How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Discussion in 'Play Games' started by That Bowie Girl, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Oh my, no, I haven't told her :no: I told her a white lie and said Michelle has moved away to a new place, which is sort of true.

I saw some possibilities yesterday when I was in TESCO'S, they're already selling them. I will leave it until we are a couple of weeks away from Christmas before buying one, so at least it might still be alive on Christmas day :lol:

My orchid came so close to this fate :giggle:

Don't remind me of all those poor little reds in that video :cry:

You bought an Orchid? :giddy: Woo- hoo!!

She is gorgeous! :bravo1: Wow, I really like the white blossoms, they remind me of snowdrops and she has so many of them.

OMG Another one! :giddy: and she is very beautiful too :gotcha: those plant pots are very smart. They are very lucky plants to be rescued by a caring owner , the shops do tend to let plants dry out too much.

It would be an honour, thank you Michelle :ch:

For the white one how about Snowy?
    For the red-violet how about simply Violet?
    Or another name for either Orchid could be Our-kid? (this is a term of endearment some people use for a younger sibling over here) :D

I will let Orkie know she now has American cousins.

Thats the one :gotcha: and if TESCO'S refuse to sponsor a SC yacht then I will start shopping in ASDA instead. Do you guys have a TESCO or ASDA in the US?

:love: :tv: :byee:

no, I haven't noticed, where are they? :confused:

Lol! ... :pig:

Keep me up to date with how your Orchids are settling in :tv2:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    EAGLE CHAT
    [​IMG]
    I wouldn't dream of letting our Eagle thread anywhere near the gremlins and their stinky spam :mad:

Lol!..I bet they are using all kinds of expletives when they're off hunting together.

Oh bless em' they look so cold.

This is a great photo :clap: they have a huge respect for each other.

I love those yellow feet :loon:

especially on the chicks when they haven't yet grown into them, they look like huge yellow flippers with a ball of fluff on top :lol:

Thank you for these images Michelle :10:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Ooo do keep yourself safe and I hope your storm isn't too stormy tomorrow.

If you lose power does the internet go off.:eck:

Do you need to change the tyres and put winter ones on?

I was reading something about this the other day, when some people in the UK do this their car insurance goes up as its classed as modifying the vehicle :rolleyes: madness! I don't have winter tyres by the way, I just gracefully slip and slide along the roads :cool1

This reminds me, one of my brothers had a well in his garden when he lived in Spain. One day he lifted the lid and thought it felt very heavy and when he looked in the lid their was a snake curled up under it :eek::eek::eek::eek: Like me he is terrified of them, so his wife had to calm him down and go and sort the snake out :lmao:

It must be devastating for those who have lost their homes this way. Glad you're not too close to the lake or have trees in your garden.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    Understood!

I am a bit of a goof. :p May I ask how old is your house?

Lakefront property has it's risks as they found out. :eek:

Your winters are harsh on vehicles. Would you ever consider one of those aluminum bodied F-series trucks in the future? They can be super pricey.

Chat away! I enjoy talking with you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    Aww. :( She must still be lonely.

Good thinking! Wow, so early. Hopefully your next one lives past July. :hide:

:omg:

LOL, yes indeed!

I couldn't resist. I felt so sorry for these two unloved orchids that no one wanted.

She is indeed! Thank you! I've reading and watching videos on their care to make sure she survives the winter.

I just couldn't bear seeing that lonely orchid by itself as if the whole world didn't want it. I had no need to go to the grocery store but to rescue that poor plant. I might have to establish a world orchid and poinsettia rescue. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, they were both dry and I think that could be why some of their blooms are dried.

I love these names! :hug: Snowy and Violet! If they survive and blossom again next year I my try to get Keiki Paste and see if they get a baby from one or both of them. I just want to get them to survive at this point. Our-kid could be a good name for an offspring don't you think? :)

Yes, please inform Orkie she now has family on the other side of the pond. :dance:

Good idea but Michelle has got these TESCO executives where she wants them. :D We have neither here, we have Walmarts which is roughly the same thing. I only have been briefly in a Tesco while in Greenock, Scotland in '17. When I make it back over there I'll visit them again.

This one looks naughty. :two: What is Ome or the Admins thinking of. :giggle:

Someone was having fun getting these. :lego:

I shall and thank you for sharing your experiences with Orkie and the late- Michelle. You've opened me into this world of flower and plant care and I appreciate that. :pals:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    EAGLE CHAT
    [​IMG]

Then we would need the help of The Enforcer. :mad:

Indeed! One wonders how long they have been together. :think:

So true, their feet are overgrown from near the start. At least we humans have proportionally sized feet as a baby.

