Eileen Davidson abuse allegations.......

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by TJames03, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Rumor has it that Davidson left YandR due to severe abuse from an unknown person. She said this isn't true, but I find it odd that Eric Braeden is leaving the show for one whole month. It is allegedly because of some charity, but he has never done that before and I'm wondering if that may not be a suspension thing happening, allegedly.....

https://soaphub.com/young-restless/news-yr/eileen-davidson-stops-wild-yr-exit-claims/

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,191
    Actually, the gist of this article is ED denying any such thing has been going on, dismissing the entire rumor which, to be honest, I had not even heard until now.

As for EB's time off, I am pretty sure this is a budgetary measure. The vets have a certain number of guaranteed days of work, and if they go over that guarantee, the show has to pay them extra (in other words, go over budget). Melody Thomas Scott had to take an unscheduled vacation right in the middle of a major story a few years ago for this same reason. EB likely tried to talk them into letting him go over his guarantee (since he seems to think he's the king of the castle) and they refused, so he took on a charity event of some kind just to make it look like he "chose" to not appear for a bit.

But what do I know? Y&R's backstage politics is a dumpster fire. They basically fired Doug Davidson after FORTY YEARS and didn't give him so much as a cupcake with a candle in it.

3. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +370
    It is a very odd rumor. Abuse? Huh?

But they keep Braeden and Thomas-Scott. Their characters have been used up decades ago and they keep repeating the same stories, literally, constantly.

Maybe we should get Victoria Rowell to weigh in on this......

4. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Maybe with Les Moonves out at CBS, Braeden's death from on the show will cease due to a change in personnel. Dump him and Thomas-Scott, ASAP. Something is really odd Re: Braeden's "charity" time break.

5. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +370

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)