Had Jacqueline Been around in season 3?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Chloe-Fusco, May 22, 2018.

1. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +324
    It was curtains for Jacqueline sooner or later because of her health diagnosis, as season 2 closed but what if she had been around in season 3? How could things have worked out then; what would she have got up to, cartel business or could she have robbed Phillip from Angela?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,968
    As @Willie Oleson has correctly point out, Jacqueline was worth more to the show dead than alive -- at least, after Season 2. Her sordid backstory capable of fueling the modern narrative for years, at least whenever the producer remembered to go there and that executive at CBS didn't get in the way.

On the other hand, I'd like Jacqueline's sister -- and Dr. Michael Ranson's mother -- Donna Reed, to show up for Season 4 after Ranson is buried. As both are Aquarius/Gemini Risings, the indignantly dithery Reed is a totally believable sister for indignantly dithery Lana Turner, one saintly and the other salacious.

Plus, it would have kept Reed off of Southfork for the 84/85 TV season.

Reed could herself be killed off in the Tuscany Valley earthquake which seemed destined to close Season 4 (although it actually struck a year later).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Any Jacqueline presence in season 3 would likely have been similar to season 2 i.e. sporadic episodes here and there. Chase’s mother was and could only ever have been a special guest character. There was just the one long term spot for a grape loving grandmother in the show and that spot was filled by you know who.

Like Snarky and Willie have said Jacqueline left a trail behind her, once she was 6ft under. This trail provided the fuel for some cartel input two years after her demise and then the biggest shock of all, four years later.

Angela and Maggie are in the Falcon Crest living room. Maggie would like to interview Angela, about the deceased Jacqueline, (a scene from season 3, 1983 – ‘84):

Angela: “Jacqueline is a person I don’t care to discuss!”

Maggie: “Angela, you must have so many valuable memories of her. Now, according to my research, she came here in the year of the great drought.”

Angela: “Yes she did! Disasters seem to come in pairs.”

Some time later…..

Angela: “She’s an opportunist! She cares only for money and power.”

Maggie: “You know, she might have said the same thing about you!”

• Like Like x 1