranch. He also says Val looks terrific. She calls him a liar, but he says he's not. He also tells her that Lucy wants her to come back to the ranch with them.

Val immediately says no.

Gary says it would mean a lot to Lucy. "Yeah, and to JR," Val says bitterly. But Gary says he thinks JR has changed. Plus Jock and Ellie keep him in line. Val admits that Lucy's told her that last part. Gary tries to coax her.

Val again says no.

Gary talks more about how things have changed.

Val says she doen't know. Uh oh, she's weakening...

Lucy comes back, and asks her mother if she's coming back to the Ranch with them. Adding in a desperate, "Please?!" she even turns to "Daddy!" for help.

I'm very much reminded of when Mathew Blaisdel convinced his waitress wife Claudia to come home with him and Lindsay. Only while Lucy eagerly wanted her mother back, Lindsay was uncharismatically crybabyish.

"Its settled," says Gary. He wants to call ahead and let the house know they're coming.

"Can we make it a surprise?!" gushes Lucy.

"CALL, Gary," says Val. Smart woman. :lol:

Oh gosh, this is gonna be good...

The rest of the family looks like they're about to lunch out on the patio. Miss Ellie asks Sue Ellen where Gary and Lucy are. Sue Ellen first offers her coffee, then tells her they took the truck and left a couple hours ago. She says it in a tone of voice like she barely cares where they are.

Jock figures Gary went to see his old hangouts, and Ellie relaxes. Jock then asks Bobby where Pam is. He tells him Digger's in the alcoholic ward.

"Same old Digger Barnes," Jock huffs.

WHOA. Bobby just *tears* into Jock (verbally, that is) about how Digger was brave enough to come to the barbecue and bury the hatchet and left alcoholic and broken "because of you."

Um, no, Bobby. Digger left that way all on his own. He got himself alcoholic. That's not Jock's fault.

Bobby goes on about how Digger won't speak to Pam, but Jock barks, "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

All goes silent.

Sue Ellen pours Bobby some coffee, and after he walks off, she goes over to kiss up to Jock. "I don't see why Bobby has to be so hostile."

Jock, however, proves himself to be classier than Sue Ellen by pointing out Bobby has a right to defend his wife from his family. "Even from me. ...As long as he's got the guts."

Sue Ellen doesn't look pleased, although JR looks over with the stupidest grin on his face. Was that a blooper that was kept in just because? :lol:

Aha, Miss Ellie's back from taking Gary's phone call. She announces to the family that Gary and Lucy are with "Lucy's Mama."

JR is the first to react: "What?"

Sue Ellen wonders how they ever found her, and Miss Ellie explains Lucy's been seeing her. JR says he's going to put a stop to that, but Miss Ellie says no. They're bringing Val to the ranch.

JR says he told Val never to set her foot in Texas again.

Bobby asks JR to forget the past. "Never means never, Bobby," says JR, irritated.

Ellie says she told them to bring Val. She wants her family back together again.

Jock says he saw last night Gary with strong level head on his shoulders. If he thinks its okay for Val (I notice they never mention her by name) to come to Southfork, then its okay. Miss Ellie smiles.

Sue Ellen, with barely concealed venom, says she thought this was supposed to be a visit. Somebody slap her.

Miss Ellie proudly and happily says her son is back for good.

JR says Val is nothing but a tramp. Similar to what he said Pam was, only he said "trash", and he was alcoholic at the time. And later on caused her miscarriage. Plus JR has repeatedly cheated on his wife. So he's the tramp. And the trash. So there. X)

JR goes in when he realizes he's been out-voted (though Sue Ellen never technically said anything for either side). Now he's on the phone. Oh, he's making arrangements for Gary to end up running a "loser company." :lol:

Sue Ellen asks JR what he's going to do about Gary.

JR says he's going to be his brother's keeper, and laughs.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the premiere episode of season 2! I found this premiere much more impressive than last season's. And I was surprised that this episode wasn't episodic like last season was.

So far I like Val, I think she's a good addition. I'm mixed on Gary, though. I honestly thought he was going to turn out to be a fraud, but nope, I was wrong. Its the real deal. ^^ I wonder how long he's going to stick around, though, because while I've heard the names of all the other characters thrown around a lot, I don't really recall Gary's. So I can only assume he leaves after a while. Unless I'm wrong, again?

I both hate and love Sue Ellen. I want somebody to slap her a few dozen times, but I'd also like for her to be happy. JR's a douche, though. Through and through. I would have disowned him long ago. But he is shaping up to be an interesting villain.

