How the Trump era brought back Dynasty dressing

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Pamela_E, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Medals:
    Once upon a time, the most talked-about family in the US was a collection of narcissists and nepotists, a flash, brash bunch with vast, brittle egos who loved to brag about their wealth and show off their designer wardrobes. They picked high-profile fights with anyone who crossed them and kept a global audience mesmerised with their provocative put-downs............

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...w-the-trump-era-brought-back-dynasty-dressing

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,709
    Medals:
    I don't mean to discredit the article but I have to say that this happens in fashion at least once every 5 or 6 years as far back as I can remember. The '80s keeps coming back. I don't think it really has that much to do with the trump. It keeps coming back because the look of the 1980s and power dressing is just a rehash of the 1940s and 1950s. And that look is just incredibly flattering to a woman's body. It's the time of the tailored skirt suit. It gives the look of an hour glass figure even to those that don't possess it. Broad tailored shoulders, nipped waist, fitted on the hips and heels to make it all more slender and statuesque.
    That look just keeps getting "reimagined" over and over.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +985
    Meanwhile at Camden Towers:

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,709
    Medals:
    I just had a look at all the Moschino stuff they have put up for the campaign. Like I mentioned earlier the set they created and the over all look of the girls with the hair is very DYNASTY. The clothes however are not. Models in jeans and what looks like a fancy tracksuit. I would have loved if Jeremy Scott went full balls to the wall with it like he did with the Barbie collection a few years back. The clothes here are not '80s, I guess this is modern power dressing.