1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Emmerdale Emmerdale

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Omg, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +953
    Absolutely delighted to be here, Jase.

2. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Leo was in a supervised camping group, hence why all the other children were there.

I watched all the week's episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    Yes there has been some good storytelling this week. There was just part of me that wished Charity and Cain had buggered off to France. I feel sorry for Noah.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    I was hoping for this to happen too, I'm bored of their 'will they, won'y they?' story.

The Whites are great to watch, so dysfunctional with all kinds of possibilities that could happen. I'd like to see more family members appear too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +466
    Slightly off topic, not a fan of Halloween, but love what you have done with the site guys. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    It's just for one day..... All normal parameters will resume tomorrow..

:pump:

Thanks, have some treats...

:witch:

7. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Seriously....???

That's the best way they could write the story where Dan finds out about Ross? Why would Kerry just blurt it out like that?

I don't know what disappointed me the most, that reveal or character's dancing to something different to what the viewers were listening to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    And then she ends up getting with Sam?

9. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +953
    Megan didn't get much sleep because of all the noise Kerry was making !!!!! It will be great to see her and Sammy settle down together. Hopefully they will start a family and we'll have two or three thick as two planks idiots running round the village.

10. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Emma running away from a dead lover & stopping by some railings to cry it out, took me back nearly 30 years...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    How brilliant has Gillian Kearney been this week?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    She was really great. Could you imagine what she could do with a more grounded storyline. I just hope this isn't leading to her exit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    She would be amazing.

I have this sinking feeling that it's leading to her leaving the show. I don't want her to go and I think it would be a mistake to leave the Barton boys without a patriarch and a matriarch. Who knows, look what the show's done with Robert since he killed Katie. Maybe she will stick around. I hope so.

I have to add that John Middleton continues to be amazing as well. The Middleton/Kearney scenes were intense. They were also cruel, which has only added to my suspicions that the writers are done making Emma likable, in spite of the fact that for me, Kearney manages to inject everything Emma does with just the right amount of pathos.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +555
    Medals:
    I think so too, and if Kearney has had a year to year contract then it would be up in January 2017. It'll be a real shame if she goes.

I think Emmerdale has missed a trick by failing to introduce Nana Barton, James and John's mother, into the show. The show could do with a traditional matriarch. And I love the idea of the four Barton boys being lead by a trio of matriarchs.

But yeah, killing off James was a waste - the show needs more strong, decent and normal male characters.

Katie's death was more of an accident, but there's also the fact that Ross set out to kill Robert without hesitation (while also wanting to have his own brother killed). There's no real reasoning as to how Ross could be capable of such a thing - at least we have some understanding of how Emma has ended up in the situation she's in. So maybe there is hope for keeping her in the show long term.

I think that's what is really frustrating about this, has the show not realised how well Kearney has shaped the character? If they really appreciated that Emma has the makings of a really great Emmerdale character, would they have put her in such a tired, rehashed soap plot? I liked the idea of Emma doing her best to keep her family together in her own mad way, but without having her go over the top like she has.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    I love the thought of that. They could really have fun with the Nana Barton casting too.

And all for the sake of a stunt week. :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    I enjoyed the Ross/Victoria scenes tonight because I can't really recall them interacting before. I wish that we would get more of Ross then just little spurts here and there. Some more insight into his character and some genuine character development would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    I was going to ask if they had previous been in a story-line together. I don't understand why Victoria is blaming Adam and trying to keep the peace with Ross. I know the actor playing Adam is in the TV show I'M A CELEBRITY so I'm assuming this story is about taking Adam out of the show for a few weeks.

If that is the reason it's a poor one, he could have left to go see Holly - or maybe he does....

18. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    We had lots of snow yesterday and I see we were not alone....

[​IMG]

19. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Medals:
    I wasn't watching regularly when Ross was introduced so I couldn't recall Victoria and Ross crossing over much. I get the impression from some dialogue on Thursday that they had a one night stand or something.

I took it more as Victoria just being nice and reaching out to Ross.

It's looking more like drama over having a baby is going to be what sends Adam away to the jungle.

Hannah?

Whoa! You had snow already!? We were a perfect 80 degrees here today. :D It's been a heavenly November so far. (Weather-wise, if not national election-wise.)

Thursday's double bill was a rare treat for me--one episode featuring four of my favorites--Ross, Robert, Aaron and Finn. It was really nice to have some Aaron/Finn interaction. (Loved the Kylie discussion.) I'm enjoying Finn's storyline with the guy in the coma.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,801
    Yeah, I got that too, I wonder if @Canon knows what happened.

I just found it odd, but then again I haven't been watching long

I started off well by getting the first letter...

This reminded me of Alexis and the music forum :D

• Like Like x 1