I think the most boring and useless character out of all of this is Ray. Why is he here again? Does he ever become interesting? Does he go away and never come back?

Pam's still probably my favorite. X) Lucy's still a brat, but she's got her good points. I hope she ends up maturing, without losing her charm. Not like what they did with Fallon in season 4. Bleah.

And so... yeah. That's all I got, folks. Until next time! :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,579
    The word is constipated. That is what Jock Ewing/Jim Davis looked like to me in most scenes. But the writing for the character was really good in those early seasons. In fact early Dallas is more like an actual drama series than a soap opera; but that all changes soon. I won't spoil it for you. :D
    Gary is played by David Ackroyd in these episodes, whom I really liked. He was not available (or did not want) to play in the spin-off, so they recast the role.

3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    You know something? I have heard that name many times in my life, and yet I never connected it with a face. ^^ Course that's how its been with a lot of famous people: I hear the name on the radio, or I overhear people saying it, and I continue on with my own business and just think of the name as a name.

4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,846
    Medals:
    He dated Karen Fairgate:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,010
    Medals:
    See? I think not watching the preview has already paid off! :D

The Ray/Lucy thing is an interesting arc for this season. I won't reveal anything, but I like what they do with it.

Also, this is not all episodic. I'd say more than half the season is serialized. Don't discount the episodes that ARE self-contained, though. A lot of them either subtly continue some arcs, are based off of where the characters are so far, or provide crucial character development that changes things forever. My recent rewatch made that utterly clear!

• Like Like x 3
  6. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict EXP: 10 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,812
    Medals:
    I told you @Ked that season 2 would be faster than season 1 pacing wise, and that this is also the season when we see characters that would make a long term impact on the shows history; Gary and Val being just a couple of them, you also realise that Gary and Val couldn't really fit into Dallas narratively speaking, they needed their own series as there was so much history there between alone and it would've been over kill having two dysfunctional couples, what with
    JR and Sue Ellen already holding up the mantle as this.

Interesting how the diner scene between Gary, Valene & Lucy is remarkably similar to that of the diner scene between Matthew, Claudia & Lindsey just two and half years later, in fact the whole backstory with the Blaisdel's is rather similar to that of Gary/Val/Lucy, both families are rather fractured, Lucy is raised by her grandparents same with Lindsey being raised by Matthew's mother, both couples were very young when they had their respective daughters (I think Val and Gary were 14 & 16 when they had Lucy) and Gary is overpowered by JR and Blake repeatedly tries to ruin Matthew in season 1.

Glad your sticking with DALLAS @Ked it gets better from here on.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,019
    Medals:
    Yay! I am delighted that you have started to watch season two. Enjoy the show Ked. It only gets better from here. :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Medals:
    Actually, but I think season 3 is when the real soap kicks in.

But season 1 + 2 are one of my favourite seasons - they build up the characters for what happens later.

Also, Sue Ellen was added to the opening credits.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    ....I never noticed that. 0_0

10. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Medals:
    Yeah, they never planned on her to become a long-term character. Actually they supposedly planned for Bobby to die pretty early on in the series and then for it all to be Pam versus JR.

11. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Interesting. I'm glad it didn't work out like that, since Pam vs JR sounds kinda boring. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Hello all! Sorry for another long wait, but here we are:

Season 2 Episode 2

Quick recap: Gary Ewing has returned to Southfork, and daughter Lucy has found her mother, Val, and wants her parents to get back together. JR, like the unreasonable snob he is, wants Val to stay away and Gary to be gone.

Oh yeah, they've added Linda Grey to the opening credits now! ^^ Guess I didn't notice that last episode...

Pam has arrived at the hospital... for what again? Oh right, her dad. She's meeting up with her aunt... and holy crap, Pam looks so *gorgeous* in that white dress! Dang it, what is up with this woman and the color white? I understand its meant to show her as the force of good that she is, but still, its getting a little annoying... and yet she looks so *good* in it! :lol:

Wow, the doors to the area where Digger is look like a spider's web. Great imagery. ^^

Oh man, they're walking by a man having a seizure. The actor's giving a surprisingly accurate portrayal; I've seen seizures before. They're frightening.

WHOA. Digger looks like he's nearing Death's Doorstep.

