How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Discussion in 'Play Games' started by That Bowie Girl, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    I hope so! I am trying so hard not to over-water them as they are susceptible to root rot. I don't want turn into Bunny Heather and smother them with love. :hi:

Indeed and their air roots. I think they are native to Southeast Asia where they hanged from trees on a vertical location. Their roots are looking everywhere for moister.

I'm glad you're fine with that. :) I call her PV for short. A few of their blooms are wilted as I'm sure they have experienced some shock with the move.

Well the rumour is out there in the budge world.

[​IMG]

Speaking or poinsettia, my local grocery store had them today and I almost bought one but decided to wait at least a week. I want to give Snowy and PV one more week of exclusive care.

Holy moly! Orkie must be very happy indeed in your home. :danc:

The next question is where do you want to go when we get it? [​IMG]

Oh really? I'll have to ask on my next visit. :cool:

Yes you should and add that to your Long Lashes website of goods. I'd buy that! :obvious:

Did you notice we hit ... #2900!

[​IMG]
    :yeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Rebel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,175
    Yes it would. I turned one section of the garage and used room dividers to make a very colorful Hawaiian Cabana room. We put in a huge sliding glass door so when your in it you can still look at the lake. It's a nice place to gather with friends and family. We have to take it down every winter though because of the boats.

I do know the value of money but I am becoming the last of the big time spenders. :floor:
    I want it all and I want it now! :llooll:

I don't travel to places to see monuments and such but I do love our history.

Let's see......not sure if these are all hobbies but these are the things I love to do.
    Interior decorating or decorating of any kind.
    Collecting music and DVD's
    Boating
    Scuba diving in the lake
    Jet skiing
    Snowmobiling although last year it was way to cold for me lol.
    Swimming
    Reading but I haven't had time for that lately
    Love the Sunshine and being on the beach
    I started collecting rare coins years ago with my Dad.
    Cars
    Racing
    Antique car shows
    I also enjoy playing Tennis, Basketball, Crockett, Boce Ball and Badminton
    Nature lover and being outdoors

Let see I guess that is enough for now. :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Same here and these ones too. :spinning:

:usa::loveit:

What about you Michelle any hobbies you would like to share. I know you love to travel. :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. That Bowie Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,175
    2903!

We better get a move on now! :roll::roll:

:giddy:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    :ms:

Lucky you!

I know what you mean, I wanted it to go forever :( I might re-watch it next year as it took me a little while to get into it and I might've missed some good stuff in the earlier episodes.

That must be fascinating for you to see. I imagine the house and the surrounding area looked different back then.

I could start by asking for one of these and then gradually work up to a full size pool (in my dreams :lmao:)

Very true, although our own building work tends to come second to whatever job he is doing. I have learned to be patient (and live with dust) over the years ;)

All this doesn't sound too bad when you consider just how much work you needed to do when you first moved. When you think back you must be pleased at how much you've both accomplished. Are the steps down to the beach okay now?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    :Clol: .... you are far too sensible to morph into BH.

I didn't know any of this, thank you for educating me Michelle

[​IMG]

^^ this explains why they're planted in bark and moss :D

PV suits her perfectly. Never worry about wilted blooms, I am sure she will perk up again under your care.

OMG the budgies! :haha::haha:

Does this mean you're definitely going to buy one this year? :hats:

Anywhere, I will just be happy to pose elegantly on deck :loony: do you have anywhere in mind?

The life story of Michelle the poinsettia would be a short, very short book, but its the quality and not the quantity which is most important. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    Fabulous! :dd:

We can do this! :D

post! post! post! :gidd:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    I hope so. I just don't want to hurt Snowy and PV with kindness. :yikey:

At first I thought you tossed Orkie into a tree. :eck: Does Orkie have both bark and moss? Snowy and PV have bark with a layer or moss on top.

I hope so. I think they are a little stressed with the move and it can get chilly at night so I'm mindful of their sensitivities. If all goes well in the spring I'll get them fresh medium for their roots. I'm not sure how old their bark is and I will have to cut off dead roots.

I found this Youtuber to be very informative on Orchid care.

I found this one interesting in their care. I almost came to tear with this poor orchid. She was not happy. :(

:p

That is the plan! :) I want a small one as I know they grow.

We could always use good posing and having your alter-ego (The Enforcer) ready to handle danger is nice to have. :gotcha: I'm thinking the Canary Islands. What do you think?

Indeed. She did live longer than most in her nursery no doubt but it was still a short life. I'm eager to read about her and her life in the LL house. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    Boats, you have more than one?

Well life is short so it's nice to treat oneself to nice things from time to time. You deserve it! :)

Wow, you are an active and interesting person. :yikey:

Haunting Soap Chat with my silliness, drawing, travel, cars, orchid (and soon to be poinsettia) care, .... there is more but I'm boring compared to your active life. :hide:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    :haha::haha:

Yes, more bark than moss. The moss isn't neatly placed like yours, Orkies is sort of mixed in with the bark.

