Hollyoaks Hollyoaks

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    Shame its their weakest actor that's holding on.

I wonder if Jason & Robbie will come to Joe's funeral.

• Like Like x 1
  2. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Oh well. Two deaths (one deliberate murder), 3 attempted murders (one posthumous!), three cast departures, four different opening title sequences, a slapping, a prison release, prisoner statement retractions, a family vanishing, at least two revenge plots launched, stolen money being stolen and stolen back, a marriage proposal, two relationships rekindled only to be broken again the same day, another relationship broken up, two characters who don't speak to each other providing comfort for each other, dead siblings remembered, Warren Fox deciding which of two people to rescue from a burning maze, a dead character's video, some will scheming and bluffing and some arson at the funfair. That concludes another quiet week on Hollyoaks.
    1910955_f520.jpg
    If they hold it in Hollyoaks. Sandy Roscoe (who was played by Gillian Taylforth) might make arrangements from South Africa. Didn't Kathy Beale from EastEnders live out there too? I often wonder about Charlie Clapham's appeal. A couple of months back it was mentioned that Bryan Kirkwood saw the Freddie/Ellie relationship as important for the future of the show. So he might be around for quite a lengthy time (in Hollyoaks cast turnover terms, at least a year).

image_1370_3.jpg landscape_soaps-hollyoaks-3623-1.jpg that-s-one-way-of-making-some-extra-pocket-money-35810_w1020h450c1cx347cy199.jpg

But in the meantime, I'll get back to the in-depth magazine interview with Stephanie Waring:
    xxve4unxhopdxxeo.jpg ukloaded0909stephaniewaring006.jpg ukloaded0909stephaniewaring005.jpg images_001.jpg images.jpg stephanie6.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    Well, when you put it like that...:floor:

Yeah, I believe she did and now she has two reasons to return, one for the funeral and one for the kids...

They put him forward for best male actor in one of the recent award ceremony's (I forget which one) and that puzzled me. More so because I think the actors playing Ste, John Paul, Joe, Cameron & James come across much more believable in their roles. I could only put it down to them thinking he would win it on looks alone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    I've read some people's complaints about Joe being switched off very rapidly and needing opinions of senior medical staff, rather than have Tegan deliver the news.
    Charlie Clapham was nominated for the Best Actor at the 2016 British Soap Awards this year, having been up for but not making the shortlist for that award in 2015, and had been nominated for the Best Newcomer in 2014. The topic came up on Digital Spy and someone said, "Mr Clapham is an example to all young actors. His performance is a masterclass in how a single all-purpose facial expression can adapt to any situation, no matter how ridiculous or contrived."

Gillian Taylforth did an interview for The Sun in June, where she mentioned that she didn't think she would be back on Hollyoaks again and considered working on EastEnders as being back where she belongs. The video of the interview is here:
    " 'Oaks gossip
    Sandy Roscoe to return to Hollyoaks? Actress Gillian Taylforth weighs in

Reveals why character failed to come back to Cheshire-based soap for funerals of on-screen sons"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...ollyoaks-actress-gillian-taylforth-weighs-in/
    ----------------------------------
    dannymac4.jpg

5. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    The last couple of weeks saw someone looking like Silas Blissett in Holby City Hospital. People who looked like Patrick Blake and Joanne Cardsley used to work there too. While someone who looks like Lewis Richardson still works there. Someone who looks like Lindsey Roscoe is a pregnant patient tonight in the ED (no gloves), with Trudie Goodwin as her mum and Jaye Griffiths as a series regular. Trudie Goodwin was a regular in Emmerdale and on Casualty, Rik Makarem is a regular and he played one of her Emmerdale character's sons. So there are sort of two Trudie Goodwin reunions going on at the same time. With a former Hollyoaks regular, whose presence in hospitals can be worrying.

6. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Poor Joe, my favorite Roscoe, shame he has gone. [​IMG]

I thought both Jennifer Metcalfe and Anna Passey were excellent in Friday's instalment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Well, they said that Ayden Callaghan said that he wanted to leave. Jennifer Metcalfe did a little Bye-Bye Ayden video, saying that she is sorry that he is going but adding that with Joe gone, it it provides some strong material for Mercedes, which she is looking forward to. There is a nice Facebook posted video of Joe's best moments.

Friday's instalment? Oh, the Mercedes/Sienna scene first went out on Wednesday on E4 at 7pm (E4+1 at 8pm), aired Thursday on Channel 4 HD at 6.30pm (Channel 4+1 at 7.30pm) and was repeated on E4 on Friday at 6.45am (E4+1 at 7.45am). I like the morning repeat because you usually don't get someone announcing all over the end title music. I watched it on Wednesday. And I watched it on Thursday. And Friday. It was in this morning's early morning omnibus and is in this morning's later morning omnibus too.