Gary, Lucy and Val have pulled up outside of Southfork. Val's wearing a pretty dress now, and Lucy's still wearing her Dorothy Gale dress. :lol:

Gary and Lucy are doing what they can to convince Val, but Val seems pretty savvy to expect trouble. Its nice to hear an explanation for why Gary left, and why he left his wife and daughter behind. Its also nice to know Val understands, and that she rightfully blames JR.

Awww, Lucy would rather live with her mom than Miss Ellie. No offense to Miss Ellie, but I can see why. Val seems like she'd make better company, especially to her own daughter.

Hm, Val asked Gary if he ever got married again, and he answered no... yet the way he answered makes me suspicious. He asks Val if she ever got married again. She gives a more sincere-sounding no.

Welp, the Ewing clan (minus Pam) have come out to greet Val. Interesting, how the Ewings are all wearing white, whereas Val, Gary and even Lucy are wearing darker colors.

Ugh, the way how Sue Ellen welcomes Val... so Stepford-y and phony and full of poison... I'd love to see a catfight. :lol:

JR says he hopes they'll all be able to bury the hatchet. Yeah, right.

Pam is telling her aunt she wants to take care of her dad, but her aunt is being more practical.

Oooh, Gary and Ray are gonna have a scene! HEY GARY! RAY'S BEEN BANGIN' YOUR DAUGHTER! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! ;)

...nope, nothin'. Just a passing conversation about ranch stuff. Yawn.

Lucy and Val walk up; Lucy makes it rather clear she wants her parents to remarry.

HAH! Lucy suggested Gary fire Ray and run the ranch himself. Now THAT is entertaining. X)

"Ray isn't much," she says. Oh Lucy...

Gary's starting to get ticked at Lucy pushing him.

JR drives up... and starts spewing that phony, oil charm of his... yuck. XD

So JR's got a business proposal for Gary, something about working in a branch of the company or something. I don't know, I always zone out whenever the characters talk business.

Pssh, it seems pretty clear JR told Ray to tell Gary that the "ranch runs itself", so now JR's going on about how Gary doesn't have to learn anything to run this new branch. Lucy seems delighted, though Val looks skeptical. Nice to have a smart blonde on this show. :D

Lucy says she's going back with JR, and he asks if they can trust the "two lovebirds" alone, and Lucy says no - that's why she wants them alone. XD Cute.

Aha! Val proves she is indeed smarter than all of them: she knows *exactly* what JR was on about, and immediately tells Gary to pack his bags and run to California. Oh Gary, PLEASE believe her...

Pam and Val finally meet.

Lucy brags about how JR has a whole company for Gary to run. Bobby seems suspicious.

Pam wants to go and see her dad again. I know this is going to sound awful, but I hope Digger dies soon. He's dragging Pam's character down and taking her away from the going's on of the Ewings.

JR is showing Gary papers while Bobby looks on...

Pam's over at her dad or aunt's house. Again, her aunt is telling her Digger doesn't want to see her, blah blah blah... Its unclear if Digger knows about Pam's miscarriage or not. Either way, the stupid jackass...

Ugh, why does everyone keep on about "what Jock did to him", Digger got HIMSELF alcoholic! He's got nobody to blame but himself. At least the aunt acknowledges Jock's not all at fault.

Digger wakes up and sees Pam. She gets teary-eyed.

He growls, "I don't want you here."

Well you know what, Digger? I don't want YOU here! Hurry up and DIE so Pam can go back and spend time with the more interesting Ewing family, you miserable sack of greasy wrinkles!

Awww, he pushes her out of the room! :( That bastard, I hate him so much. I don't care how pathetic he is, I want him gone from this show!

Bobby and Gary have started rough-housing. Nice. :lol:

JR comes in and cuts it short. Nyeh.

Hm. Something happened with the three brothers... only it kinda went over my head, and I don't want to rewatch the scene. All I know now is that Bobby is yet again peeved at JR, who just smiles that smarmy smile of his.

Miss Ellie and Val are having a kitchen scene.

Ellie says what happened before won't happen again. Well, Miss Ellie, I suggest you fire and disown JR... and hire a hit-man to make it look like he committed suicide. That's what you should do.

Now Val's talking with Bobby.

Bobby tries to reassure her that he checked the company JR wants Gary to look after, "Its solid as a rock!" But Val says that's still just the kind of pressure that Gary can't handle. Apparently, he can't even handing a shopping list. Don't know if that's an exaggeration or not, but still...

Bobby again tries to be reassuring by encouraging her to get Gary to take things slow, and that he'll find Gary something else if the company doesn't work out.

