1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Colby

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by colbyco, Sep 23, 2017.

1. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +505
    THE COLBYS S2, episode 2
    - Denver Colby -
    Dominique (looked great in her white outfit) asked Jason if he can help Blake .... she also mentioned Ben took DC over and runs it now with Alexis. The company is now called Denver Colby. - --- I can´t remember they mentioned this name on DYNASTY and it was Alexis and not Ben who took the comany over .....

by the way: Francesca in her red dress never looked better

cs2e26p4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Comms Manager
    Ratings:
    +471
    I dunno about all that.

But Frankie, the poseur never held a candle to Sable and she doesn't there.

:laughs: Had to, sorry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Yes, I've always thought so too, with hair to complement. She wore that red dress across several scenes at the end of episode 2 (Season 2) and the beginning of episode 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Yes, that's substantially true, through it was Jason who said that he'd heard Ben had taken Denver Carrington over when Dominique came to ask him to help Blake.

The rest is as you say, that Dominique followed up with Ben running it with Alexis and that they were calling DC Denver Colby. And, the conversation was in episode 3, not episode 2 of Season 2.

This, to me, was another point of differentiation between contemporaneous The Colbys and Dynasty. Like Fallon accusing Adam of rape, we don't hear about it on Dynasty.

The only one-on-one conversation Dominique has with Jason on TC is 'matched' by Garrett having only one one-on-one conversation with Blake on Dynasty, if memory serves. The interesting thing to me there in the Garrett-Blake conversation was that Jason's name got dragged into the conversation by Blake, who guessed that Jason had sent Garrett to talk to him. Garrett's silence confirmed it. Blake blew his top because he saw it as Jason not minding his own business. Whereas Jason is minding his own business in the conversation with Dominique -- not because he'd been told to mind his own business but because that was the nature of the man as characterized by TC. Dynasty characterized Jason as someone less likeable than his TC counterpart, and (for one thing) more of a troublemaker in Blake's life.

5. colbyco

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Blake and Garrett had another conservation on Dominique´s engagement party.
    The episode I wrote about is episode 2!!!!!
    Here Dominique wears her white dress ....
    cs2e26p8.jpg

The next episode she sells her record company to Zach Powers in a glittering gold dress.
    cs2e27p10.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Thank you for enlightening me. So, my memory didn't serve. :innocent:

! x 5? Chill, dude.

Well yes, it was episode 2 (No Exit) if you're talking about Dominique's white dress that she was wearing when Garrett stopped by and she slammed the door on them having a life together.

But if you are talking about Dominique's meeting with Jason, then that was in episode 3 (Jason's choice); after -- presumably the day immediately after -- she sealed the deal with Zack.

In that scene with Jason she was wearing an outfit I so much prefer over the white one you mention. That one she wore was largely purple and 2-piece; it looked like it might have been a sleeveless shift dress with a broadish white trim around the neckline, and it was matched with a purple overcoat with broad white collar and white long sleeves.

Peace.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. Zable

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +913
    My bad. The inner piece was a long sleeved mostly fitted dress; zipped in the back and purple to the waist there, but purple to the breast-waist-breast in front in a sort of tulip pattern. The rest of the dress, including pluckered sleeves, was white (fully white in the back from neck to waist).

Dominique wore the dress without its matching purple-white knee-length coat in Titania Records when talking to Monica, also in episode 3 (Jason’s Choice).

Dominique looked chic and elegant in the two together earlier when talking to Jason, but a little awful in that all white 2-piece wraparound suit of episode 2, IMO. She looked too boxy in the shoulders and chest.

Suggestion: Why don’t you post a picture of how great Dominique looked when she made her Denver Colby statement – the title of this thread.

8. colbyco

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Yes her scene with Jason is in episode 3 ... I don´t like her outfit in this scene.... but that´s just my opinion !!!!!! (6) - kidding ;)

• Informative Informative x 1