1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's Coming

8/8 Not Long To Wait...

8/8 So Save The Date

Dismiss Notice

How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Discussion in 'Play Games' started by That Bowie Girl, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Just ignore her if she plays you up :giggle: she will become bored of her sulk and give you some new blooms as she seeks your attention again. Orkie is having a good run at the moment and is still behaving, we shall have to see if Christmas unsettles her.

They would be doomed without those ugly roots.

Oh no! and I've just been reading that they actually have guinea pig farms :eek:

"they're considered a delicacy and are usually cooked whole, often grilled, sometimes deep fried" <---TMI and somehow I dont think we will be adding them to our SC Cafe menu :mo:

Ooooo! she looks so very cute :kiss: and healthy too, I love the colour of her leaves, they're not pure white are they, a sort of Ivory colour I think. Thank you for showing us Michelle, she is gorgeous :bowing

I suppose Christmas isn't the ideal time to buy plants as they tend to produce and pack them in bulk, I am still going to buy one though :lol: probably this week.

I wish we had the Thanksgiving over here too, its such a worthy day. :D

Do you have the Christmas Markets over in the US? we usually visit at least one of these in the run up to Christmas, they're full of festive food, drink, gifts and music, they have a wonderful atmosphere.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    The Christmas Countdown Is Back On
    :ss2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle' EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:
    LOL, you know the tricks these orchids like to play on us humans. :laughing: It's good to hear that Orkie is very happy at this time and displaying blooms. PV is dropping blooms as she is sulking a bit but Snowy has kept most of her blooms so far.

You don't have any plans to toss Orkie into a tree for Christmas do you? That would unsettle her.

Those ugly roots have a specific name that I've heard but I forget it. :think:

Indeed, not guinea pigs on our menu. :ig:

Thank you! She is worrying me a little as some of her leaves are withered as she may be in shock. Overall she seems fine but the sudden death of Michelle as be on edge in any poinsettia decline. I'll take a photo of her with Snowy and PV soon. They all sit together talking to themselves. :lol:

Oh, please let us know if you do buy a poinsettia. :dance:

Even though I miss them due to my work schedule I agree it's a worthy day. It really starts the Christmas season over here.

Not as many as I know you have in Europe. The town I live in and many I travel through don't have any. This link does have some. https://www.travelmag.com/articles/20-best-christmas-markets-united-states/

Still no news about our eagles. It can't be much longer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Its taken me a while to learn that the trick is, to show them who is boss :box:

No :Clol: its far too cold outside, I couldn't be that cruel to her. She likes her home comforts and prefers to be near the radiator.

Is the word "aerial" - this is all I can remember :confused:

Aw they sound like a happy little family :D

I will do :gotcha: it might be this Friday or early next week.

Did I mention that I've bought a tiny Christmas tree? its real, has its own pot and is about 8 inches tall :lmao: I couldn't resist it looked so cute and once Christmas is over it can be planted outside. Right now its more of a small decoration.

Thank you for this link. I will read it in more detail and I notice from the photos they do look just like our markets. We are hoping to go to one next week and I suspect I will be tempted to buy further things we dont really need :hide:

Liberty and Freedom must be very busy right now, I wonder if they've finished the nest? I do still think of our Soap and Chat, this will be their first winter in the wild.

How are your Christmas preparations coming along? do you have much to do?

I do like your new Christmas name Michelle, it really suits you! :ss7: I need to get my avatar and signature updated, I am still all autumny.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    20 Days to go!
    :jumpingsnow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    19 days!
    :bbbb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Michelle Stevens

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:
    I learn so much from you. :hugs:These orchids now how to play their owners.

Orkie is so fortunate to have you. She seems so happy. I'm trying to find that balance with my two.

It was something scientific sounding in Latin I think. :confuse:

They seem to be. I just wonder what they say when I'm away. :think:

:heels:

That is such a good idea. I kinda hate to cut a good tree just for a few weeks for Christmas. Do you have a space outside you will plant it when Christmas is over?

I do wonder what Soap and Chat will think of snow.