8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    "Hollyoaks spoilers: Sienna Blake to seduce Warren Fox’s vicar son Joel?"
    [​IMG]
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Saturday 5 Nov 2016 11:58 pm

Sienna Blake targets Warren Fox’s son Joel in coming scenes as her Hollyoaks revenge plot takes shape. Having lost her daughter Nico in the recent fire started by Cameron Campbell, Sienna fully blames Warren for the death seeing as he opted to save Sienna over her serial killer daughter.

Vowing to make the man who loves her pay, Sienna turns her attention to the church. But no, this isn’t a new side to Sienna’s character that will see her embrace the teachings and become a nun (imagine!) – she is going to use Warren’s son against him. What better way to hit someone where it hurts than via their child?

[​IMG]
    (Picture: Lime Pictures)
    Anna Passey, who plays the grieving schemer, recently dropped the first hints of the story to Metro.co.uk, explaining: ‘She’s never one to go quietly about things – and she puts the blame on Warren and the next chapter is all about her revenge against him. She’s lost her daughter and she’s lashing out!

[​IMG]
    ‘It’s going to be a struggle between Warren’s love for her and his want for her to stop hurting and she might use that to her advantage against him in order to get the revenge that she wants. It’s completely ruthless and cold blooded revenge that she’s after.’

[​IMG]
    Teasing how Joel enters the mix, she added: ‘She has lost her daughter, that’s her weak spot. Nico’s gone – Warren has now gained Joel, this person who he wants to protect and Sienna sees that and thinks “right, that’s where I’m gonna go in!”’

[​IMG]
    As Joel welcomes Sienna to the church, she puts on an act but he is soon concerned by her thirst for revenge. But how exactly could she be set to use Joel against Warren? Could she really be about to hurt Joel or will she go down an even more sly route and enter a relationship with him?

[​IMG]
    Warren is already struggling to get his read around Joel’s new calling in life – so just imagine how he’d feel to see the woman he loves all over the vicar son he hasn’t seen for years? We just can’t wait for the mess this will cause!

Things are about to get really interesting…"

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/05/holly...to-seduce-warren-foxs-vicar-son-joel-6236852/

9. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    "Killer Cameron kills Celine?
    [​IMG]
    The Hollyoaks killer finds himself in blackmail drama…

Cameron doesn’t seem that guilty – if guilty at all about playing with fire last week that killed Joe Roscoe and Nico Blake.

I wonder how Freddie will react when he finds out Cameron has killed two of his brothers!

Either way, it doesn’t look like we will be waiting that long for a reveal – as Celine knows the truth!

Unlucky for Cameron, Celine replays the footage of the fire, which see’s Cameron proudly set fire to the maze!

Celine confronts Cameron about the footage and says she’s heading to the police station – but Cameron begs her to reconsider for the future of his children…

Celine says she will back off for now, but could this lead her into severe danger, getting involved with Hollyoaks’ dark serial killer?

Time will tell…"

http://www.entertainmentoverdose.co.uk/killer-cameron-kills-celine/

------
    Sophie Austin tweeting about her appearance in yesterday's Casualty

[​IMG] Sophie Austin Verified account ‏@SophieAustin1
    If you fancy seeing me in a hospital but not with blue gloves check out @BBCCasualty tonight 9:10pm [​IMG]

• Retweets 62
    • Likes 323
    11:20 am - 5 Nov 2016
    0 replies . 62 retweets 323 likes

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    "Christmas is coming… Here’s those sneaky snippets!

Yep, Christmas is a mere 8 weeks away and there’s plenty of drama coming on Hollyoaks.

Here’s our sneaky snippets of what to expect over the coming weeks…
    • OB returns to the village to find the Osbournes.
    • The Osbournes remain missing – did Eva kill them?
    • Will OB and Grace start a relationship?
    • Simone’s drinking will get out of control
    • Especially when she finds out Lisa has been seeing Margaret!
    • Sienna has a dark revenge plan in place…
    • Mercedes’ life is about to get even worse…
    • Joanne plans revenge on Louis for Joe’s death!
    • There’s more exits planned before Christmas…
    • Christmas will feature around Cameron, Tegan and Leela…
    • Ste’s custody battle will take a dark turn…
    • Celine finds out about Cameron’s murderous past… is she in danger?
    • Joel returns back to the village full-time…
    • Holly gets close with Nick… Is she in danger?
    • There’s a shocking revelation coming soon…"

http://www.entertainmentoverdose.co.uk/sneaky-winter-snippets/

12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    "
    Hollyoaks' Charlie Clapham nominated for best actor accolade at British Soap Awards
    By DavidWOwen | Posted: April 09, 2016

0 COMMENTS 0 SHARES

[​IMG]
    Heart-throb: Charlie Clapham is a big hit as Hollyoaks bad boy Freddie Roscoe

Comments (0)
    Hollyoaks star Charlie Clapham is hoping it is third time lucky after being nominated for Best Actor in this year's British Soap Awards.

