Gossip Girl Reboot Coming To Hbo Max

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by tommie, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,104
    Medals:
    Never watched it myself, but some might be interested:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1057482/gossip-girl-reboot-officially-coming-to-hbo-max

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,155
    How do you create a series in which today's teenagers have their eyes permanently glued to their smartphones? And don't dare tell me the youth of today are engaged with social talk because just today at work not one of my fellow co-workers during the lunch break spoke. Earbuds in watching whatever on their device. Sad really.

3. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +736
    Gossip Girl was a representation of social media in a different form. People snitched to GG and "she" spat it out online. 2007-2012 was a different time for social media, but the show isn't The OC (the previous show by the same writers/producers) where social media was non-existent. I'd say the concept of Gossip Girl (the blogger) would be even more brutal in today's social media landscape.

Not the best example, but the pilot even opens with people engaged in what is on their screens.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,772
    Medals:
    Isn’t Gossip Girl far too recent for it to be rebooted?

The 90210 shows are eight years apart but a lot changed between 2000 & 2008, plus it was a next generation continuation?

Or have the 2010s ran out of 80s/90s/00s television shows to reboot that they’re rebooting early 10s shows