They will settle down and grow to love being safe and cared for in your home :)

Thats a very interesting video thank you for showing me. I had no idea I needed to do so much :eck: poor Orkie its a miracle shes survived this long, she must be very tough.

"Stressed Orchids" ... aw poor plant :( very informative information though.

Seeing Miss Orchid Girl deal with all those long roots was like watching open-heart surgery :lol: . Once springtime arrives I need to check out Orkies roots and cut off the dead ones and I need to buy some special Orchid feed, up until now shes just had the generic plant once in a while. Like I said, she must be very tough to have got this far unaided :box:

Wonderful! and please remember Michelle - a Poinsettia is not just for Christmas :mo: its for life! [​IMG]

One can never over-pose :danc:

A great idea :gotcha: sunny weather and clean beaches will do just fine.

I just need to check something, thats not where the budgies come from is it? :yikey:

I need to get cracking writing her life story :D - The Life And Times Of Michelle The Red Poinsettia

Is it a red Poinsettia you have in mind Michelle or do you prefer another colour instead?

Are you all getting excited for Thanksgiving? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    Well mine it's too neat, well the moss isn't. I take that off during watering and I've had trouble getting it back on in a tidy way. :crazyme:

I so hope so. Of the two Snowy concerns me more as her leaves never look as happy as PV's. Snowy does have better roots but I worry.

Well Orkie must must really enjoy what you are doing. You're doing something right. :gotcha:

I do enjoy watching Miss Orchid Girl's videos. I think she lives in Romania and her information is very thorough.

She has saved so many poor orchids, she's my hero. :dance: Indeed, she knows her way around those roots. Is Orkie in her original medium, bark? If she is happy it must be good.

:ig: You are so correct! :jolly:

LOL, so true! :)

I'll have to look that up as they may be out to find you if they suspect you of crimes. Look at them in Australia...

[​IMG]

It would be nice as a Christmas gift to help sell and save poinsettias. :cool1

I wasn't going to say this until I got them but I want a red one and a white one. I don't want a lonely poinsettia. I know I'm crazy. :confuse:

Well I have to work all week but it's a very nice holiday to eat and be merry.

• Like Like x 2
  11. That Bowie Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,175
    If you do a re-watch I am in! We could post about it even? The ending was almost perfect. Would rather he had stayed home. I don't know why in the final season they added that new character. A lot of shows do this but overall the whole season was fabulous! :danc:

and what about the Forsyte Saga have you re-watched this one yet? We could do that one too and post about it. :spinning:We were going to do that a couple years ago. :D

It was just the back of the house where the 3 bedrooms and main bath are now. Some cottages were here and some weren't it was very interesting to look at.

Same here....since our move he wants to be outside all the time so the inside takes a backseat which I don't blame him for one bit. I would rather be outside too. :swing: I know that Mr. LL is amazing at getting things done though when he can. :cool:

We have had to redo them here and there because of the bluff. But we have the best stairs out of everyone. No I am not bragging :lmao: all the cottages had to use our stairs to get to the beach this summer. Which I was very happy to have them use them. :cool1

No way nothing is silly at all as long as you enjoy it! :hats:

Well at the moment I am not active much at all. Everything I do is at different times of the year. Right now it's all about the inside because it's too cold outside. :(

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    Its good to have a challenge :D

Maybe they're in a slightly different growth period individually? I am only guessing, but perhaps each will have a time to shine whilst the other relaxes and puts their feet up :lol:

She is very knowledgeable. Its reassuring to find someone with experience and good advice for us novices.

Yes she is. I've never given it a second thought until now, I will keep an eye on it in case it goes all mushy.

Crikey! at first glance they look like green leaves. This is how they should live, free and in the wild :)

The Canary Islands (funnily enough) have wild canaries ....

[​IMG]

Some people keep Canaries (like budgies) over here as pets.

This is a great idea. I think the red and white plants will compliment each other, the white ones are very pretty. Are we going to name them? :D

I hope work goes well for you and that the thanksgiving atmosphere spreads happiness [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    I like this idea :D

Yes, I loved it too. I didn't really like him going off to sea again because I needed to know if he got home safely and in time for the new baby.

I haven't re-watched this either so this is another on my catch-up list.

[​IMG]

:love7:

Sounds like you have your priorities right. Life is for living and even though we need to get certain jobs/decorating done it all comes together in the end.

He is, yes and he works for me for free :loony:

Mt TBG must have done an awesome job at fixing them up, that must be very hard work considering the steep bluff.

Beautiful writing! hope your day is fantastic too. Have you been taking calligraphy lessons? :cool1

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    So true. With my blooms starting to end I'm curious when they will shoot up a new spike with buds again. I think I'll have a few months of sulking like you had with Orkie.

Indeed. I catch one of her videos when I have some free time. Now I need a poinsettia expert like Dani the Orchid Girl.

