Emmerdale Dingle Central

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Cookiescholes, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Cookiescholes

Cookiescholes Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    They should spread their stories out a bit more. There's too many Dingles onscreen at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,784
    Medals:
    I agree the Dingles are becoming Emmerdale's answer to the Mitchell's and the Branning's from EE and
    The McQueen's from Hollyoaks.

That's what I like Coronation Street in that aspect, because no family in that show is too large, each family is a small unit and there's only a handful of each member at any one time.

I think Emmerdale needs to clear the decks at the moment, it's time for another change, stop dragging on RobRon because that's been dragging on since 2014, it's getting a bit ridiculous now.
    Introduce a new family I think would be what Emmerdale needs at the moment.

3. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    What about the 70s and 80s when there were lots of Sugdens? :D

It looks like Robron will be going on for quite sometime, seeing as they are now married in a civil partnership.

4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,784
    Medals:
    There are more Dingles now just 7 years into this decade alone than there were Sugdens in the 70s and 80s.

I don't mind Robron as a whole I just hate the fact that they're dragging it out and giving them storylines just for the sake of doing so, it's not like it's Ashley's altzimers storyline, it's being done beautifully and it's a storyline that needs to be drawn out.

5. emm1978

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Robert and Aaron are going to be seen a lot together in the future, now that they're in a civil partnership.

As for Dingles, there was only one in last night's episode.

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,294
    I would be interested in knowing when the last episode was that no Dingles appeared, or when the next episode that comes along without a Dingle appearing in it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. emm1978

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    That's not something I take time to look for... I just watch the programme, like I have done since the early 1980s. Come to think of it, would anyone in the 80s and 90s have sat back and thought, 'wonder if Seth is in tonight's episode, or not?'

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,294
    Probably not, because Seth is one character, where as the Dingles are more.

9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,294
    Apart from the other night when you said this :lol:

10. emm1978

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Actually I noticed as I watch the show avidly. I wasn't sitting around all day before the show wondering how many Dingles, etc. were going to be in it. :D You can notice things, even if you're not looking for them.

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,294
    LOL, like it would take more than a few seconds to actually think of that question.

Let me make it a little more simple. A thread was created about the number of Dingles that feature in Emmerdale and thus questions were asked surrounding the topic of thread. It's really that simple, no one has been sat around all day looking for these question, they have come to light because other viewers have noticed it.

12. emm1978

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57

...and miss half of the show in the process. The Dingles are in Emmerdale because that's where they live. Anyway why has this question about them only just come to light? They've been in the series for 23 years. :D

13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,294

What do you mean by missing half the show in the process?

Probably because it feels like it's more than overkill right now.

It would be nice to focus on other characters that are not connected to the Dingles.

14. emm1978

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57

Because they're too busy calculating characters' screentime. I prefer to follow the storylines and avoid the notebook.

Although, I have written a book about growing up watching Emmerdale in the 80s and 90s. It should be out this Autumn, if not sooner. ;)

The book is my own 'personal' memories of the storylines and characters from the 80s and 90s and my first-hand reactions from back in the day to the storylines. If all goes well, I'll start writing a sequel.