Hollyoaks Hollyoaks

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  2. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Actually she's got plots involving Mercedes and the Lovedays coming up.

3. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Hollyoaks spoilers: Joe Roscoe dies as Cameron Campbell’s fire claims another death victim
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.ukTuesday 1 Nov 2016 7:10 pm

[​IMG]
    (Picture: Lime Pictures)

Hollyoaks have aired a second explosive death as Cameron Campbell’s killer inferno saw Joe Roscoe die in a devastating fall. With the flames reaching a fuse box, a catastrophic explosion tore through the fair and knocked Joe off of his balance as he attempted to climb onto a crane that had arrived to lift him and Mercedes McQueen from the Ferris wheel.

Mercedes and Joe had just reunited and agreed to get married when the cruel twist of fate played out – and Mercedes screamed in horror as Joe proclaimed his love one last time before losing his grip and falling to the ground where his written proposal lay.

As locals led by Joe’s brother Freddie sprinted to the scene, it became clear that Joe was dead and Jesse, believing that he accidentally caused the fire, looked on in horror and guilt.

[​IMG]
    Now Mercedes is being forced to endure the agony of losing the man she loves once more while Cameron has another death to evade justice for.

[​IMG]
    With two victims to add to his growing list of kills, will Cameron get away with the Halloween disaster? And how will Mercedes and Sienna move forward following the losses of Joe and Nico?

There are tense and emotional times ahead as the dust finally settles on a Halloween that will never be forgotten.
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/01/holly...lls-fire-claims-another-death-victim-6227944/

4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Hollyoaks kills off Joe Roscoe

Joe plunged to his death in shock scenes just broadcast on E4

[​IMG]

By
    David Brown

Tuesday 1 November 2016 at 7:30PM
    The second victim of Hollyoaks's Halloween Spooktacular has been revealed - with Joe Roscoe meeting his maker in tonight's first-look E4 episode.

Fans saw Joe and fiancée Mercedes become trapped at the top of the Ferris Wheel after his scorned ex, Joanne, decided to manually stop the ride to teach them a lesson.

However, what Joanne didn’t predict was Cameron Campbell setting fire to the neighbouring maze and the flames causing an explosion in the ferris wheel mechanics.

[​IMG]

As Joe was reaching out to climb onto the cherry picker that was rescuing him and Mercedes from the halted ride, the ferris wheel generator exploded and Joe was forced to jump for his own safety.

He clung to the side of the cherry picker before falling to the ground below and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

[​IMG]

Actor Ayden Callaghan has been a staple part of Hollyoaks since 2013, when he joined alongside his four on screen brothers and mother, Sandy – played by Gillian Taylforth.

Speaking about his time on the show, the actor said tonight:“I enjoyed my time at Hollyoaks greatly from the early days of the Roscoe family’s arrival and winning ‘Best Soap’ at the end of our first year, to filming the Halloween 21st anniversary stunt, which was fantastic.

“I’ll miss working with all of the Roscoes including Gillian Taylforth who played our mum. My favourite moments, without doubt, are the days laughing with the Roscoes on set, the demolition stunt when Grace trapped Joe in the council flats, the Fraser Black storylines and the New Year episodes when Freddie and Lindsey’s affair was revealed.

“Thank you to Bryan Kirkwood, the writing team and all those at Hollyoaks for three and a half years I won’t forget, and of course to the fans for their tears, laughter and ongoing support."

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-11-01/hollyoaks-kills-off-joe-roscoe
    --------------------------------------------------
    Features Jennifer Metcalfe video interview:
    http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/hollyoaks/93...laghan-petrified-filming-ferris-wheel-5-hours

5. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  6. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    I much preferred the build up to Halloween than the actual scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Do you mean like with the miscarriage and the discoveries about Nico and Joanne?

Joanne has got revenge plots coming up, as Mercedes and Louis Loveday are in the firing line. Cameron's stuff is heading towards the Christmas Eve episode. While Jude is about to exit.

