1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastenders craziest storyline??

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Pamela_E, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Eastenders has been a bit all over the place in recent months, one minute it's an earthy drama and the next it feels like an American daytime soap opera.

It's left me intrigued and kind of dizzy!

But I'm not sure what I make of the whole Max and Wilnot Brown thing. Genius or completely insane?

It kind of feels like it lacks momentum and is hard to believe. Now Jane has gone apparently for ever in the midst of all the insanity. I'm not overly bothered by Jane going as I think it all became a bit too cosy for Ian. It lacked the explosions that I would expect from Ian's dysfunctional relationships.

So what do you make of it all?

2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 21 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,065
    I'm not a regular viewer of EastEnders but I do tune in occasionally when I have nothing better to do. I think this Max Branning plot is boring, ridiculous and going on for far too long. I like the idea of bringing Wilmot-Brown back to torment "Kaffy" but this storyline of him wanting to take over the whole of Walford stretches credibility and has completely lost my interest.

3. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan EXP: 15 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Despite all the goodbyes on Twitter, I still find it hard to believe that Jane is gone for good. It's surely a ruse so that it will be a surprise when she's the one who brings Max and the evil tycoons down in the end. With all his children mostly dead, I think the Ian character would be pretty lost without her. They can hardly face marrying him off for the 9th time.

4. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +355
    But you know who is coming back? Not sure if it counts as a spoiler but I thought maybe they would explore their relationship with Ian instead

5. markymark

markymark Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I think Jane's exit was strange. I don't believe for one minute she would have listened to Max's threats.
    Seems like they didn't know how to write her out and they didn't want to kill her off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,065
    Totally agree. They should have just have had Max threaten her and then have her disappear with the viewers not knowing whether she left on her own accord or if Max did something to her. However, they wanted introduce a ticking time bomb with her leaving an incriminating voicemail on Stacy's phone as part of the boring and ludicrous Wilmot-Brown revenge storyline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Canon

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Russell T Davies isn't a fan...

DNFgTIBX4AAvpPD.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Angela Channing

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +12,065
    In that photo, Max and Fi look like the EastEnders audience when they watch the show at the moment: they look half asleep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict EXP: 9 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,799
    Honestly I'm confused by EastEnders, it is very lost and all over the place as @Pamela_E said.

Ten or fifteen years ago this plot with Max would've been exciting and over and done with by now, however its dragging on too long and is a result of a storyline that was aired years ago now.

This storyline should be as sinister as its trying to be but it isn't.

10. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Winner EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    It's totally nuts and I'm really enjoying it. And it all goes back to Max having it off with Lucy ...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    '''''''
    Ratings:
    +489
    I agree I am loving this storyline right now, EE strengths are its slow burners. It drives me potty that viewers like storylines wrapped up quickly.

I suppose it is the age we are in now sadly. :cry:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  12. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I have to say I am a little bored of it, not that I want it to end quickly but I'm just not feeling it. A little bit of soul seems to have gone in recent weeks. I was really enjoying it up until Stevens death and then it seems to have gone on some odd tangent.

It's like the dream season of Dallas. On one hand you had the plot with Donna and then at the other extreme there was Angelica Nero and Jack twinning some old Greek guy.

Maybe Sharon will wake up and find Grant in the shower.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Canon

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    The fire week was supposedly some of the last episodes Sean O'Connor was involved with so we're now seeing O'Connor's work being produced and probably changed by John Yorke, given how quickly the change over was said to have happened. I've thought it a bit odd at times, certain scenes feel like they may have been added in place of something else.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Canon

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Samantha Womack was "devastated" over Ronnie Mitchell axing

In a candid interview with John Bishop, the actress said: "I was devastated because I wasn't planning to leave.

"I was waiting to meet the new producer [Sean O'Connor], I'd heard he wanted to take it back to kind of reality, less murders.

"So I met him the first time and he went, 'She's too dark, so we're gonna kill her.' And I was like 'What?!' So yeah, I had to drown myself. That was really hard, having to kill someone that I loved."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eas...antha-womack-ronnie-mitchell-exit-devastated/

15. Canon

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    Aaron Sidwell says it was an "odd decision" for the soap to kill off another of Ian Beale's children

At first I was gutted [to leave], but I went back to EastEnders because I wanted to buy a house and I've done that now," he admitted, adding: "It feels like the right time to move on."

However, the actor was quick to point out: "I feel sorry for [Ian Beale actor] Adam Woodyatt. I think he's still digesting the news.

"Killing off another one of his on-screen children seemed like an odd decision, but the writers assured us there is a bigger picture. Time will tell if it was the right thing to do."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eas...on-sidwell-says-odd-to-kill-off-steven-beale/

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator EXP: 11 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,506
    The lack of spin is very refreshing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +355
    This week has been enjoyable so far. Love all the stuff with Abi and Lauren. Abi is brilliant sitting around in Lauren's wedding dress holding an urn of ashes.

Also enjoyed the kids throwing an egg at Sonia, you just would wouldn't you. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Canon

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +647
    A few of the EE actors are like that (maybe that's what gets them killed off ), Jessie Wallace has said she's not coming back until she has to.

• Like Like x 1
  19. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Winner EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    This week's episodes were all over the shop, tonally. And then gradually it all came together and made sense. Honey's a hundred percent more interesting when she's being an emotional fascist like she was tonight. That hasn't happened in years. And Kathy's little talk to Michelle about standing up to bullies paid off brilliantly.

• Like Like x 2
  20. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    Shouldn't that be "move in"?

• Funny Funny x 1