1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Emmerdale Emmerdale

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Omg, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    It's looking like Emma still has Moira where she wants her.

I'm still new to this, so I could be way off course, but is there a chance Emma is looking for a friendship with Moira, or do you think she's building up to something sinister?

2. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    I haven't seen tonight's ep yet so I don't know if Moira confronted Emma over binning Cain's letter. While I think Emma could turn on Moira very easily, right now I do think she's being sincere towards Moira. Emma has got it into her head that she and Moira are stronger together, she sees it as the best thing for the family. Most of the crazy situations Emma gets into have come from wanting to keep her family together, and she'll do it her own mad way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +953
    Rebecca looked rather nice in her lawyer outfit with those glasses.

4. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    A few things annoy me in soaps, but one that pisses me off the most is when a character stumbles upon another character and gets the wrong impression.

Nicola finds Bernice in the wardrobe and starts ranting at Jimmy - so far that's fine, but what I hate is how Jimmy sits there looking stupid, while at the same time saying nothing. Throw into the mix Bernice who does the same and it becomes a complete farce.

Cue to the next scene with these and Nicola is leaving the room, fully dressed with handbag on arm, why is Jimmy still getting dressed and why is Bernice still in the dressing gown? What were they both doing while Nicola was getting dressed? Of course, this is all simply contrived to make yet another stupid scene in front of other guests. Why did Jimmy wait until they were all in the corridor to say how much he loved Nicola, why couldn't he have said this during the showdown in the room?

I'm scratching my head as to how Nicola was still in the reception area when Jimmy & a fully clothed Bernice appeared, was Nicola waiting for Bernice to get dressed before leaving the hotel?

One thing I will agree with and that's the piano man getting splattered across his piano, that should teach him for playing by an exit.

5. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    Oh, Bernice in the wardrobe made me laugh!

I also really liked the exchange between John McArdle and James Hooton in Thursday's episode - Spiders, relationships and frogs that look like Sam's dead Aunt Bridie! It was lovely.

Em114.jpg

Em113.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Yes, that part was great, it's what followed that pissed me off.

7. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    I'm really enjoying Finn's story and the scenes between him Kasim and Tracey were hilariously brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Most kids in TV shows annoy me and they are at their worse in the UK soaps, but Liv is shaping up to be a great character and the actress is doing a cracking job.

I'm really taken in by Emma's friendship with Moira and there's a big part of me that hopes Emma is sincere in all this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +953
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of the video of Gabby dancing naked round the cricket square ? I mean, I just need to satisfy myself how dirty and sordid these horrible videos are.

Changing the subject completely and totally, has anyone seen the bit in The Wicker Man where Britt Ekland is dancing naked in the hotel room and banging on the wall ? Dirty and sordid and not nice viewing at all is what I heard. I haven't seen it myself.

10. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    I miss the funny rating.

11. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    She's a decent young actress, but the character doesn't work for me. It's as if the other characters acknowledge that she's the sister of a popular character and so put up with her behaviour when in reality they'd be telling her to get lost. Her elevated importance was really highlighted when she got involved in Pierce and Rhona's business. I wouldn't have blamed Pierce if he'd snapped and murdered her.

Also Aaron and Robert bringing up a teenager is a bit naff.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Of all the young characters in the show, she's the one who stands out more to me and I'm impressed with the actress, I never see her as 'just reading the script' that I get with so many of the younger actors in our shows.

I'm not really understanding who is bringing her up. I thought she was Aaron's sister, but I don't know who her mother is. I'm guessing it's not Chas then.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    I don't like Liv. I don't understand why she is allowed to constantly skip school and talk to people around the village the way she does. It's making Aaron look stupider than usual.

I am a fan of Robert and Aaron, but this attempt at domesticating them doesn't work for me either. It just feels forced. Also, all these scenes of the two of them sitting alone having tea together, only to be interrupted by other people's drama . . . I don't know, it just seems so far away from their seedy beginnings and like we've said before, we've never really seen the journey that got them to that point.

I think she's a good actress and does a good job of holding her own with all the adults on the show. My favorite young character on the show is probably Jacob. There's just something lovably stupid about him and the way he's portrayed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Who is Liv's mother and has she been in the show?

Oh, he's one that annoys me plenty.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    Her mom's name is Sandra. She's moved to Dublin and is allowing Liv to stay with her brother, Aaron.

16. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    It's really starting to irritate me, but the "Robron" fans on Twitter seem to be soaking it up. I think writing to please a fanbase like this makes the show look a bit silly.

Is it the Jedward inspired hairdo?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    The end of tonight's epsidoe was heart breaking, so sad. Charlotte Bellamy's performance was so powerful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Ha! No, I can't say I noticed otherwise that would have given him extra credit points.

19. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    That Finn is a lucky Joe 90.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    What exactly is the point of the Aaron and Rebecca stuff? I find Rebecca interesting and I like the actress, but Aaron stealing from her and then breaking down and telling her about his dad just seemed really contrived.

Damn! Nice! He seems so scrawny (in a cute way) on Emmerdale.

• Like Like x 2