I'm going to miss Nico. I was rather fond of her.

I wonder if Linda Gray will be in Friday's First Look. Did you hear James mention her character to Joanne?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    Sometimes when our soaps build up to a spectacular event, I find myself feeling disappointed with the execution and often reflect back to how it got to where it was.

I also get frustrated with some of the acting during these big group events. The way the maze was destroyed by the fire was great, but the crowd just outside ruined it, I kinda expect something like this when I'm watching DALLAS or FALCON CREST because that's how they were back then.

It also frustrates me that we have to have resident cops/detective on hand, the same with nurses.

I'm grateful they killed off Joe quickly and didn't drag it out over a few episodes, but with so many deaths happening, I start to feel void of any emotions.

Not so much - I struggle with Maxine
    Yes, that was fantastic.
    I'm glad to hear this, I think she's a cracking character, though I wonder what she's up to.

Yeah, I'm going to miss Nico and that lovely scowl she pulls behind people's backs.

Oh, I hadn't thought about it, now I'm getting excited.

Yes :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    6 Hollyoaks videos which reveal huge spoilers ahead
    [​IMG]
    exclusive
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.ukWednesday 2 Nov 2016 9:01 am

When Metro.co.uk were invited to a special screening of the huge Hollyoaks episodes which saw Nico Blake and Joe Roscoe die as a result of a fire started by Cameron Campbell, we just had to stop behind and get as much gossip as we could from the cast members watching with us.

Below, we have shared six exclusive video chats with the actors who all have huge things coming up in the weeks and months ahead and they were only too happy to share behind the scenes gossip, juicy hints and whopping great spoilers.

Check them out for all of the latest Hollyoaks info!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/02/6-hollyoaks-videos-which-reveal-huge-spoilers-ahead-6228532/

11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Delighted to see the late lovely Nico again tonight, thinking of her mother and saying it with flowers.

Persephone Swales-Dawson’s character’s reign of terror came to an end during Monday night’s dramatic Halloween stunt, in which Cameron Campbell set fire to the fairground maze in revenge for Nico almost killing his daughter Peri Lomax.

However, what he didn’t know was her mother Sienna followed her inside.

Luckily for Sienna, her boyfriend Warren Fox realised where she was and charged inside to save her.

Faced with a fierce wall of flames, things looked bad for the mother and daughter duo after a huge piece of debris left them trapped.

As Warren found them, Sienna begged him to save her daughter first, but Warren chose to save Sienna – kicking and screaming – first, leaving Nico trapped in the flames.

And Anna Passey – who plays Sienna – has now exclusively revealed to OK! Online what’s in store for her Hollyoaks character now she’s lost her only daughter.

She told us: “I think she won’t have a life without Nico.

“She is her world, and without her she has nothing, no family.

“She has this crazy little child and that’s all she’s got.

“That’s where the next storyline comes from – the remorse and the guilt she has for surviving her child, and the blame she’ll put on Warren for losing her daughter.”

Anna added Hollyoaks viewers could very well be about to see the old evil Sienna – who tricked Darren Osborne and his family into thinking Nancy Osborne was crazy – come back.

She teased: “Sienna blames Warren, but Warren loves Sienna and just wants to be there for her after all that happened.

“She’s not having it, she pushes him away, and gets revenge.

“It’s going to be classic Warren Fox versus Sienna Blake. It’s going to be great.

“I think the best way of looking at it is Sienna’s vulnerability is Nico, and without her, she doesn’t really have that vulnerability.

“So cold-hearted, ruthless Sienna is coming back, and interestingly at the same time, Warren is reunited with his son, so he’s going to learn all those things about having a child and being vulnerable.

“So now, the struggle will be Warren and Joel versus Sienna and what she can possibly do to get her revenge on him and what she can think of. And she can think of a lot!”