Sue Ellen and JR are out by the pool, Sue Ellen being passive aggressive, while JR is taking far more interest in his paper. :lol: Bobby's coming out too...

Bobby is obviously fishing around for answers... and Sue Ellen gives SUCH a b*tchy smile... oh my gosh... :lol:

Bobby looks clued in, and finally just confronts JR.

"Just be on the level, okay?"
    "I always am... in my own fashion."

Oh JR...

Oh good, Pam's back. Heh, the way she was driving, I was half-expecting her to crash right through the bushes and run over both JR and Sue Ellen - right into the pool! :lol:

....and the way how Sue Ellen glares at Pam, you'd think the latter DID drive right over her and her husband! 0_0

Jock asks Pam if Digger's okay.

Pam gets b*tchy with Jock, who patiently puts up with it - though he points in a warning tone of voice out that its not helping things at all. ...only she disagrees.

HOLY CRAP!

Wow, when I said earlier about Pam crashing her car, I didn't think that would actually HAPPEN! Only its not Pam, its another red car. Is it Digger?

Yup, its Digger. I hope this means he dies. Maybe has a heart attack or something... just get rid of this depressing character, please?

Awww, he shred up all the books/magazines/puzzles Pam brought him earlier! :( Okay, now he REALLY needs to die!

"What DO you want?"
    "Money!"

Oh Digger, you classless...

...wow, he wants money for Pam. I just... just when I thought he couldn't get lower...

Ten-thousand? Even Jock seems insulted. I would have asked for a few million. Not that I'd ask, of course. :lol:

Heh, Jock just takes a 100 bill out and tosses it to Digger, who stoops and picks it up, though I'm surprised it didn't blow away in the wind.

"Sold!" and he gets back in his car.

Aww, Bobby looks like his heart is breaking for Pam.

Digger, PLEASE crash your car and DIE.

Pam says she doesn't care anymore; Digger's an old fool and a alcoholic, and the sooner she washes away his stink, the better off he'll be! Good for you, Pam!

Its now night at Southfork, and Pam, wearing a white nightgown, goes down to chat with Gary in the study. Nice to see her trying to reassure him.

Aww, Miss Ellie's brought her favorite son some milk and... a sandwich? Cookies? Can't tell.

Now Lucy's joined the party, wearing a biege-colored negligee (or at least I think it is).

All three women are going to go up to bed, Lucy gives her daddy a kiss good-night...

...and Gary knocks over the milk.

A general panic ensues. Hah, all the ladies are talking at once, and Gary freaks out, "ITS ONLY A GLASS OF MILK, DAMMIT! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Oh Gary, how childish. Though at the same time, I can relate.

Uh oh, he's heading for the bottle...

Val's watching him in silent horror... oh, stop him, Val! STOP HIM!

But no, she turns away...

...huh, he doesn't drink it.

The next morning, Gary walks out of the mansion while JR watches from the balcony.

Val, wearing a floaty white nightgown, runs after Gary, looking for all the world like an angel. :D

He tells her he didn't take the drink and she looks so relieved. I guess she wanted him to resist on his own.

"Val, I can't stay." Oh Gary, you quitter...

"I'm alright. I just don't belong with them, and there's nothing wrong with that." Eh, fair point, but still, Gary...

"I'll be fine somewhere else." And suddenly I'm thinking of Knots Landing. :lol:

Aww, what a farewell scene! :(

Eww, damn sleazy JR's standing next to a pillar, leering at Val walks back up to the house.

He tries to buy her off with $5000 and an escort out of state... or just an escort out of state. She tries to hit him but he catches her arm.

It disgusts me how JR thinks he can just tell Val to leave. Why can't she go crying to Jock and Miss Ellie? They're the ones who can get rid of JR, they're the ones with the real power!

Poor Miss Ellie, she's broken-hearted, though I could see this coming. What's really sad is that neither she or Jock realize its all JR's fault.

Lucy's furious at Gary, seething with anger. She's confident Val will return though. Oh, Lucy... :(

Bobby, PLEASE punch JR.

What the-?! Pam's back in Digger's room?!

ALRIGHT! Pam's telling Digger the way things are! Good! :D

Aww, she's planning on keeping him in her life just because he's her father. I'm both touched and irritated.

Digger tries to get the 100 dollar bill back, but she says, "Don't be stupid, keep it. Jock owes you a lot more than that."

Once again, I'm touched and irritated.

HAH! Sue Ellen gives Pam a sarcastic "Dear", and Pam comes swingin' right back with her own equally sarcastic "Dear"! :lol:

Oooh, family confrontation time?