I've started to decorate but besides that nothing. I did donate to SC but that isn't just for Christmas, that is to help ensure we get to 10,000 on this thread. :giggle:

Thank you! I do love your Christmas name and avatar and sig too. Sparkly Lashes! :spinning: Are you going to take magic lessons like before with your magic wand?

:Clol:

Remember too we have to get to #3000 by the end of the year to meet our goal. :bump:[/quote]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Latin? :yikey: Ooo I have no chance of ever remembering that, I can only just about understand the English language :lol:

They could be getting up to all-sorts of mischief :loon: maybe you could install CCTV to keep a closer eye on them?

The tree is so teeny tiny it will easily fit into our garden :D I will take a photo to show you.

Do you enjoy decorating? I dont mind doing the paintwork, but its always a relief when its all finished. Hope its going well for you.

Good thinking :gotcha: the last thing we want is to lose this thread after all these posts.

Do you think we might have added to the extra expense of keeping SC going? .... we have been extravagant in the SC Cafe :giggle:

Thank you :hanukka:and Michelle Stevens rocks that Santa hat!

I do need to attend a refresher course, its been a year since I last used the wand. So if you have any wishes Michelle, just ask me and I will try to fulfill your requests [​IMG]

If I have calculated this correctly then we need 72 more posts in 25 days, which is 2.8 posts per day. We can do this, we really can! :loony:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michelle Stevens

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:
    I may have to do that. My place always looks messier when I return and they look guilty of something on my return. :think:

Oh, I can't wait to see this teeny tiny tree. :roll: It will surely give you years of good memories.

Yes I do. Its the putting the things away that isn't fun. Are you all decorated for Christmas 'Lashes?

LOL! :floor: Yes, this thread, out hotness battle and the SC Cafe are a heavy burden this poor site's server to handle. No doubt our trips to Paris and Russia are a part of the reason this site is looking for donation. Maybe we should cut back on our lofty expenditures ... maybe... I don't know... what fun would that be. :think:

Well she rocks more than just hats but thank you! :cool1 You know I adore you fairy with wand signature. :spinning:

OMG, this was such fun to see again. Have your pesky alien friends given you the power of flight with those wings?

I would ask for the SC Hotness Crown but that is mine already. [​IMG] Your friendship is all I need.

Let's do it! :bump:

BTW, @That Snowy Girl , I love your avatar and sig.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Mmm.. very suspicious.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

I know what you mean. After working hard decorating the last thing I feel like doing is washing the paint brushes and clearing the mess away. Are you pleased with the finished result?

We shall be putting everything up this coming weekend :12: by which time I will also have my new Poinsettia.

I did feel a pang of guilt when SC needed funds :giggle:

I was hoping we might get a shiny new SC van for the new year, but on second thoughts maybe we should stick with the old one :hide: and at least my SC Shirtless Firefighters will always keep the old van running for us.

No-one has complained about our extravagances yet, so I say lets carry on :loony:

True and I could never compete with her earring collection.

[​IMG] <--- it wouldn't be Christmas without seeing her around. :lol: She might disappear for a while as I keep changing signatures over the next few days, but she will be back time and time again.

Yes, my sweet Aliens have given me many special gifts. You need to let the Aliens into your life Michelle :D

Erm ... I think you might be mistaken :yoyo:

You got it! :pals:

I agree :10:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    15 days!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Michelle Stevens

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:
    :giggle:

Oh how cute this little tree is. :11: I also love the pot she is in. Do you know what type of pine she is? She looks so happy. I'm sure Orkie has passed on a few tips for her to feel at home.

Generally yes! :ss9:

I can't wait to hear about the arrival of the new Poinsettia at the LL home.

I was at my local Walmart today and did stop in to peak at their gardening center and saw a poor looking red Poinsettia. It must have had a bad chill and looked like a goner. I was upset and knew it was probably too far gone for a rescue. :crazyme:I want a red one that will match my White Princess. I think she feels out of place with the two orchids by her side. :lol:

A new SC Van!!?? The one we have now is a 2018 model. No wonder SC has financial woes. Your SC Shirtless Firefighters ??? :mo:

This is true. :tv2:

:ig:

I don't know why but that is one of my favourite smiles. I makes me laugh each time I see it. :Clol:

Some of your gifts could destroy mankind. [​IMG] I am jealous of your Enforcer powers but even if I had that power for a day I'd probably lash-out on an hourly basis. :mad: I also would hate to replace my wardrobe so often. :yikey:

Nonsense 'Lashes! [​IMG]

LOL! That is so typical of a cat. :haha:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Thank you Mistletoe, I am glad you like it :12: I should have put a cup or something next to it so you would've got a better perspective of its tiny size.