The 24-year-old Leicester lad, who plays "bad boy'' heart-throb Freddie Roscoe in the Channel 4 soap, is among 15 actors hoping to clinch the coveted title next month.

It will be the third time he has been nominated for a gong at the awards, which will be presented by presented by Phillip Schofield at London's Hackney Empire.

Charlie, who grew up in Humberstone, said: "It's just great to be put up for the Best Actor award again.

"I was nominated last year – that was a really big surprise too but, unfortunately, I didn't make the shortlist.

"Hopefully, I can go one better at least this time."

Charlie was also nominated for the Best Newcomer prize in 2014, the year Hollyoaks won the Best Soap award.

He said: "It was a bittersweet experience. I remember being so disappointed to have come so far only to lose. But then we won the big one and everyone went mad– it was great!"

Charlie joined the Hollyoaks cast in 2013.

His nomination for the Best Actor is reward for his part in some gripping storylines on the Channel 4 show.

The past few months have seen his character Freddie locked in a twisted love triangle with Ellie Nightingale, played by Sophie Porley, and her mother Marnie, played by famous actress and model Lysette Anthony.

Charlie said: "I've really enjoyed it. It's quite nice being involved in a storyline like this – something I don't think gets spoken about very often.

"No-one thinks twice when they see an older man involved with a younger woman, but when the roles are reversed it turns heads.

"I think it's odd. In an age of supposed equality it seems we're not playing on a level playing field. It's been great acting alongside Lysette Anthony. One moment I'm thinking 'oh my god, it's Lysette Anthony' – and the next minute I'm snogging her. It's surreal but I'm not complaining."

People can vote for Charlie on the British Soap Awards website. Voting closes at 5pm on April 26. The shortlist will be revealed on May 3, when the public will get another chance to vote.

Football fan Charlie hopes it will be a double celebration come awards night, with his beloved Leicester City afour wins away from what would be an incredible first Premier League title.

He said: "If everyone could spare a moment and vote for me I would be so grateful. Hopefully then we can all go and join Jamie Vardy and City's party.

"I'm a mad Leicester fan and used to have a season ticket and go down to watch them every Saturday with my Dad until I moved away.

"Back then it was when Rob Kelly was manager, about nine years ago.

"In those days we had players like Geoff Horsfield and Patrick Kisnorbo, but now we have the likes of Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kanté.

"It's another world, really, but I'm as excited as every other City fan at what we could achieve.

"To be honest, I'd swap an Oscar to see Leicester lift the Premier League trophy."

The broadcast date for the awards is yet to be confirmed.

To vote for Charlie, visit: www.britishsoapawards.tv/vote "

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/h...d-best-actor/story-29076887-detail/story.html

13. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Really going to miss Nico. One of my all time fave soap characters. She can walk on me wearing stilettos if she wants to.

• Like Like x 1
  14. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  15. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986

16. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    You've never once asked me to do that @Mo Mouse

17. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    I loved Nico. She was so sweet

At least, you've still got her mum.
    14947576_1136546799764933_8949130255907468034_n.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  18. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +862
    I'd assumed you would know it was ok, Sar. Some things don't need to be spelled out.

19. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986

--------------------------------------

Well, Alfie Browne-Sykes (Jason) recently passed his driving test.
    5927caee22c2060d305f0cf2a2c8ed19.jpg soaps-hollyoaks-roscoe-family.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Nico was delightful though. She was the child of twin siblings who didn't know they were related to each other when she was conceived. She beat stabbed and repeatedly tried to poison her mother/aunt, she pushed her uncle (who had previously drowned his mother/Nico's grandmother in a bath) off a roof and let her father/uncle go on the run for it and he is currently still hiding out incognito as a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing. She killed her future stepsister, tried to murder Theresa McQueen, murdered her own grandfather and tried to frame her step-grandmother for it (although her grandfather was trying to frame her step-grandmother for his death too but relented) and eventually framed and let her mother go to prison for it, tried to murder Tom Cunningham sometimes...like the time she amusingly poisoned his aftershave, caused her step-grandmother (who was pregnant by Nico's mum's multiple murderer boyfriend under a different name, who was her ex-fiance and had previously tried to murder her sister and had previously murdered his previous fiancee on their wedding day at Christmas, when she was pregnant) to have a miscarriage, kidnapped her school friend and poisoned her a little bit, murdered her mother's lover (whose son she had been involved with) on his wedding day and let her stepfather go to prison for it. Sadly, Nico got deliberately set on fire in a maze at Halloween by her best friend's father after annoying him by kidnapping his daughter (although he's murdered his brother, caused the death of his daughter's matrilineal grandparents and caused the deaths of at least three other people, including two of the Roscoe brothers, the hypocrite). Nico made one more posthumous attempt to murder her mother with poisoned orange juice. I miss her charm.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016