My pleasure my friend. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Rebel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,115
    My count is getting to high on the main page I can't go over to music and post tonight...... like I want too. :eck:

Yes of course it does you nutter butter :haha:

Tyres...we spell that tires :floor: That isn't right that it's modifying your vehicle your insurance company should view as safer driving. Well slip all you want just don't skid off the road.

We take the risks because of our love for the lake. There actually used to be roads and apple orchards in front of our place years and years ago where our bluff ends now. So it's a slow process.

It was built in pieces LOL. The man we bought this house from built it himself starting in 1966. He first added on the back which is now three bedrooms and a bath. Then he added on a hallway with a half bath an entry way and an office. Then he added on the great room which is our living room and kitchen combined and then last but not least he added on the sunroom. The couple were in there upper 80's and very sad to be leaving here. They wanted me to keep the way they had it and not do any decorating...well...if they could see it now. Oh and he bought a double lot so he could build a three car garage next to the house. WOW I am chatty today. :rlol:

Yes but they are slim at best. No one worries about it..if it happens we can always rebuild. Like the other family is. We have over an acre of land so we won't have to worry in our lifetime.

Nope No Way No How. I love the Dodge Rams and I will stick to them until I die. :D

I hope everyone is having a good night. I have to go check out what words and members have chosen words in the music forum now. I hope my post count is down so I can post tomorrow.....I am weird about that aren't I? :fp:

Have a great night!!! I may be back you never know.

Tell me something about you Michelle. :spinning:

What type of city or town do you live in etc.

Now my posts are getting super long. :byee:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    Woohoo, we're back! :heels:

Very interesting! It is sad when someone put some much time into their home has to leave due to age. At least you and Mr. TBG have taken great care of it. Do you have a garage?

Mopar or no car I see. Did you know Rams are sold in both the new style (2019 restyle) and the Classic (2009 style). I like the idea of keeping the older model in production to save money and as a lower priced model for a few years. I think I read that Rams have outsold Chevrolet Silverados or are close to doing so on a year to year basis.

You should see the weekly post counts now that the forum was down for nearly a week. :yikey:

The town I live in a kind boring but close enough to towns and cities in the region. If one is a American Civil War fan there are plenty of things to find around here.

Nonsense, you have a lot to say and we enjoy reading what is on your mind. :tv2:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Its like it was meant to be and that you would rescue them :)

You do far more than I do :lol: I just water Orkie and hope for the best. Maybe you could pass some tips onto me.

Aw that last Orchid was tugging at your heart. Yes, you could start an orchid and poinsettia rescue centre. You would need to invest in a van to collect all the abused and neglected plants and get some flyers printed such as "A Poinsettia is not just for Christmas" <--- I used to think they were and would bin them in the new year :eck:

:ex:

Oh how clever! :clap:

This would be perfect :D I don't know about you guys in the US , but I pronounce "our-kid" as "r -kid" which does sound similar to" Orchid"

I did do and she replied by producing some new blooms - I think she realises she has some serious competition now :Clol:

This is good news considering our dream of having a SC yacht :jolly:

Lol! ... TESCOS would be the highlight of your visit to this country :floor: they also have a cafe so you make a day of it :yep:

:yw: and just remember how it was you who saved Michelle's life.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Its suddenly very low :D

"nutter butter" - thats another new saying I'm going to start using :lol:

Do you? Oh this explains why SC kept trying to tell me I was spelling it wrong.

I like the idea of a house being built and added on to gradually over the years . It sounds like a far more unique home.

Ooo, it shows how much they must have loved their home and living there. Your house has been a happy home. All we have added is a conservatory and extended the kitchen, but I do have plans, lots of them - which Mr L isn't aware of yet [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Friday

but not just any old Friday, its a very special day today

[​IMG]

You can never have too much cake :D and you can have the hot crown just for today

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  12. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    I just hope they live.

Well you must be doing something right. Orkie looks amazing. Are her roots on bark chips and moss? I have that for Snowy and PV. PV stands for Pinkie Violet. There was so much pink in her blooms I just have to add that to her name.

Just imagine the crimes against Poinsettia kind you had committed before Michelle came along.

Yes PV really looked so lonely all by herself the day I bought her. I can't imagine what would have happened if she stayed there much longer. :(

I see! I pronounce it "or-kid". I learn so much from you 'Lashes. :)

She has no need to compete against Snowy or PV. They are all friends. Orkie my have to compete against any future poinsettia you may get.

BTW, how may times had Orkie bloomed?

I'd like to have this yacht by Christmas but these TESCO executives really like to put me through my paces. :spinning:

I'm sure their cafe isn't as nice as our beloved SC Cafe. I do like looking at grocery stores in countries I visit as it tells a story of it's people.