I am sorry, I have no idea :giggle: it didn't come with a label. I will try and find out for you.

She hasn't arrived yet. Any day now though.

I had exactly the same experience this morning when I was in a small local shop, I saw a tatty looking one, it looked so poorly (poor thing) and I doubt I would have the skills to revive it, so sadly I walked away and left it there .... :(

Yes a red one will complement your White Princess perfectly :D

I do like a brand a new vehicle though :loony:

Yes, mine :p

Lol!...I guess she has become part of our Christmas tradition here on SC , I keep her in the attic of my profile page [​IMG]

This is true :danc:

That would be very scary :eek:

This can be a problem, which is why I have started to buy stretchy elasticated clothes :hide:

Aw those sweet little Minions :love5: (if only I had got them first)

It made me laugh too :lmao: I try looking for other funny gifs, but the cat ones are always the best.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Eagle Chat

[​IMG]
    I bring some good news ......

GOING LIVE DECEMBER 18, 2019 @ 12:00PM EASTERN!

:j1:

HDOnTap is excited to announce the 2019/2020 season launch of the Hanover, PA Bald Eagle nest cams! In coordination with the Pennsylvania Game Commission. HDOnTap visited the nest site to perform maintenance on the existing cameras as well as install a new PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) camera. It was clear that the eagles had been working on the nest prior to our arrival.

HDOnTap has since been monitoring the nest and Sentinel Tree for any eagle visits. The only actual nest visit capture on video is on October 28th. “Freedom” stopped by for a few minutes, looked around, adjusted a few sticks and left. Since then, the eagles have not been seen at the nest, to our knowledge, but have been seen at the Sentinel Tree lookout nearly every single day.

HDOnTap is grateful for intel on the eagles’ whereabouts that has been passed on by local resident Hanover nest community members. Based on their observations, the eagles do not appear to have nested in a different location as they have been frequently spotted in the Sentinel Tree as well as protecting the area from intruders.

I can't wait! :jum:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Only 12 days!

[​IMG]

:3:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Michelle Stevens

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:
    Do you have a name foe this tiny tree and is she a thirsty plant?

I was just curious and nosy. If you don't know that is okay.

:dance:

It's such a terrible feeling seeing such a sad plant that has been either neglected or abused. [​IMG]

It seems the tiny Poinsettias around here are all sold out so the red one may be bigger. We shall see.

:rolleyes:

:huh:

Oh please do. She is such a valued smiley.

And hot .... just saying. :p I'm thinking the SC Shirtless Firefighters wouldn't mind the early stages of a Michelle lash-out when I'm ripping out of my cloths. ;)

Well stretchy elastic undergarments would be the most important I would think. :think:

Pfft, as if they would follow you over me. :mo: They may love you but they worship Michelle.

We have to keep posting as our 31 December #3000 post is still 64 post away. :bump:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Michelle Stevens

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,672
    Medals:

Woohoo! I was wondering when it was going to return. I have been looking every few days to see. :heels:

:laughs:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    Its the tree with no name :D and yes it drinks lots, but its in the living room where its always warm. I will take another photo of it next to a cup so you get more of an idea of how small it is.

I know and I saw a few more today :( when I was in TESCOS.
    The good news is .... I have now bought a healthy red Poinsettia :sc:

.... I will let her settle in and then take a photo, perhaps tomorrow, she needs you to name her :dance:

Let me know how you get on.

Mmm .. whatever, whatever :NI:

Yes very important! :haha::haha:

I know they do :) and I am fine with this

.... actually, no, I am a bit jealous :hair:

Will we do it? :yikey: so many posts, so little time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,428
    Medals:
    [​IMG]
    EAGLE CHAT

According to the web-cam ....

The Hanover Nest Cams Return In ...

2 Days::15 Hours:: 2o minutes::and::15 Seconds