1. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

How long will nuAlexis last?

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Emelee, Apr 22, 2019.

1. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    I guess the Wizard of Oz episode gave them the idea of Fallexis. Now, I have two reasons to dislike this episode ;)

Yep, technically they're already there. The real challenge was Orphan Black, with 3 or 4 characters in the same room dancing and interacting.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,172
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Agree. OB perfectioned this system amazingly.

upload_2019-4-24_18-37-4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,334
    Not to side track to much but since we're talking about the technical aspects of split screening etc;

Remember this video was released in 2002. I'm no Kylie fan but this video has always had me transfixed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +245
    When you go to Amy Sutherland's instagram she teases about the fact that it ain't over till the fat lady sings...
    Could it be possible that we haven't heard the last of her...?

Screenshot_20190425-133930.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Amy did a great job impersonating NS-Alexis under those bandages. But after seeing some acting demos of her, i'm not sure she's the one for the job. But i'd take her over Gillies without a blink. For the simple reason that Gillies as Alexis is the summum of ridiculousness.

Well, Joan Crawford (60 yo at the time) played a 24 yo character in a daytime soap, to replace her own daughter (who was sick) for 4 episodes : https://www.welovesoaps.net/2008/11/flashback-joan-crawford-takes-daughters.html

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    Yes, but everyone involved in Crawford's temporary gig knew this was a publicity stunt--and most importantly, knew it was temporary. There was also the unique relationship Joan and her daughter had off-screen (Mommie Dearest, anyone?) so the temp recast also had that unspoken layer of humoring a past-her-prime movie star.

I totally agree that Sutherland did an excellent job as "Burned Alexis," as in mannerisms and movements that mimicked Sheridan. It was easy to believe this was actually Nicollette under there, even as she was silent. I looked around but could not find a good picture of AS in the bandages, but this one looks more like Liz Gillies with the same bandaging:
    [​IMG]

They should have pulled her hospital gown up a bit more, because the neck (like the hands) is very difficult to change via plastic surgery. Plus, she supposedly had so much damage to her vocal cords that she was not able to speak one episode before. That damage would require other types of surgery to repair. But...hey, it's a soap.:re:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I've kept an eye on her social media since she was first announced for the two episodes. She comes across as lovely - and obviously has a great amount of time and love for the show, its employees and - very impressively - its fans. My reading of her responses is that she gives the impression casting sessions may well be underway for NuNu Alexis, and that she may be one of those being considered. I would take her any day over LG too @thomaswak .

Maybe she could be cast in a different - new- role for S3 otherwise. She seems very professional and likable, and the show runners would I'm sure be impressed by her contributions so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    Cynic as I am, I'll also point out that it doesn't hurt to butter up the producers at every opportunity when a plum role is available and you already have a foot in the door. To which I say, Butter away, Amy! Pour it on as thick as you can. You can never have too much butter, right?

[​IMG] "I wholeheartedly agree!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    I was watching NS Alexis first season clips today. Nicollette did a great job with the material she was given to. The more i think about it, the more I think the writers missed - again - the spot. They wasted Alexis and Sheridan.

About Gillies/Alexis blowing a kiss to real Adam, look here at 20:06, Sheridan/Alexis blowing a kiss to fake Adam :

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,334
    Agreed. Watching the youtube clip of Season 1 reinforces my opinion the writers made a major error in utilizing the time jump in Season 2. Who cares if they wished to distance themselves from Cristal/Celia. Stand by your principles and launch the next season by continuing on from the cliffhanger. There must have been a hell of a lot of material left on the cutting room floor. Season 2 has been all over the place but I'm confined to the realization Peach Dynasty is bad parody...so I'm rolling with it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Mason Carrington

Mason Carrington Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +25
    All that Youtube clip did was make me realise how much better season 1 was compared to season 2. It seems like they wrote Cristal into a corner and the only way to get out of it was to kill her off. And they did the same with Alexis, by making her trailer trash. If they hadn't done those two things, and kept writing the show in (at least) a semi-serious manner, we wouldn't have the mess we have today.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Season 1 had great moments, but also a lot of unnecessary "plots" and moments. But the season got me really interested when Alexis arrived. And the finale was great.

Season 2 part 1 was average till episode 11 or 12 (I guess) and get much more interesting when Alexis shots towards Cristal and Mark.

Except for THE reveal, latest episodes of season 2 are a very enjoyable and have improved. Adam is a nice addition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,301
    Medals:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Thanks. Reading this interview helped me to swallow this temporary (yet still ridiculous) situation.
    [​IMG]

The interview also confirms (as someone said here) that Gillies was impersonating NS voice too : "She has a very specific cadence in her speech, a way of talking that took a minute for me to make sure it was right."

Congratulations girl, you really captured her voice !

Reading the interview I also had the feeling that there was more reasons for NS sudden departure.

Amy (who played "Burned Alexis") will surely comeback under bandages to play "Secondary surgery Alexis" :D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Milescolby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    That would actually be a pretty good gag. I like it! :hats:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. JamesF

JamesF Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I'm glad this interview dropped now because whilst I still loathe it, it makes me far more inclined to go along for the ride.

I just find it really interesting that Patrick talks about the Alexis character in a way that doesn't translate to the way she is represented onscreen - this has been very much the case since she arrived.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Milescolby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    As much as I wasn’t so pleased with the reveal last week, Liz absolutely captures the essence of NS’ Alexis in that shot. Looking forward to seeing this now, and also to Nu Nu Alexis, if they can stop ruining the character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Milescolby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Exactly - and while light and shade is necessary, to know that the show is capable of that episode and then the Paris one AND then make it so inconsistent is the biggest disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,641
    Yeah, I wish we could force them into collective therapy so they would deal with their self-sabotage problems. It's one thing when a show just doesn't have what it takes. But when they produce some good episodes and then just say "the heck with it" for the rest, is incomprehensible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,136
    Medals:
    Season 1 probably should have been 13 episodes, that way a lot of the superfluous stuff could be cut, and Alexis could arrive sooner... oh, and since it'd be 13 episodes, Alexis could be in the final 6... which would be a tribute to the old fact that in the original series, that's how long Alexis was supposed to be around for. :D

Sadly, they didn't really need to kill off Cristal/Celia. They could have had her live and later on reconcile with Blake... in fact, remember that scene of Blake and Alexis making out in a pile of cash? They could have followed through with Alexis wanting to get back with Blake, only for him to scorn her in favor of Cristal/Celia.

Imagine the scene where Cristal (still played by Nathalie) tells Alexis that she is indeed pregnant with Blake's baby and not Mark's. That would carry more weight, since the characters have a history with each other, and the irony that Cristal's marriage to Blake didn't fail after all, that she got to reconcile with him while Alexis couldn't... well, no wonder Alexis would flip out the way she did.

Oh thank goodness! That's such a relief. Okay then, so they're bringing in a new actress, good. I'm still hoping for Elaine Hendrix! :D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1