Hollyoaks continues weekdays on Channel 4 at 6.30pm with the first look episode at 7pm on E4.

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/hollyoaks/93...-return-evil-sienna-blake-revenge-anna-passey

Hollyoaks star Anna Passey has warned fans they are going to see the return of psycho Sienna Blake following the grisly death of her daughter.

This week Nico Blake was burned alive after she got caught inside the Halloween Spooktacular maze after it was set on fire by Cameron Campbell. Sienna was trapped inside with her but Warren Fox managed to get in and decided to save Sienna, leaving Nico to perish in the blaze.

That decision could prove a costly one for Warren because Anna says Sienna is out for revenge and has him in her sights - and it seems like having sex with his son Joel is part of her plan.

Anna said: “I think a lot of people were expecting it to wrap up in the point of view week we did a little while back, and from what I could judge from the audience reaction was that people were quite frustrated that she didn’t get caught. So, it’s been a long time coming. The audience want some justice and her to be found out, and I wanted that too, but having seen it now I’m not sure I want it anymore! Sienna and Warren had a spat to start with, then it turned into attraction and they are this solid little team up until this point. Sienna has all the guilt of everything that’s happened to Nico and she takes that and puts the blame firmly on Warren for choosing to save her, she would have stayed in there [the fire] and let Nico go. I think coming up there’s going to be a revenge against Warren. We’ll see psycho Sienna again, she’s been quite calm of late!”

Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood added: “Lose a daughter, shag someone else’s son! What’s great about Sienna and Warren as a double act is that you want them to be together but are they better together or up against each other? What makes them fantastic characters is the stories evolve really naturally, so with Nico’s death and Sienna blaming Warren, that begins a whole new chapter for the characters which I am really excited.”

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  13. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  14. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  15. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  16. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    "Hollyoaks

Has Hollyoaks finally found the right balance between stunts, shocks and story?

Here's why autumn stunt week has been such a huge hit
    [​IMG]
    By Daniel Kilkelly

3 November 2016 5:00 PM

It's not just the loss of big-name characters that's really surprised us in Hollyoaks this week.

The Channel 4 soap has been delivering some of its biggest episodes of 2016 with its annual autumn stunt week, which always sees disaster hit the village around this time of year. (When will the local residents learn to book a nice autumn holiday?)

The latest spectacle was a huge fire started by Cameron Campbell at the village's "Halloween Spooktacular" fairground event, which claimed the lives of serial killer Nico Blake and popular mechanic Joe Roscoe.

Sounds like standard Hollyoaks fare, right? But, much to our surprise, this was actually a big Hollyoaks week where story finally came before stunts. Could the show have – gasp – done an EastEnders and toned down the sensationalism levels just a tad?

[​IMG]

© Lime Pictures

We usually know what to expect from a week of Chester carnage – psychopaths running riot, three-quarters of the cast in jeopardy, a totally bonkers breakneck pace, and half a dozen huge storylines all loudly vying for our attention.

While there was certainly some of that this time around, the true success of Hollyoaks this week has been giving the big storylines room to breathe. And that's meant not letting our favourite characters and their journeys get overshadowed by the bangs and whistles.

For example, in any other year, we might have seen half of the village stuck inside that Monster Maze when Cameron set it alight, not to mention a few expendable characters killed off alongside Nico just for the hell of it.

Instead, the Monster Maze was only really there to set the stage for the inevitable final showdown between Nico and Sienna, as well as Warren's devastating choice of who to save when disaster struck.

[​IMG]

© Lime Pictures
    While the bloodthirsty contingent of the Hollyoaks fanbase may have been disappointed not to see more characters in danger, we're really glad that it was just Nico, Sienna and Warren involved in those maze scenes. It was dramatic, powerful, gripping and surprising without any unnecessary distractions.

They took a similar approach with Joe's horrifying demise on that ferris wheel. There could have been countless characters in the danger zone - or the ferris wheel might have pointlessly collapsed and flattened a few gawping villagers below.

