Hollyoaks Hollyoaks

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
  2. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    "Hollyoaks spoilers: Boss Bryan Kirkwood reveals details on Linda Gray’s arrival
    [​IMG]
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Friday 28 Oct 2016 2:29 pm

Hollyoaks left viewers delighted a while back – not to mention the cast and crew – when they announced that Dallas legend Linda Gray was joining the cast as Marnie Nightingale’s glam mum Tabby. And now Bryan Kirkwood, the show’s boss, has given the first details on what to expect.

Metro.co.uk were at a screening of upcoming Hollyoaks episodes and the stuff we saw of Linda in the show is as glorious as we were expecting – camp, hilarious and absolute soap heaven. The little that we can reveal at this stage is that marnie is dreading Tabby’s visit for one particular reason – Mac.

Discussing how the casting came about, Bryan told us: ‘My husband and I were watching Dallas on YouTube because we like to keep up with the latest shows! We were wondering who could possibly play Marnie’s mum! Andy suggested Victoria Principal but my eyes fixed on Linda Gray and I said: “I think I’ve got an even better idea!”

‘Our casting director, Peter, is at the top of his game and made the call. We got a call immediately back to say that she was interested – I fell off my chair then they asked if they could see a couple of episodes and then there was a fear of “oh, what if she hates it? What if she thinks we’re shit!?” The episodes we sent her were the Roscoe water stunt last year and, to show the polar opposite of that, the Cleo and Pete abuse trial. Fortunately she liked it and we got a call to say she was interested!’

He was full of praise for the actress, too. Describing what it was like having her film scenes, he continued: ‘She was absolutely fantastic – everything we would want. She was quiet, gentle, dignified and sweet. When I made the call to her and she was in Liverpool, she was in the Three shop topping up her own mobile – you just don’t expect that from someone like Linda Gray! She was absolutely no fuss and a wonderful person to have around.’

So could she be sticking around for a longer stint after her initial arrival. It’s looking hopeful. Bryan told us: ‘It’s looking that way – she could be semi-regular. Conversations are continuing. She is a natural member of the Nightingale family. When you look at the lineage of the family with Marnie and Ellie, all three of them are stunning women and I totally believe in it. I’d love to have her back!’ "

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/28/hollyoaks-spoilers-boss-bryan-kirkwood-reveals-details-on-linda-grays-arrival-6220742/
    -------------------------------------------------
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/news/a812466/hollyoaks-boss-reveals-linda-gray-could-be-joining-the-cast-on-a-semi-regular-basis/

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    "HOLLYOAKS FIRST LOOK: Dallas legend Linda Gray as feisty Tabby adds Hollywood glitz
    THESE are the first pictures of Dallas legend Linda Gray on the Hollyoaks set.

Published 30th October 2016

[​IMG]
    LEGEND: Linda Gray as Tabitha on the Hollyoaks set

The soap’s boss Bryan Kirkwood signed up soap icon Linda, who played Sue-Ellen Ewing in the huge US TV show, for the role of Marnie Nightingale’s glamorous mum, Tabitha Maxwell-Brown.

And although it’s only a guest stint, the door has been left open for a possible return by Linda, 76.

Viewers will first see Tabitha, known as Tabby, when Marnie (Lysette Anthony) calls her mum’s Hollywood home to tell her she’s back with ex-husband Mac.

[​IMG]
    PALS: Linda with Nick Pickard

Having showered affection on her daughter and given her the best possible education, Tabby never approved of her relationship with Mac believing she married “beneath her”.

When she hears they’ve reconciled she gets on a flight and arrives in Chester to see her family.

The brunette sweeps into The Dog where she’s greeted by grandchildren Ellie and Nathan but Mac is furious.

[​IMG]
    GUEST STINT: The door has been left open for a possible return by Linda

And it’s not long before Tabby is telling him exactly what she thinks of him.