Well we both did! She lived so much longer then most of those she was with in her nursery. She is forever famous now. :danc:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    Thank you 'Lashes for calling a temporary truce in our hotness battles for my birthday. :D

:best:

• Like Like x 1
  14. That Bowie Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,115
    I hope you enjoyed your birthday @Michelle Stevens

:bs:
    I will reply to your and LL's posts tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    I have and I so appreciate your warm birthday wishes my friend. :pals:

:byee:

16. That Bowie Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,115
    I am replying to one I already replied too. :floor:

Let's see if I can get back on track?

Yes we were very lucky the man who built our house bought 2 lots of land instead of 1 so we have a 3 car garage but it's so full of toys we can't park our vehicles in it. :laughing:

Well that is only true with Trucks. I test drove a new Ram Tradesman it's a very simple truck and lower to the ground the 1 I tested was around 25k I think and I didn't think it was worth that price.

Are you a fan of the civil war Michelle? I find it all very interesting.

Usually it's opposite I think as SC is on a Britain forum. :)

Yes @Long Lashes I think you should call Mr. L a nutter butter and let me know how he takes it. :floor:

It really is unique and he built it with peaks on each end so we call it Twin Peaks on the lake :D

What's going on with your indoor swimming pool........has he agreed to that yet? :danc:

Have you seen the endless pools? They are stationary and they have jet streams coming at you so you feel like your swimming. I want one for my sun room. Tell us your other plans I promise I won't tell him. :ms:

Your welcome and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your day! :spinning:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    I am sure they will thrive with all your care.

Yes they are. The roots are not pretty are they? but their blooms make up for it :D

Pinkie Violet it is then :gotcha:

Gulp!! Please don't let the budgies know :yikey:

Approximately 8 times, I think.

Ooo I can just imagine our the SC yacht :j1: maybe 2020 will be the year!

Thats a great observation which I have never thought of before. TESCO will tell you a lot about me :laughing:

Do you think I should write her autobiography? it could be titled something like - "My Life With The LL's" :D

You're very welcome my friend. Back to business now though :box:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Long Lashes

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,269
    Medals:
    Oh my, some days my spelling is awful and then other days I can spell anything :confuse:

This forum though, doesn't like me saying - colour, apologise, behaviour, humour, theatre <---- all these words have a red line under them right now :lol:

I will do. Next time Mr TBG is unwell you should call him "a poor little mite" :Clol: and when he is better, mention how "chuffed" you are :floor:

This sounds great. I like how you know the whole history of your home.

No :lmao: that one is still a secret, a great big secret!

Ooo I want one too :D

Its nothing too exciting (unlike the pool :lol:). I would like to rebuild our patio, a new garden wall in the front garden, add another bathroom and a separate utility room...all this is just for starters.. Lol!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. That Bowie Girl

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,115
    I might be wrong.....oh the horrors of being wrong. :Clol:

It's funny because I get a lot of different words here on SC and I have used some on Mr. TBG and it doesn't faze him one bit. He always thinks I get it from a tv show. :tv2:

Speaking of TV shows @Long Lashes.......now no spoilers please but I have all 8 episodes of the last season of Poldark on my DVR. I am looking forward to seeing it with sadness that it's the last season. :sad: I was able to wait the 8 weeks so I can watch the episodes as fast or as slow as I want. :loony:

So do I it's great knowing it all and it helps that it has only had 1 owner. This little old guy came to my door and gave me aerial shots of our house and the area from 1966. I thought that was so nice of him. :danc:

I knew you would and it's cheaper than a whole indoor pool. Maybe Mr. L would be more willing to get that kind of pool. They don't take up a ton of space either. I want one too! :cool:

That's quite a bit for starters lol. We are lucky we both married men that can do all that work for us. :danc:
    When you own a house there is always ongoing project to get done and it's fun! My list for this winter is getting a new insert for our fireplace, updating but not redoing the whole main bathroom, getting the generator installed (which is already in the works) and I think I want to repaint the some rooms. So far that is it. I am sure I will add more.

upload_2019-11-17_19-22-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Michelle Stevens

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,908
    Medals:
    One needs place for their toys, I understand. Would your truck fit in a garage if it were empty, clearance wise?

Well you know the value of money and what you want which is very important. So many people are not.

I have an interest in all history and I've been to my local battlefields and so forth but it's not a hobby of mine of anything. It's just great that photography existed at that time. The Revolutionary War is kinda forgotten as it wasn't photographed. To actually see a photo of Abraham Lincoln or Stonewall Jackson makes it more "real". There are no photos of George Washington or Benjamin Franklin.

Do you have any hobbies @That Bowie Girl , besides David Bowie.

:yep:... I like this new Bowie smiley.

• Like Like x 2

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)