Do you have a transparent pot for Orkie to see her roots? I have those for Snowy and PV. I watered Snowy today and the transparent pots are good for seeing if any water collects.

Indeed! :ig:

Canaries are hard to find here in the US. Not as abundant as Budgies or Finches. Did you have a Canary at any time?

That was what I was thinking. I like having two of everything. Even plants need friends. I just hope they like one another. :confused:

Well after hearing me babble on about poinsettias my mother bought me a white one yesterday. :dance: She is very small but I will share here with you soon. A red one is now all I need. I have a name idea for the white one but I'll leave it up to you for the red one.

I may not be here much this week as Michelle will be working more than ever. I really like the Thanksgiving smiley you used here. :gotcha: Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    You might do, its going to be interesting to see what happens. At least you will know its not unusual for Orchids to throw off their blooms in a tantrum and sulk for a while :lol: ... they always come round and cheer-up again.

Oh so do I. I was in TESCOS this morning :D and I almost, nearly, but not quite put a Poinsettia into my trolley. I think I will leave it another week they had hundreds.

Yes, same here we have a transparent pot. Although, I put the pot into a prettier plant pot like you have done. I must admit their roots are not attractive to look at, they remind me of worms :eek: I will have to be brave in the spring when I intend to inspect them.

We never had a canary, one of my school friends had two in a cage (poor things) I just had my guinea-pig :catface:

:Clol: ... hopefully they will get along fine, it might even spur them on to compete with each other as to who can give you the best display.

Yipee! :gidd: and your Mother is very, very kind.

I like the sound of her already :loony:

Ooo what is it? do tell :D

Thank you, this would be an absolute homour to do :hat:and you my friend can name mine, if you dont mind.

Aw, you will be very much missed :ch: I hope you dont have to work too hard. Do not worry about our Cafe I will have that covered its the least I can do. ;)

The same to you Michelle ....

[​IMG]

See you when you can :gotcha:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

:jump2:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    LOL! I can see Snowy and PV throwing such a tantrum. PV seems the type more than Snowy. :floor:

I did the same thing at my local grocery store the other day. I was so tempted but I will wait for my red Poinsettia.

Whatever Poinsettia you choose to take home will be so lucky, I can't wait. :wave:

Yes, green worms. Actually the root is inside that wormy thing. It's very thin. That think wormy thing hold the water. Miss Orchid Girl had a name for those but it escapes me. :think: Yes, I remember your lovely orchid pot where Orkie lives. :)

I had a guinea pig as well. A very interesting pet. What colour was yours as I think we talk about this before but I sometimes forget. :crazyme:

That would be fun to watch but survival is my main goal for starters.

She as indeed. It was a true surprise. :dance:

I'm eager to show her to you. :D

I was thinking White Princess as I treat them like royalty and all my plants are female in my head. :confused: She is a very small White Princess now with a few bruised leaves from her time in the store. Those leave tell a story.

Agreed! :gotcha: The honor is all mine.

Oh, thank you! I'll do Christmas at the SC Cafe if you want me to. We can't trust BH or NN with the cafe. ;)

Thank you for the kind words! :hugs:

Thank you!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    It sounds like PV is the one with the attitude :danc:

I will take a photo once I've bought one :D .... at least if things dont go well for my Poinsettia I will have before and after photos..Lol!

"wormy thing" describes the roots perfectly :eek:

We have talked about so many things its hard to remember everything :lol: My guinea pig looked similar to this...

[​IMG]

What colour was yours Michelle? (sorry, my memory lets me down sometimes :crazyme:)

This is such a cute name :gotcha: and I like the reason why you chose this name too.

She sounds very pretty, poor thing being bruised in the shop. At least she is in safe hands now.

We can share the Christmas shifts if you like? :ss7: and we will definitely close on Christmas day.

Thank you Michelle and BH says .... :hi:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,368
    Medals:
    To all our friends across the pond, wishing you a...

[​IMG]

enjoy!

:usa:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  20. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,995
    Medals:
    She is. Her leaves are healthier but she is throwing off her blooms quicker than Snowy. I think PV is heading for a tantrum.

Good idea. :gotcha:

I have seen some of these wormy roots on Dani/Miss Orchid Girl's orchids and they are everywhere. I removed my moss for now to help them grow more. If I see new roots I'll be happy even if they aren't attractive.

Oh, mine was nearly this colour too. Maybe slightly darker. Peruvians eat these poor little guys. :eck:

As promised here is White Princess....
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    I'll share more of her with her new orchid friends soon.

Walmart may have bruised her in the Christmas hustle. :fp:

Agreed! I can kick back on Christmas. :byee:

I hope she wasn't too much of a handful. :hide:

Thank you @Long Lashes! It's a nice holiday to get together with family and be thankful for the things we have in life. I am thankful to have met many fine people here on this forum over the past eight years. Many of you have enriched my life. :group:

• Winner Winner x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)