A Hollyoaks insider said: “There was a real buzz on set when Linda filmed her stint. Everyone loved working with her. Tabby is a fabulous character. She’s glamorous and not afraid to say exactly what she’s thinking.”

During her time in Chester, Linda also worked with the soap’s longest-serving cast member Nick Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson.

Don’t miss Tabby’s arrival on the Channel 4 soap a week on Monday."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/557695/Linda-Gray-Dallas-Hollyoaks-Tabitha

• Like Like x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    from Entertainment Overdose, 29th October 2016:

"Hollyoaks to kill at LEAST two main characters

A huge fire will rip through the fairground…

[​IMG]

Yep, Hollyoaks bosses have confirmed that at least two characters will meet their fate as a huge fire rips through the fairground….

Many main characters are in the firing line including Joanne Cardsley, Tom Cunningham, Peri Lomax, Sienna Blake, Joe Roscoe, Nico Blake, Mercedes McQueen and Warren Fox.

We have the two we are hoping – but show bosses won’t reveal the news until the air date.

It’s going to be a week you won’t want to miss…"

5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,751

First guess would be Joanne because I feel her story is told, there can't be any more dumb people in the village to take her on.

Second guess would be Nico because she can't continue in the way she has, she will be put away in maybe a hospital at the very least, so I think they would just kill her off.

Then we have Joe Roscoe who we know is leaving.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Well, the reason that I didn't put the link to that article on at least two characters dying was because a commenter said mentioned that two characters had been named on Instagram and gave their names. I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Hollyoaks spoilers: Chelsee Healey arrives as Goldie McQueen and huge trouble follows

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.ukSaturday 29 Oct 2016 11:58 pm
    [​IMG]

The McQueen family is about to expand as Chelsee Healey’s first scenes as troublesome newcomer Goldie air. Goldie arrives to see her relatives – whom she deems as living the good life – and soon makes it clear that she is looking for a place to stay. But before long, there’s big trouble.

Goldie, Myra’s cousin, is first seen when Myra walks in to find her sleeping in Mercedes’ bed and Myra can’t believe it when Goldie says she wants to stay with her ‘rich’ relatives to see how the other half lives.

[​IMG]
    (Picture: Lime Pictures)
    She is soon making an impression on the villagers, intriguing the likes of Louis and James, flirting heavily with Jesse and seriously getting on the wrong side of Cindy!

[​IMG]
    Myra can’t cope with the houseful or extra stress and asks Goldie to leave. Celine is fuming to later see her with Jesse and Myra marches her relative to the bus stop – will Goldie take the hint and wave goodbye or does she have a plan up her sleeve?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/29/holly...die-mcqueen-and-huge-trouble-follows-6221416/

• Like Like x 1
  8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    From Hollyoaks Gossip and Spoilers:
    "EXCLUSIVE!!!!

Hollyoaks bosses have killed off two characters during next week's Halloween stunt.

In explosive scenes a fire will break out at Jude Cunningham's Hollyoaks Spooktacular fair sending the local residents into a panic.

We can reveal that two characters will leave the fair in body bags with Nico Blake, Sienna Blake, Warren Fox, Mercedes McQueen, Joanne Cardsley, Joe Roscoe, Peri Lomax and Tom Cunningham in the firing line.

We've been sworn to secrecy about exactly who dies following a special screening of the sinister scenes in London yesterday but the episodes are not to be missed.

Jamie Lomas, who plays Warren, teased: “I’m actually in shock, I think that’s probably the best episode I have ever seen.

The way it looks, the way it’s cut together, I’m actually speechless. It’s amazing, really amazing.”

While Davinia Taylor, who plays Jude, added: “It’s been awhile since I have rocked a pair of heels like that but going back to Liverpool it’s obligatory - corset, push-up bra and transvestite make-up, I’m in my natural habitat!

“It’s fantastic, Stephanie and I had an absolute ball doing these scenes, it was crazy. The night shoots drag on and there’s this euphoria when you hit 4am when the cast and crew are literally out of their minds!

