1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the Carringtons need a genuinely blue-blooded family with which to socialize?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +289
    We ddon't have any details about Carrinton Atlantic yet, and it's history.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Medals:
    Oh, there's always a way.... Strange things happen during a big war. Tom winds up working in a wartime capacity for the shipping line, does certain clandestine things he's asked, and... voila!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    From light-fingered preacher to opportunistic seaman smuggler. Hmm. So he jumped in the deep end to find his sea legs, eh?

4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    Not necessarily: you recall on The Colbys Sable raised a terrific fuss over Constance giving Jeff all of her shares of ColbyEnterprises, so it doesn't surprise me she'd still be bitter about it, even a few years later. After all, Sable only said, in response to Jeff's, "I earned my money", "By the sweat of your Aunt Connie's brow!"

Since this is Sable, again, I think that's only her bitter memories talking.

5. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Ked, I suggest you relook Jeff's inheritance story of DS8 & the fuller conversation SybilSable & Jeff and Fallon have when they first meet in Denver. I don't have a conveniently selective memory.

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    (skip to 1:57)

So I was right, that's how the conversation went: "I earned my money." "By the sweat of your Aunt Connie's brow."

And yes, I know you're going to point out how Sable said, "Think back to the origins of your own wealth." My point earlier is that it's *Sable* who made that comment. Sable, who hated the fact that Constance left all her shares to Jeff and not to Miles. That bitter memory would stick out more to her than the memory that Jeff was left an inheritance by Cecil.

Either way, Jeff was wrong in saying he earned his money. He inherited from Cecil, and then inherited from Connie. And unless I'm mistaken, he inherited from Blake too. ...yet another reason for me to hate that literal bastard. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Well, dear, you did say “Sable ONLY said….”.

Point to consider: Which Sable is speaking here, in DS9? (But that's really secondary to almost everything else.) And, while you're at it, Ked, bear in mind:
    1. – Sabella & gang of The Colbys knew Jeff had inherited half of ColbyCo from Cecil.
    2. – Sabella & gang knew Connie had gifted a majority of her Colby Enterprises holdings to Jeff. (This differed from D.S6, where Connie had gifted Jeff everything she had of CE, which was half the company.)
    3. – Sabella & gang knew who inherited what from Connie.
    The main kicker is: Jeff of D.S8 didn’t inherit a cent from Cecil (if my memory hasn’t failed me completely).

As far as I can recall (erroneously?), that Jeff hadn’t inherited anything from Cecil was the backstory for D.S8’s revisit of Cecil’s will.

....And present day D.S8 rebooted Blake & Krystle both knew that. (Ie, they were no longer the people who had attended the hearing of Cecil “Logan Rhinewood” Colby’s will back in the day, which had divided Colbyco between Jeff & Alexis.)

What was the current news of present day D.S8 was Cecil’s former lawyer telling Krystle that Cecil had, in fact, made a will leaving something/everything to Jeff – but then made a fresh will leaving everything to Alexis just before he died. Something like that.

(Lawyer guy was telling this to Krystle because he was sore that Alexis had fired him immediately after she came into the inheritance from Cecil – this was a departure from the original story where Alexis had continued to use the services of this lawyer a couple of times or so. The character was eased out of Dynasty without Alexis firing him. He and other hospital characters at time of original Cecil's death return in D.S8 for a different take on events.)

Present day Krystle of DS8 was mad to hear the news. Was bee-in-her-bonnet-determined to prove that Cecil didn’t act out of his free will but that Alexis had forced Cecil to cut Jeff out, and leave everything to Alexis.

Blake didn’t read it that way: he thought that as Cecil had fallen in love with Alexis and wanted to marry her it was only natural that Cecil would made her his sole heir. He never appeared fussed that Jeff had not inherited anything from Cecil.

As far as I can remember, nothing during D.S8 changed Jeff's status of not having inherited from Cecil.

(Remember, this is the same D.S8 Jeff who told Sean, and maybe also Steven, that his unnamed father wanted info about the stalled/unfinished oil pipeline. This is too blurry for me to recall. But it was the first time Jeff had mentioned a living father on Dynasty.)

I don’t have any info about whether rebooted D.S8 Jeff was profiled as having received money from Connie. I also wasn’t sure if D.S8 Jeff was the same person as D.S9 Jeff.

What I do know from D.S9 is:

. Sable asked Jeff to think back to the origins of his wealth, and only Connie’s name came up in addition to his “I earned my money”.

. Over a meal with Jeff, Monica mentioned the money he inherited from Connie, and asked if he would share half/some with her and Miles.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

And I mean no disrespect towards you; it's the inconsistency of the show with it's small details and whatnot I no longer care about. It's too stressful and I can't handle it anymore.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Medals:
    Bumping up my own post for @tommie ....
    Which begs the question: where are the Colorado Fallon family, and what happened to them...?

10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,846
    Medals:
    Well, he had a job, so he earned his money.
    And maybe, just maybe, he was - consciously or subconsciously - referring to something else...but what?

What happened all those years he was being raised by Cecil Colby? What dastardly part of DYNASTY's history has managed to stay beneath our radar? Only to accidentally surface during an innocent discussion, like Roger Grimes' body?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Star EXP: 6 Years

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,388
    Medals:
    jefff.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,846
    Medals:
    It's not exactly what I had in mind, but we should consider every possibility.

Where did this happen? In Dominique's nightclub?

13. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Richard Channing

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,388
    Medals:
    The St. Dennis Club basement leather bar.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,846
    Medals:
    I guess that's where Constance found him?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Richard Channing

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,388
    Medals:
    Obviously.

cc.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    That's true. Though he knew Sable was talking about the *origins* his fortune. If he had said, "I have a job, I earn my money", then yeah. XD

Dominique always did seem rather fond of Jeff. :lol:

Deleted scene from "The Thorn Birds" where Mary Carson managed to sink her talons into Father Ralph. :lolo:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,761
    Medals:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,846
    Medals:
    She was so unfair, calling Jeff a "stranger".
    I mean, he was just a baby when Cecil took him to Colorado. That was not his own decision - but he's still a Colby!
    And should we remind Sable that he's a true blood Colby, and she isn't?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Medals:
    I could understand her calling him a "virtual stranger", since they hadn't seen him for years and didn't really interact with him all that much as he grew up (aside from a few visits). But when she started calling him an out-and-out "stranger", that was going too far. Especially since he was related by blood to both her *and* to Jason. ^^

Plus, unless I'm remembering things wrong, didn't the shares Constance have once belong to Philip, Jeff's father, before he was disowned by Andrew Colby? So really, Constance was only giving Jeff what would have ended up his anyway. Too bad nobody ever used that argument against Sable.