Bobby says JR's problem is that he thinks that *all* the time someone's trying to take things away from him. Which is very true.

Bobby straight up accuses JR of pushing Gary away, and Miss Ellie comes to JR's defense. Poor, ignorant woman...

Bobby said he's ashamed of himself for not trying to stop JR, but he's proud to have Gary as a brother.

Poor Lucy gets off the phone; she was calling the diner to try and find Val. She's still hopeful her parents will return.

JR coldly interrupts her that that's not gonna happen.

Everybody's treating Lucy like a child - and aww, its real sweet seeing Pam holding Lucy's hand like that.

Oh JR, you sick BASTARD. He tells Lucy that Val asked him for that $5000 check! I look forward to the episode where you get shot. Shame it didn't take. Oh well, the show needs a villain, I guess. We just need JR to be punched more often is all.

YES! YES! YES! YES! LUCY HIT JR! LUCY HIT JR! LUCY HIT JR!

Lucy is now officially my favorite Ewing, because she did what I've been waiting for: she hit JR. Hopefully this means she knows he's lying about Val and will continue to try and find her mother... except Val goes onto Knots Landing, right? Hm, just gotta wait and see... or I can look this all up on wikipedia? :lol:

(Heh heh heh, I had to replay the part of Lucy slapping JR a few dozen times. Sweetness.)

And that, folks, was the 2nd episode of season 2 of Dallas!

Its definitely getting off to a good start. I might as well admit, I wasn't interested in Gary sticking around, although I do hope Val returns. I like Lucy better; she's still childish and bratty, but now she has a more worthy goal.

I hope JR gets hit/slapped/punched way more often; that jerk just gets away with too many things. I'm still mad at Val for not running to Miss Ellie when JR tried to buy her off, but oh well. Val's an easily intimidated woman; she's not a fighter like Pam is.

I still hope Digger dies soon. I'm sorry, but I just don't like that whiny, drunken loser. I want him gone.

And... that's all I have to say really. Hope you all enjoyed this review!

• Like Like x 5
  13. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,010
    Medals:
    Character stuff that builds character connections. A lot of the fun is in these little moments. I think you'll get used to them LOL

Uh oh...

Moral culpability. He's both at fault and not. It's what makes the Barnes/Ewing backstory so fascinating.

Well, she is still only 15/16!

Noooooooo!!! Please resist. You'll take away the fun if you know how it happens!!!

It's fun watching you discover this. People told me that when I was doing the early seasons too, and now I really see why! haha

• Like Like x 2
  14. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,760
    Medals:
    :lol:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    I probably will. I'm just impatient for the show's pace to pick up. X)

I'll try to pay better attention in the future. X)

I guess. I'm still more on Jock's side than Digger's.

True, but its been my experience that if you treat someone like a child, they'll act like a child (and vice-versa). It'd be nice if somebody realized that Lucy is on the verge of adulthood, so it'd be nice if someone started treating her as such.

Heh heh, don't worry, I shall resist. Besides, I already know what happens in the long-run: Jock dies, Miss Ellie gets recasted, Pam gets burned and leaves Dallas, and two other ladies become main characters for a while (I think, anyway), one of them being Donna and the other being Katherine. I have no idea who either of these ladies are - well, years ago, I did see Donna in a clip where she punches another woman in a bar while wearing a fur coat. :D But that's basically it.

Oh yeah, and JR gets shot and it takes them a full season to discover who did it. I know it was a woman who did it, but I can't remember which woman.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Medals:
    One of the things that I really wish would've been explored properly is the relationship that Lucy has with JR and especially Sue Ellen - considering they're childless I feel like early on they were parental figures to Lucy (for better and possibly worse), but the show just never explored that. Sue Ellen getting hurt by Val returning would be a real thing if they had.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,019
    Medals:
    I enjoyed the review. :)

When will there be another one?

18. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Thank you, and I really don't know. My work schedule is so whacky, that some days I'm hit with such a huge workload that I'm too tired to seriously watch something. But I think I'll make it my goal to do at least one review per week from now on. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,713
    Medals:
    Great stuff again! :D
    How do you do the reviews? Do you make notes while watching, or do you pause the episode every few minutes to write down what just happened and what your thoughts are?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Thank you, and yeah, I pause the episode every few minutes to type down something on wordpad. I could type while watching, but my fingers aren't fast enough, and I'm afraid I'll miss something important if I do that. X)

• Like Like x 3