“But we had a ball, I loved it. We started filming at sunset, I was looking around at the cast, I just felt so happy and privileged to be surrounded by such a young and enthusiastic cast.

I just thought, ‘Wow, I’ve really made it being able to come back’.”

Even though two characters have met their maker, Soap boss Bryan Kirkwood teased that he considered killing off even more.

Asked if it could have been more than just two deaths, he laughed: “Always! People come to the end of their contracts, sometimes a character reaches the end of their natural life, I felt that it was the right decision this time.”

Anna Passey, who plays Sienna, added: "We filmed these episodes over a series of nights as well. There's always loads of excitement on set over night shoots.

"We had a great team involved and lots of time to rehearse the safety elements of it, but once you're in there and shooting the scenes, you know that you're only going to have one chance to do it!""
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...lers-halloween-fire-kills-off-two-characters/
    -----------------------------
    [​IMG]

9. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Dallas legend Linda Gray is joining Hollyoaks, and here's your first look at her on set

See Sue-Ellen Ewing in Cheshire.

October 29 2016
    [​IMG]

© Channel 4 Hollyoaks

By Lucy Morris
    30 October 2016

Since we found out that iconic Dallas actress Linda Gray was joining Hollyoaks, we've been desperate to get confirmation with our own eyes.

And here we have it - shots of her with executive producer Kirkwood, the soap's longest-serving cast member Nick Pickard (Tony), Gregory Finnegan (her on-screen grandson James Nightingale) and Parry Glasspool as Harry Thompson.

Originally the 76-year-old actress, best known for her iconic turn as Sue-Ellen Ewing in Dallas, was thought to be turning up for just a guest stint as Tabitha Maxwell-Brown, Marnie Nightingale's mum - but excitingly Kirkwood recently said she might be staying on as a 'semi-regular' at Hollyoaks.

[​IMG]

© Channel 4 Hollyoaks
    [​IMG]

© Channel 4 Linda Gray
    Quizzed on whether Linda will become a Cheshire local, he said: "It's looking that way. I wouldn't say regular but semi-regular.

"The conversations are continuing and she feels like a really natural member of the Nightingale family. If you look at the linear between her, Marnie and Ellie - all three of them are all stunning women and I believe in it. I believe she is part of that family."

Fans first see Tabitha AKA Tabby when her daughter, who is played by Lysette Anthony, rings her mum to tell her she's getting back with her ex-hubby Mac. Not being a fan of Mac, Tabby hops on a plane to properly thrash things out with Marnie.

[​IMG]

© Channel 4 Hollyoaks
    [​IMG]

© Channel 4 Hollyoaks
    [​IMG]
    © Channel 4 Hollyoaks

We can't wait!

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...look-dallas-linda-gray-hollyoaks-set-tabitha/

• Like Like x 1
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    From Hollyoaks Spoilers:

Hollyoaks star Lysette Anthony reckons the soap has managed a major coup by convincing Dallas legend Linda Gray to join the show.

The iconic actress is heading to Chester in the coming months to play Marnie Nightingale’s mother Tabitha, and Lysette, who plays Marnie, couldn’t believe it when she found out about the soap’s new signing.

She said: “Linda Gray! That's all I need to say! It was such a privilege and so much fun to have her on set. I think we've passed our personal best! Every time I looked across at her I was like, 'Wow, its Sue Ellen!' She's beautiful and gracious. When I found out she was going to be my onscreen mum I was so flattered and thrilled, I was awestruck! I'm a lot older than most of the cast but when I was younger I can remember the whole Dallas phenomenon. I nearly got expelled from my school for writing 'who shot JR?' on the blackboard at my very strict boarding school.”