Instead it was the relationship between Joe and Mercedes that took centre stage as they finally got themselves back on track, giving Joe's death so much more impact in the moment.

It was all a far cry from previous high-casualty stunt weeks, which although thrilling and entertaining, did tend to throw everything including the kitchen sink at the screen and leave us wondering what the hell just happened.

[​IMG]

© Lime Pictures
    It was even slightly more realistic than "Super Soap Week" on ITV last month (as much as we loved it!), when every big-name Emmerdale character coincidentally ended up on the foggy Hotten Bypass at the same time and Corrie's David Platt had a one-week mission to become a crazy car smasher.

More generally, we're really pleased that Hollyoaks is improving its tone and balance of storylines too. Cindy and Jude have been a real delight to watch throughout the week, adding the much-needed ingredients of comedy and warmth alongside the more dramatic scenes.

Aftermath – which if we're honest, is often a problem on Hollyoaks – has been spot on this week too. Nobody would have expected such touching scenes between Mercedes and Sienna last night as they were united in grief, given that they've barely exchanged a word in four years.

We were also surprised by just how affecting the scenes were when Mercy and Freddie had to tell Lexi and JJ that Joe was dead.

[​IMG]

© Lime Pictures
    Although the show hasn't made a big song and dance about it, there's clearly been a bit of a rethink of Hollyoaks in general this year. The storylines are still big and dramatic, but not quite as crazy.

We also feel more invested in the characters again thanks to a better focus on community and families, with Nancy, Darren and the rest of the Osbornes standing out particularly strong.

When Digital Spy caught up with Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood at a press event last week and asked if the recent changes were deliberate, he replied: "Absolutely. We're really hard on ourselves. Collectively, as a team of writers and producers, we step back and examine where we're good and where we're not so good.

"About nine months ago, we realised that we needed to be funnier, we needed to be warmer and we needed a better sense of community. I think we're doing a lot better in those three areas."

[​IMG]

© Lime Pictures
    It's paying off. Although it's easy to poke fun at Hollyoaks in its crazier moments, it's actually one of the soaps that's in really strong shape at the moment.

As a show that prides itself on not having "quiet weeks", Hollyoaks has managed to keep each episode bold, engaging and entertaining while working harder on community and characterisation. And let's not forget the best cinematography of all the soaps, particularly this week with Sean Glynn directing.

Keep it up, guys, and there might be a few more Soap Awards heading your way next year..."
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...has-the-show-finally-found-the-right-balance/

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    [​IMG]

This was a great scene and much more what I like about Hollyoaks

• Like Like x 1
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
  19. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986

Actually, from that description, Goldie and Myra are first cousins once removed. Myra is the ascending one and Goldie is the descending one in the relationship. Not second cousins. Myra's children are Goldie's second cousins from that description. Your second cousin is always the child of your parent's first cousin and related to you by one or more shared great-grandparents. Whereas this seems to be a grandparent relationship (first degree cousin, not second) because one (Myra) is a grandchild of the most recent common ancestor(s) and the other is a great-grandchild (Goldie). So it is first degree cousins once removed, the parent's first cousin/first cousin's child relationship. Unless Chelsee Healey slipped up.

Cousin3.jpg
    http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2013/08/naming-of-cousins/

Cousin Calculator.png
    http://www.searchforancestors.com/utility/cousincalculator.html

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  20. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Charlie Clapham posted a picture of Freddie, Ziggy, Robbie, Sandy, Jason and Joe Roscoe on Twitter this week, saying "And then there was 1..."

14650291_519011718304896_5709006660269599820_n.jpg

------------------------
    Cast pics:

9781843372073-uk.jpg
    $_35 (3).JPG 550w_hollyoaks_hunks_2008_calvin_warren_darren_justin.jpg 1989765.main_image.jpg giphgmjmjpy.gif 51UeQyKOEJL.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1