1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump suggests injecting bleach to cure Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Sarah, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,594
    Medals:
    Tell us how going from founding the nation in 1776 to becoming the world's only superpower by the early 1990s and the most prosperous nation in the history of the world is being "screwed over." Other countries want to get "screwed over" that way!

2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,513
    Trump was using the bleach comparison. He could have compared it to Tamiflu for the flu--"we need something like that for Sars-cov-2" comparing it to a medicine that stops its growth would be an analogy one could make. And I make that Tamiflu analogy having zero medical knowledge, and not having a gazillion briefings by medical teams like he has. Using the analogy of bleach is not "something like that." It is his usual cavalier attitude about everything--the virus was first a hoax by democrats, then it would magically go away one day, and so on. Statements like that are the reason why I don't take anyone who supports him seriously, anymore than I take anyone who says "replacing Trump with someone else is not important because he is no worse than others" seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,289
    Sure, but it doesn't explain why Trump's defense now is to say it was sarcasm, to see how the journalists would react.

He's like those people saying stupid things, and then say "come on, it was just a joke"...

It also reminds me Roseanne, comparing Valerie Jarett to an ape, and after claiming she thought Valerie was white... She also blamed Ambien... Yeah, yeah, sure... Like Trump, she's taking no responsibility.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,665
    Medals:
    That's the way I took it initially. Why he now says it's a joke instead defending it along those lines is what I don't understand. He seems serious in the replays and it doesn't fit any definition of "sarcasm" that I know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,139
    Medals:
    I don't take anybody seriously who thinks replacing Trump with anybody living will magically make everything better. What matters is what they stand for and what they'll fight for. Biden is a mere warm body who can no longer form coherent sentences, has been in hiding much of the time, and doesn't think single payer would help sick people in a pandemic. What a savior!

Biden and Trump are also in sync on a myriad of issues from gutting social programs to being rampant war mongers. Not that any of that matters to the blue MAGA crowd.

It didn't happen overnight. It's a result of policies implemented over decades by both Democratic and Republican administrations. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

But if you want to argue with income inequality statistics, be my guest.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  6. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,289
    I agree. The man contradicts himself. Again.

[​IMG]