Asked why Tabitha shows up, she added: “Her mum turns up because James asks her to, it maybe a case of dubious finances that's to Jude Cunningham. There are lots of shenanigans and lots of awfulness a foot. Marnie hasn't even started yet! I think over the coming months you're going to understand her a bit more but you're not going to forgive her. I kept questioning why a woman walks out in three kids, and how did the woman who married Mac turn into this? It's a big deal. The whole thing about soaps is that whether you love her or loathe her, you go with her, and I just hope I make people laugh and appall them at the same time. She says things that none of us would dare to, but it's actually starting to seep into my real life!”

[​IMG]

11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    From Hollyoaks Spoilers and News:
    "It has been teased that just as you think all the carnage is over at the spooktacular there will be one final major shock!"
    14908271_1285136551530663_4249028304683801067_n.jpg

12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Darren Jeffries video interview about returning to Hollyoaks:

Darren Jeffries wondered if young Hollyoaks fans might’ve been like ‘Who’s Obb?’

Darren Jeffries says the response to O.B's return to Hollyoaks after eight years away has been fantastic. He explains why he's back in the village...

Darren Jeffries wondered if younger Hollyoaks fans might've gone 'Who's Obb?'

Darren JeffriesHollyoaksO.B
    Darren Jeffries has been overwhelmed by the response to his and his character O.B’s return to Hollyoaks.

He told What’s on TV the reaction to Thursday’s news of his return has been ‘fantastic, really, really lovely’.

“I wasn’t sure what the reaction would be,” said Darren. “I wondered if the younger viewers might have been like ‘Who’s Obb?’ because I know he’s been chatted about a lot, because my nieces and nephews they always watch Hollyoaks and they always tell me, ‘Oh Tom’s been texting O.B’ or ‘Tom went to visit O.B’ so I know he’s always been there in the background. So I think for a lot of viewers they get to find out who he is and I think it’s been really lovely for the older viewers, you know, who I guess my character [they] grew up with.”

Sam ‘O.B’ O’Brien left Hollyoaks in 2008 after more than a decade in the Channel 4 soap. O.B departed after his best friend, Max Cunningham (Matt Littler), died of cancer in his arms. So why is he back eight years later?

Darren explained: “The Osbornes have gone missing, nobody really knows why for sure and somebody gets in touch with O.B and asks him to come back and help find Tom [Cunningham], obviously O.B is very close to Tom, so basically I end up playing detective… trying to get to the bottom of the reason behind their disappearance. He might have an ulterior motive, but I’m not going to reveal that.

“Also I get to work with Stephanie [Wareing] who plays Cindy and also Tamara [Wall] who plays Grace, we kind of team up to find out the reason why[they’ve disappeared]. It’s been lovely working with so many different actors.”

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/hollyoaks/hollyoaks-news/darren-jeffries-whos-obb-426886/

13. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,751
    I don't want to know who goes, I just enjoy speculating about it.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Goldie McQueen, you can never have enough McQueens :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Hollyoaks Halloween Party

16. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  17. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  19. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
  20. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,109
    Medals:
    "Hollyoaks spoilers: Fire starter Cameron Campbell caught out at last?
    Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Tuesday 1 Nov 2016 12:03 am

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/01/holly...ell-caught-out-at-last-6221434/#ixzz4Ok4jOWWj
    [​IMG]
    Cameron Campbell is a man on the edge in the wake of the fire which killed two Hollyoaks residents. Knowing that he caused it, he is concerned as the investigation gets underway, can he hold it together?

Cameron got what he wanted from the blaze when his intended target Nico Blake perished in the flames but as events spiralled even further out of control, the inferno claimed a second victim.

And as an investigation team vow to get answers, the pressure is on for Cameron. You’d think that would be enough stress for him to deal with but Courtney is also busying herself trying to get Lockie’s body released from the mortuary.

Cameron does his best to stop her going to the mortuary but suspicious Tegan goes instead. As she heads home and reveals that the body wasn’t there, how will Cameron get out of this one?

Is the game finally up?"

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/01/holly...-cameron-campbell-caught-out-at-last-6221434/