1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long have you been a fan of Dallas?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Karin Schill, Sep 12, 2016.

?

How long have you been a fan of Dallas?

1. Since Original Run (1978-1991)

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. Since 1990s reruns

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Since Soapnet reruns (2000s)

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. SInce DVD releases (2004-2011)

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Since Dallas TNT (2012-2014)

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Steven Wayne

Steven Wayne Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +81
    DALLAS came to German TV in 1981, and then Black Market Baby did it for me. Since then I have never stopped being a fan!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,482
    Since the original run. I'd been a great fan of I Dream of Jeannie and followed Larry Hagman through the short-lived sitcoms The Good Life (with Donna Mills) and then Here We Go Again. Dallas started as just the next one but became much more than that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,858
    I've been a fan since the first episode which I watched when I was still in junior school back in the late 1970s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    I started watching Dallas during the TNN reruns in September 1996. I was 13 at the time, and a big fan of The Dukes of Hazzard. I would watch the reruns all the time on TNN, and started seeing commercials for Dallas. I didn't think anything of it at the time. However, I flipped through the channels one day and caught the show during the hostage scene of "Winds of Vengeance." It caught my attention, and I was hooked from then on.

I can also recall when I saw Jock's death for the first time. I had no idea that Jim Davis had died in real life, so I was pretty devastated when I saw the tribute to him at the end. It caught me off guard, and I remember being depressed over it for quite some time. That's when I knew just how hooked I was. I also thought the show would end soon after because I didn't think it would continue without him. Of course, I was obviously in for a big shock! In a way, I consider myself lucky to have grown up without the Internet. Although the show was already 18 years old when I first saw it, I had no outside influence to spoil it for me.

As a side note, my mom once asked me what I was watching during an early episode. I told her it was an old show with an older Major Nelson and a young Frank Lambert! :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Christophersmom

Christophersmom Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Service Coordinator / Material Handling co.
    Ratings:
    +49
    Original run... I was a child during the Original run but loved to watch ... Dad got me into it he was a big JR fan ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. DALLASguy

DALLASguy Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +331
    IMG_4983.JPG I have been a fan since 1980, Danish television aired the first episode december 1980 ... and a Big DALLAS Fan Forever ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  7. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +908
    I have been a fan since the first day it aired on the french televesion in 1981 ; I was ten years then I became and still I'am a great fan of Dallas

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,327
    Since I was a very small child. I made my first scrapbook on the show aged 5 in 1981. I still have it!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,691
    I began watching Dallas from its first airing here in Oz. I would have been only 13 or 14 at the time. Since most American shows were screened in our Winter, long after their screening in the northern hemisphere, I would imagine there was a lot of buzz surrounding this "New" show. Looking back I'm surprised my parents allowed me to watch it with its "Sex, Sin, Scandal" tag. Perhaps I was a late bloomer and those type of things washed over me...lol. Today it is still my favourite show of all time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,464
    DALLAS came to Italy TV in 1981, and since then I never stopped being a fan !

Of course, I also visited the Southfork Ranch many years ago.

• Like Like x 2