1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hollyoaks Hollyoaks

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Sienna in real life is in a relationship with Laurie Shelby. They are holidaying together.

Looks like it. Warren is supposed to be getting worried about his past in next week’s episodes. Tonight, Lisa tried to get Toby. Walter dropped his bible when he found the picture of Mitchell kissing Scott.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Hollyoaks won the Award for Best Soap or Continuing Drama at the Broadcast Awards last night.
    13B2B737-7891-49A5-8113-81061001395B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Have faith. You will be rewarded with a dream sequence. A dance sequence of Scott, Mitchell, Martine, Luke, Damon,Liberty, Mandy and Cindy dancing to Finally . With Grace doing a high kick and Nana McQueen somersaulting. Backed by construction workers and staff from The Hutch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jason73

Jason73 Admin EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Did the actor playing Jesse want to leave the show or was it a storyline decision? It was a clever way to kill him off--drinking himself to death to amp up the pressure and guilt that Grace and James are feeling about shooting Mercedes. Grace wasn't feeling any guilt prior to Jesse's death, so smart way to turn those tables.

I finally got to the new opening--why is Ste still in it? I expected him to be gone. I was hoping he was gone since I can't stand the outfit he is wearing. He looks like he is wearing an old-timey prison jump suit every time I see it.

Liam has added Maxine to his hit list! Let's hope he succeeds. Maxine annoys the heck out of me. How has she lasted all these years? Is the character popular?

Oh, this sounds fantastic! I can't wait. I'm envisioning something like the fantasy scene from Love, Simon. I wonder if that was what inspired HO?

In Mitchell news he has finally come out to his mom. It hasn't made me like Mitchell any more than I already did. It has made me like Martine more and I already liked her a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Luke Jerdy (Jesse) initially agreed to do three years but stayed for four. Leaving was his choice.

Every time I pray for Maxine to die most horribly, someone called Nikki Sanderson keeps signing a new contract. Drat.

Kieron Richardson (Ste Hay) has not left permanently and his is only a temporary departure. He is currently touring in a play which ends towards the end of March. The day after it ends, he is back in contract to Hollyoaks and should be back on screen either late May or early June. Kieron has said that he will do Hollyoaks for as long as they want him.

Azim has now gone and there are no plans to bring him back.

We had some lovely scenes last night between Warren, Joel and Brody. Joel singing, Warren and Brody squabbling over Sienna, Warren’s driving, Warren’s Cornish Pasties and Brody’s protein shakes. And Warren seems scared by the area that Sienna is suspected to be in.

There are a few twists that keep coming about Toby and Celeste Faroe. And Mitchell is definitely out, in more ways than one.

And Edward took Tony back to the pig farm.

And Warren’s next romantic interest is Mercedes.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    :lol::lol:

That's good to know. I like Ste. Hopefully they will consider updating his part of the opening when he returns.

I had to google. I wasn't sure what these were.

I'd like to sample Brody's protein shakes.

Interesting. Have they never been paired before?

7. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Yes. Their previous sex together was what squashed Mercedes getting married to Russ first time around. Of course, Warren murdered Mercedes’ cousin, Bart.

Come to think, Stuart Manning (the late Russ) used to be in Night and Day with Lysette Anthony (Marnie and the mother of the pregnant fiancée that Warren murdered on their wedding day at Christmas). On Night and Day, Lysette Anthony’s character’s partner and father of most of her children was played by Joe McGann (Edward Hutchinson). Joe McGann was in The Upper Hand with Diana Weston, who is coming into Hollyoaks as Kyle’s mother. Adam Rickitt (Kyle) used to play Nick Tilsley on Coronation Street. Nick Tilsley’s father, Brian, was played by Christopher Quinten, who will playing Kyle’s father on Hollyoaks.
    7706511B-93C7-48BC-9148-1A5B5327CED6.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    I'm dizzy!

Oh, I didn't realize Edward was Doctor Who's brother. I can definitely see the resemblance now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Paul McGann recently was on Holby City as the naughty but now late Professor Gaskell. His predecessor as the Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, guested in one of his episodes. Holby City Hospital’s CEO is the surprise incarnation of the Doctor, Jo Martin. And Stephen McGann is still on Call the Midwife. And I’m not sure where Mark McGann is. But McGanns are everywhere. Just before his Hollyoaks debut, Joe McGann turned up in Casualty (set in the Emergency Department of Holby City Hospital Hospital but filmed over 120 miles away from where Holby City is filmed but they still have crossovers) for about the eighth time. He was playing a headmaster. Which reminds me, he was previously up for the part of Sienna’s evil headmaster father, Patrick Blake, but that went to Jeremy Sheffield, who had been a regular on Holby City.

Edward has recently been recreating Breda for Tony’s benefit. Well, not so much benefit. And he took him back to the pig farm. Thursday’s episode ended with an unseen Edward watching Tony in a panic. Edward was smiling and sucking on a lollipop. The continuity announcer said, “Yeah! Careful you don’t choke on that”. Oh, and Sienna had Warren arrested. Warren went back to where he, Spencer and Katy spent their childhood. It wasn’t pleasant. Although I believe that Mercedes is about to catch Warren having a threesome.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Enter the hot new cop today . . .

11. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    The episode right after Nancy miscarried was excellent. I LOVED the "men dealing with trauma" stuff with Tony, Darren and Kyle. Hollyoaks rarely makes me cry, but Darren breaking down and sobbing in secret really did it.

Toby and Celeste gleefully and cruelly toying with Mandy felt so mean spirited that it actually made me uncomfortable. The actors playing Toby and Celeste are excellent at being vicious.

• Like Like x 1
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    A rare Sami sighting! He was in a scene for twenty seconds. I miss him. I hope he gets a story soon.

Ugh. Poor, self-loathing Mitchell. He's just confronted Azim in a grossly homophobic way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Finally. Mitchell is out to his entire family. I thought the scenes were very well acted by everyone involved but again I would say the strongest acting and the most interesting member of that family is Martine. I just find her riveting no matter what she's doing.

I loved the reveal that Toby and Celeste are not sleeping in the same room.

I'd like to see these people in storylines asap:

1. Sami
    2. Martine
    3. Romeo

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    I finally got to this. It was great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    I went off him the moment he dared to handcuff Warren.
    Look out for Toby and the folded photograph. Romeo is currently having a fling with someone. And Lisa is attracted to cousin Toby. And Romeo is becoming Romeo Nightingale! It was Jesse’s funeral today.And James had an evening in with Mercedes, John Paul and Warren.

• Like Like x 1
  17. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Hollyoaks Leap Year 2020 trailer

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    I quite enjoyed Warren frightening Liam last night, calling him the Mafia Munchkin, outnumbering him by 7 to 3 and threatening to end his life on a coin toss. And likening Liam to a rat that Felix bumped off with a cricket bat. Most amusing.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  19. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    That trailer was so long!

I don't like that they seem to be taking Liam off the deep end but oh well . . . life in Hollyoaks.

20. Jason73

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    "Great . . . it's the Self Righteous Brothers" :lol::lol::lol:

Warren cracks me up.

• Like Like x 1